40’s women..looking for others/accountability

Want to connect with others that are struggling to lose the weight in your 40’s. Feel free to add me😊
Nothing like hormones to crash weight loss attempts!! ....! It can be done but sure isn’t as easy as it was 20 yrs ago 🤦🏻‍♀️

Replies

• Rubyheart18
    Rubyheart18 Posts: 10 Member
    Yes! Water weight seems to be ridiculous for a while now. I’ve stopped eating frozen meals...for now D: The sodium was a lot more than I ever realized. My husband and I. both stopped bread, pastas, and sugars/starches June 23rd. Losing a little weight but likely eating too much protein and good fats. Still eating fruits. I struggle with the exercising too. We have been walking in our pool at night but not real sure that burns much calories.
  • tonkacrew3
    tonkacrew3 Posts: 51 Member
    😕 Ugh...yes....The sodium in EVERYTHING! I make myself eat at home, only homemade recipes. This is hard though because my daughter and husband love eating out or eating unhealthy things here at home. So, basically I am cooking two meals each mealtime. The lack of exercise motivation is just my older, creaky body not wanting to move in new ways. 🙃 The results will be worth it though, I know. We can all do it! Let's move our creaky selves! 😊
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    I agree with all of you. This was so much easier when I lost weight the first and only time, I was 30 then.
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    I'm 41, my weight has only ever fluctuated by a stone. I'm slim but find it harder to keep it off than when I was 20s/30s. I need to watch my sugar intake and I do a shed load of excersise. Battling the middle age spread.
  • 72mossy
    72mossy Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2018
    I’m 46 in a month and want to lose 2 stone after having my second child who is 1. It’s the planning and being organised when am so tired that’s tough. Also I was always small and fluctuated within a half stone so if I hit my top weight I could live off coffee and porridge for a week and that would be me, motivation for a week is easy but 2 stone(28lbs) I know will be months as I’m 5ft 2 so I keep putting it off. I am living in 3 dresses at the moment as everything else makes me look like someone stuffed me in ☹️
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,724 Member
    I’m 48 and I struggle with logging my food. When I do I self sabotage, and grab junk at the end of the day.

I do get to walk my dog every morning for exercise, but I’m ready to get things going in the right direction again!

Jill
  • muffinmondays
    muffinmondays Posts: 31 Member
    Feel free to add me - Im 47. At the moment it feels like I am fighting a losing battle!! Just need that kick up the backside to get me going!
  • 72mossy
    72mossy Posts: 5 Member
    sorry noob here what does “add” mean
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,724 Member
    To add them as a friend :)
    Just click on their name. Then when their picture come up, click their name again. Then click on the blue person with the plus icon.

It’s easier than it sounds. Welcome!!
  • beanerschnitzel
    beanerschnitzel Posts: 75 Member
    45 and starting again after gaining back 25 pounds. It’s always inspiring to see before and after pictures, but I admit I get a little discouraged when I see that they are obviously of 20-something’s (bless their hearts 😜). Need to connect with people my age for encouragement and motivation.
  • andilee0902
    andilee0902 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm 43 and need to lose over 100 pounds. Struggling with diet programs. Just joined another one in hopes this is the last one.
  • smcgrath45
    smcgrath45 Posts: 22 Member
    45 here. I want to lose 20-30 lbs. Something changed in the last few years. I never really had to watch what I ate but suddenly I was putting on weight even with my "healthy" diet. I am now going to the gym daily, tracking my food intake to create a calorie deficit and avoiding high carb (pasta, bread, etc) and even low carb foods with a lot of calories, like CHEESE. It feels like this huge effort and it is working slowly but I am realizing that this needs to be my new normal. And a lot of areas of my life revolve around food and drinking, so that is a problem. It's like I need to totally change my lifestyle, add new friends whose main activity is not food/drinks. It's kind of depressing and I wish I did it 15 years ago. Feel free to add me.
  • kksmum2017
    kksmum2017 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 42 and had a hysterectomy in 2012.... I've been gaining weight since!