Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    I'm happy to start the new threads. :smile:

I have a nifty app that I use to set reminders, Todoist, so I've put in one for the 1st of every month, which in my time, Australian, is early enough for people to get warning to start a fresh month, I hope.

@NovusDies Can you link me to a new post with all your resources? Or I'm thinking a text file would work better for me...

I work from a text file because it is easier for me. I can copy it into a PM with a code wrapper so you can create one locally for yourself when I am done with the latest revisions.

ETA: I am assuming the PM system uses bbcode. I have not paid attention because I haven't used it that much yet.

Great! Thank you, perfect!! Assuming the PM will work. But we'll sort something out. The thread will survive!!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I should add that I'm not promising to greet everyone. I know when @JulieAL1969's got me beat in the niceness stakes! :smiley: Plus, I just don't have the time.

Which is why I immediately started to suggest help. I can see how much work is involved.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Great! Thank you, perfect!! Assuming the PM will work. But we'll sort something out. The thread will survive!!

I can always post it again. The one I did in May that showed the bbcodes could have been easily copied into a text file too.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited July 2018
    @orphia and @NovusDies Thanks a million! Perfect people for the job! I will also participate and welcome people when I can. No problem. We got a great team on this thread! Love you both!
    Thanks for your kind words! Xo
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Quoting this from July 3.
    jaime920 wrote: »
    I've been lurking since June but I'm ready to jump in! I love how positive and encouraging everyone is here (and @JulieAL1969 and @NovusDies - you guys provide so much great info and insight that has really impacted the way I'm thinking about drinking AND eating, bc I'm finding this information applies to both). Over the years my "weekend wine" has become more frequent that just weekends, and I hate the effects on my waistline and how I feel, but it's such an easy trap to stay in (especially with work, kids, life stress - and in summer, it seems to be even worse). I would really like to cut way back. Still deciding if that means totally "Dry July" or if I want to have some other plan. Guess I better figure that out quickly.

I lost weight tracking calories on MFP years ago, and I dabble in tracking here and there, but I know that consistent dedication is what needs to happen. I also had success with WW in the past. For the past few years, though, it seems that the things that used to work just aren't any more, and I get frustrated when I don't see results so I throw in the towel - again and again. I would love to know what other threads on MFP you guys like for weight loss, and if you have any tips in addition to cutting back on alcohol!

@jaime920 I see that's the only post you ever made on the forum. I'm tagging you to remind you, in case you ever return and see a notification.

Don't be daunted by what you may not have done. Be happy for the things you HAVE done. Hugs.

Look back to page 1 of this thread for tips on living with less alcohol.

And, I always, say, "You might as well keep trying because the time will pass anyway".
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Thanks to @Orphia and @NovusDies for your willingness, and of course I echo everyone's well-deserved kind words for Julie. I think this would be a good time for those of us who have been around awhile to commit to welcoming newcomers when we see them so that the responsibility is not on just a couple of people. I'm definitely guilty of leaving that kind of thing to Julie, even though I am genuinely happy to see any new people that pop up. I'll try to be better about saying hello and not lazily leaving it to the "official" facilitators.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'll greet people too. Everyone should feel welcome, and the thread is all of us. :)
    I don't mean to diminish Julie's hard work at all! You've gone above and beyond! I just meant we could all chip in.
  • 66ceejay
    66ceejay Posts: 10 Member
    I'm in too. Starting today
  • RubyRed427
    @donimfp and @snoo61 Thank you for your sweet words. And yes, it's very true, the thread is all of us. So right:) xoxoxox
  • RubyRed427
    66ceejay wrote: »
    I'm in too. Starting today

Welcome- be sure to check out the first few entries of this month's thread, it has a lot of resources to help you.
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    . The positive note is that of course, I forgive myself and will never give up on me.

Xo

Love this bit the best. You got this
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi @JulieAL1969, I am happy for you!! You have helped us all out a lot here and I am glad that you are taking care of you!! I will still be looking for you even though you are taking a new role here.
  • salleewins
    @trishfit2014, I know what you mean and am excited for you. I just joined a gym, helped set up for the church picnic today etc. If I was drinking, I doubt I would have helped or followed through or it would have been a strain to do.
  • salleewins
    I love the cooking, too and that soup sounds great, @donimfp ! I have bought those lime leaves, but not the other. Yes, more time and energy for real fun. Makes for better memories. More time and energy to be successful at some things not done before.