Locked door

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    @cee134 how do I post a pic from me email that came from her email?

Stop it yous!
  • TheWeakFace
    TheWeakFace Posts: 75 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    @cee134 how do I post a pic from me email that came from her email?

Stop it yous!

😅
  • TheWeakFace
    TheWeakFace Posts: 75 Member
    j8s7da01o0xf.jpeg
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    giphy.gif
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Now open it
  • cee134
    Well, I can say there's probably nothing in there since they built a door in the way.

But you never know.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    j8s7da01o0xf.jpeg

I would have already busted that *kitten* in.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    You take a file and go through the paint. Even a butter knife would work. If the bottom part is covered with trim, a carpenter could take a buzz saw and get right through that in a heartbeat. You'd have to replace it but that wouldn't take anything to do. Try the butter knife, maybe the door will push right in, take the hinges off.
  • cee134
    What if someone left a 1913 Liberty Head V Nickel (worth about $4,408,650) in there and didn't bother to go back for it because at the time it was only a nickel.
  • Bealski
    Bealski Posts: 6 Member
    Do any of you remember that episode of "Tales From the Darkside" with the little monster that lived in the cubby hole? Maybe, I'm dating myself...
  • ssss6813
    ssss6813 Posts: 74 Member
    I crying with laughter
  • Diatonic12
    edited July 2018
    What if all of the treasures from the Great Depression were hidden in there for safe keeping. Maybe someone who lived through the Great Depression was scared of banks and stored all of their silver dollars in there. Rolls and rolls of silver dollars.

https://invest.usgoldbureau.com/news/history-of-morgan-silver-dollars/

morgan-dollar.jpg.   The Curious History of the Morgan Silver Dollar  The Curious History of the Morgan Silver DollarThe Morgan silver dollar was first minted from 1878-1904, and again in 1921. Following the passage of the Bland-Allison Act in 1878, which required the U.S. Treasury to purchase a specified amount of silver to be circulated as silver dollars, Morgan dollars quickly stockpiled in the Treasury and bank reserves.

The act was passed during the height of the bimetallism movement in America, or the use of both silver and gold standards. With tens of millions of coins minted in a particular year alone, Morgan dollars continue to be one of the most widely circulated silver bullion today.
    How Much Silver is in a Morgan Dollar?

They contain 90 percent silver and 10 percent copper, which makes them easy to buy and sell at lower prices. Though Morgan dollars are often close to the spot price of silver, rarely minted, high-grade coins can sell for thousands of dollars
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    It looks high up. One time I dated a tall guy and he put marshmallows out of my reach. Maybe some scrumptious marshmallows are up there.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    @ssss6813 , clearly this door has been relocated from floor 7½.

Do you know anyone that will soon have their 44th birthday?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think this where the previous mom hid the Kings Hawaiian Rolls.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Is that a vent on the cabinets below?
  • Diatonic12
    edited July 2018
    Kitchen Archaeology

https://alamedahistory.org/2014/01/22/kitchen-archaeology-the-california-cooler/

Inside the kitchen, the vents led into a cabinet with shelves, which were often just slats with space between to promote ventilation. The cabinet or cupboard had a door on the front, just like any other cupboard in the kitchen.

But the physics of convection made this cupboard different: warm air would escape through the top vent, which acted like a chimney, and cooler air was drawn in through the bottom vent. The result was a measurably cooler space that kept foods fresher longer, and promoted cooling for just-baked items.

Take the butter knife and cut through the paint, take off the hinges and push it through. I can fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5cneCgNA9U[/url]

• ssss6813
    ssss6813 Posts: 74 Member
    The door is in a bedroom not anywhere near a kitchen
  • Diatonic12
    What year was the house built. Take the hinges off and push it through. It can be fixed.