Look for suggestions for preworkout!

dcominsky1256
dcominsky1256 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I have tried quite a few over the years, and I’ve yet to find one that really works for me. I need it to be sugar free (I’m diabetic and all the sugar makes me sick). I’m not caffeine sensitive so I can handle the high caffeine content. My problem is I work out in the evenings after working 12 hour shifts, so I need something that is really going to give me a boost to get moving, but isn’t going to upset my stomach (because even sugar free ones have made me sick)
Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Coffee
  • dcominsky1256
    dcominsky1256 Posts: 5 Member
    Coffee

Coffee doesn’t touch me. I can drink coffee all day and go to sleep (hence the not caffeine sensitive.) same with monster. I’m an EMT so I work 12-24 hour shifts regularly. Caffeine is my main diet. Lol
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Here's a ranked list with reviews. https://supplementreviews.com/categories/pre-workout/stimulant

I like the one I use (Myprotein MyPre) in part because it doesn't have a ton of caffeine; enough of a boost to wake me up without making me feel wired, so I doubt it would be a good fit for you.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Coffee

Coffee doesn’t touch me. I can drink coffee all day and go to sleep (hence the not caffeine sensitive.) same with monster. I’m an EMT so I work 12-24 hour shifts regularly. Caffeine is my main diet. Lol

What do you think is in pre workouts that give you an energy boost?
    It's not the creatine, it's not the beta alanine, and its definitely not the citrulline or any of the placebos thrown in just for fun.

If you're not sensitive to caffeine and have had no luck with caffeinated pre workouts its likely because you've built a very high tolerance to caffeine.

When off of it for 2-4 weeks then attempt to drink the same amount in a day.

Pre workouts main active proven ingredient is caffeine. If you want a more hard core stimulant go for ephedrine. Though it Is classified as an amphetamine.

Another cause might be the way you look at it. If your whole thought process Is "caffeine wont do anything" then the whole time you will have convinced yourself that it doesn't. Fitness Is extremely psychological.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    PEScience High Volume (Blue Razz) or coffee
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I use the Walmart brand energy drink packets that you add to water. 10 calories each