Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    Dog show, lunch and stroll/shopping with new T'ai Chi buddy went well. No Skye terriers :( but lots of Border Terriers, a few Wheatens, a couple Russells and a Smooth Fox. She drove so I indulged in a real, not AF, ale at lunch. Was pleasantly surprised it didn't make me woozy. But oh! That gal is a naughty influence. Took me into a shop that was all popcorn and candy. Just had to sample some dark chocolate covered caramels. You know how that story ended. Managed to hold myself down to one, stashed the other four for 4 other days down the road. Then we hit the farmer's market where I found the guy (Rivers Edge Gourmet Foods) who puts together seasoning packets for dips and dressings. Got his curry mix at last Valentine's day art and chocolate event and it is yummy. Today got the chipotle which I'll respect as it's marked as HOT. His ranch is the only ranch I like, other than my own garlic ranch based on Pioneer Woman's.

Kylia Here are the knee exercises PT gave me. I have to DO them for them to help, tho'. Sit on floor with rolled up towel under bad knee, other knee bent. Use thigh muscle to pull kneecap up toward your groin and hold for a count of 5. Relax, and repeat 10 times. Try not to use butt muscles, just thigh. Then roll leg outward from hip and do another set. Same for other knee.
    Sit on floor with knees bent next to wall. Put ball between knee and wall, press out against wall, hold for a count of 5, relax, repeat for 10 times total.
    Swing around and do other knee. Then put ball between knees and squeeze inward, hold for count of 5, relax and repeat 10 times. All the time concentrating on using muscles above and around knees to make space within your knee joint.
    Roll over onto your stomach and do quad stretches, try to get your heels to your butt, hold for 5, repeat. I use a resistance band around my ankles as I can't quite bend enough to grab hold of ankles with hands.
    Finally stretch calves by standing tiptoe on a folded blanket and lowering first one heel to floor, then raise it as you lower the other for 10 times each side. Finish with both heels on floor, toes on blanket, and try to bend your knees.
    Here's what the towel and ball look like. Good luck!
    ydey7dw0bo35.jpg
    NYKaren could you borrow someone's terriers, host them in the attic?
    Katla Your lenses sound like mine, only mine are also progressive/hidden bifocals. They ARE expensive but the ultralightweight and automatic darkening are worth it to me.
    Pip I can just feel you backing up to get a running start and BAM. Thanks!
    Lisa Beautiful needlework!
    Beth so sorry to hear your OS is in hospital again. Point well taken about how interdependent our bodies' systems are. Thanks for posting.
    CSSJ what a very hard time you've had. ((hugs))

Welcome KimberlyAndrews.

Sleep sweet, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 11/13, meditate 8/13, walk one more step 7/13, knee exercises 8/13, walk Tumble 8/8 times, SWSY 0/4, hang up or purge art 0/1
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    :/
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Sunday -- Really nice day today.

This afternoon, my husband and I went for a walk along Beach! First time we've been to the beach since the accident.

Distance: 2.08 km
    Moving Time: 36:43
    Pace: 17:38/km
    Elevation: 15 m
    Elapsed Time: 1:11:58

And then I hopped on the trainer.

Zwift's Figure 8 Route
    Distance: 30.58 km
    Elevation: 254 m
    Moving Time: 1:13:57
    Elapsed Time: 1:13:57

........................ Avg ............. Max
    Speed ............. 24.8km/h ....... 63.4km/h
    Heart Rate ...... 149bpm ......... 181bpm
    Cadence ......... 82 ................. 141
    Power ............ 100W ............ 265W

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Mary prayers for your daughter.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    NYKAREN - Sounds like a great trip. And not too hot as it will be the end of their winter. I have only been to Doha airport, so don't know much about it! Do you need visas? I'm so glad you are embracing travel. As you know it is one of the most important things in my life. I truly do feel like a citizen of the world. :D

Love the quilts Lisa. I know they are only blueprints as yet, but I can't imagine where you find the time! You must work like a whirlwind! :o:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx cooking Spinach and Feta Pie. :D
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    .. gonna ride to sumner this morning instead of working out at the gym, got new bike helmet, and a new pair of bike shorts. kirby was going to replace my helmet light and noticed I had a big break on my helmet that I didn't even know was there. one break, gotta replace it or crash. gonna take some milk and sausage patties to work for the week so my ride Monday won't be so heavy
  • pipcd34
    Options
    y2bik714ph2w.jpeg
    amw4lcquqc2g.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I guess plans changed, he doesn't want me to ride to sumner, so going to the gym I guess :/