Breast Reduction Question

Hi I’m 19 years old, I weigh about 114 pounds, I’m 5’1, and I’m a D cup breast size. I’m really looking to decrease my breast size as much as possible without having to resort to surgery. I know I don’t have the biggest breasts in the world, but I am relatively small (body wise) and it’s such a struggle finding clothes that look right on me and feeling comfortable in my body and after having to deal with this the last 10 years or so (yes, I started puberty at nine years old) I’ve come to the conclusion that I literally cannot live with having big boobs anymore. I’m in college and I can’t afford to pay for breast reduction surgery (otherwise I would’ve had it the second I hit 18) and I’m positive that my insurance wouldn’t cover it. I’d like to at least get to a C cup (even though I’d prefer to be a B cup) I exercise several times a week and in the last year I’ve gone from 133 lbs to 114 with my goal weight being about 100-104. I’ve managed to go from a DD to a D. I understand how difficult it is to lose weight in your breasts so I’m not expecting any miracle answers, but if anyone just has some tips or advice or anything that could potentially help, please let me know.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    given that you haven't lost much weight from your breasts so far, it's unlikely you will lose much more. you're obviously just built that way. best get saving for a reduction.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Do your breasts cause you pain or discomfort? If you have health or medical issues insurance should pay for it. Let your doctor know if you are having any pain.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 975 Member
    Although I often agree with TavistickToad’s comments, I’m not sure i do for this topic. You’re in the middle BMI range for your height, perhaps another 5 lbs down may do it? If you’ve read the posts concerning losing belly fat (often the last spot to lose for many), it is the last few pounds that typically help the last problem area. Just a thought...
  • OHammykins
    OHammykins Posts: 98 Member
    I would wait it out a bit longer. When I was 18/19 my breasts looked huge in comparison to the rest of my body. I got a lot of teasing for it and longed for the day I'd have enough money for reduction surgery.

What I didn't realise was by body would continue to change as I got older. By the time I was 25 everything had settled into better proportions. I've lost a bit of weight as well and started investing in better quality bras. Between all of that I've found myself 100 times more comfortable with how I look and feel.

I'm not saying don't do it, but maybe hold out a little longer and see how your body matures.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Another thing to consider is your ability to breastfeed future children (if that's something you're concerned about) will very likely be compromised if you have a reduction.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    104lbs wrote: »
    I understand how difficult it is to lose weight in your breasts so I’m not expecting any miracle answers, but if anyone just has some tips or advice or anything that could potentially help, please let me know.

It is only difficult if you body prefers to store fat there. People with smaller breasts find it is the first place to go. You may not even go down to a C if you continue to lose weight, but hopefully you will.
    Although I often agree with TavistickToad’s comments, I’m not sure i do for this topic. You’re in the middle BMI range for your height, perhaps another 5 lbs down may do it? If you’ve read the posts concerning losing belly fat (often the last spot to lose for many), it is the last few pounds that typically help the last problem area. Just a thought...

I am the opposite aka pear shaped and the last 10 lbs that came off was more from my upper body (breasts, ribcage, arms) not from butt thighs and stomach. I am at the lower end of the bmi, so the last bit of stomach I can't lose without going into underweight category. While some people may benefit from the last couple pounds, some people are just stuck (though with stomach you have the option of recomp or building/cutting cycles).