Just for Today

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    I like it. A lot. Because it’s all I handle right now. And as above - sometimes it’s moment to moment. Just for today .... I can !

Yes, you can!

(And I did do my bike ride, just like I said I would. But it was a million degrees outside and I might not move for the rest of the day😉)
  • julieklawrence7
    julieklawrence7 Posts: 1 Member
    I love it. Just for today, I will not be negative to myself.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 30 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

Hi Kate. Was trying to message you but it's refusing to send, wanted to wish you well as I am also recovering from cancer. All the best you are doing great. Carol
  • CricketKate
    Just for Today: I will make the work fun!
  • Piehacker
    Piehacker Posts: 1 Member
    Just for today, I'll tell my inner critic to "shut it" and consider me beautiful just as I am. (while working towards an even more beautiful me for the todays to come.)
  • william78552
    william78552 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you cricketKate I to only plan for one day I do what I can that day and wait for the next day and I just found out that I have colon cancer
  • CricketKate
    pandacsek wrote: »

WIlliam and Kate and everyone out there, let me share something real quick. I am 41 years old, mom of a 9 yo and a 8mo baby. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in my skull at 19 and breast cancer at 22. My body likes to produce tumors - I was told - so I can expect some more in the future - I was told. I have been keeping an eye on two tumors in my breast for the past 5 years and I KNOW I CAN BEAT anything because of my MINDSET.

The first surgery changed my life, I look at life differently and count my blessings every day. I know there is a higher power somewhere up there who lets me wake up and look at my beautiful children every morning and it brings tears to my eyes.

We all go through a lot in our lives. Some of us learn to appreciate without going through real tough times and some of us get it real hard. But I know the meaning of life now, it is to love everything around you. That is how you make a difference.

Sorry if I was being too dramatic. The words were just flowing out of me.

Have a great day!

My diagnosis came a month before my oldest child started 6th grade and my youngest started kindergarten, with 2 in between. It definitely gave me fresh perspective on life and what is important, because my life didn't flash before my eyes, but their 4 lives did. Every day with my babies is a gift, though they're hardly babies 4 years later😉.
  • CricketKate
    Thank you cricketKate I to only plan for one day I do what I can that day and wait for the next day and I just found out that I have colon cancer

Good luck to you in your diagnosis! Wishing you the best❤️

• CricketKate
    Just for Today: I will stick to my plan.
  • CricketKate
    Just for Today: I will not let stress get to me.🤨
  • CricketKate
    Just for Today: I will focus on small goals.
  • stainbackzoo
    stainbackzoo Posts: 82 Member
    I ❤️ this idea! i’ll be joining tomorrow! thank you!
  • stainbackzoo
    Just for today: I will log everything I eat!

ps- I am a really sloppy logger 😔
  • CricketKate
    Just for Today: I will relax!
  • UsernameJenn
    UsernameJenn Posts: 10 Member
    Just for today: I won't eat any sweets.
  • UsernameJenn
    UsernameJenn Posts: 10 Member

Hi William, wishing you all the best. Stay strong! :)
  • stainbackzoo
    Just for Today: I will have no sweets!
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Love it. Thank you for sharing. I am going to start using it also. Believe it or not I am starting fresh today and "just for today: I will be eating health, tracking and no wine or brandy tonight.
  • patsyacs
    patsyacs Posts: 1,322 Member
    Just for today: I will stay positive!