• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Love the seahorses!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)Rebecca, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, <3<3<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip: I am sorry for the loss of your late husband. You've been lucky to have two good men in your life. :heart:

Rebecca: Rest well. Tomorrow is almost here and I'll bet that everything goes well. As to the landlord situation, I'm guessing he'll keep checking up periodically and as he gets to know you the checkups will get farther apart. If he's renting out his home in a military town, there are lots of reasons to keep a close eye on the property. Some of the guys and gals are wonderful and some are party animals. He'll discover how wonderful you are and be more confident that he's got good people after each visit. :flowerforyou:

Mary: Your mom and sister have great smiles. Your mom looks amazing for 90. You are simply gorgeous. :star:

(((MEG))) I'm glad that you checked in with us. I hope you'll post more often. You have been a stalwart soldier with a load of worries. I hope you'll realize that we see you as a strong and brave woman. Please plan to do something to make yourself happy on a regular basis, whether it is a little thing or something more extravagant. Stop by here often. :heart:

Michele: I love your sea horses, too. :bigsmile:

It has been a full day. I had yoga this morning, picked my first blueberries of the season, and handled some banking details for DH. DD and her husband got their Longmont house ready for sale, and it looks absolutely fabulous. I hope they get a good price for it.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Rebecca Remember to take us along as pocket angels!

Mary Love the photos. You're a vixen. No way your mom is 90, and your sister looks great!

Cheri I'm gettin' tired of waiting for photos of your new digs. m0980.gif

I'm getting really anxious from watching the news on TV. I think I am addicted to watching it. It makes me feel anxious to watch it, but I feel more anxious if I don't know what's going on. Ugh.

Karen in Virginia
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    edited July 2018
    Good wishes for Rebecca today!

This morning DH and I got up before 6 am and we were out of the door by 6.10. :D Lovely power walk together round the green lanes in the cool of the morning.
    Once upon a time I found that walk to be the limit of my endurance. Pain. :# I did not enjoy it. Struggling round. Now I sped round and was only mildly out of breath on the hills. No pain. It's a miracle.
    When we got back I decided it would be fun to have breakfast on the patio. Lovely to listen to the birds.
    I've just read a book which suggests that we can create a "mini holiday" every day by doing something holidayish for twenty minutes. Something you don't normally do. A bit like Katla's "have fun every day".

Then I washed my hair, put my face on, and now I'm off to yoga. :D

This afternoon I'm taking a bottle of chilled AF Rosé wine over to my friend's house to commiserate over her foot. <3

Having fresh tuna tonight. :D I use a Gordon Ramsey recipe with soy sauce, wasabi and sesame seeds. Delish! Having with broccoli, and potatoes for DH.
    My homemade yoghurt cheese is draining at the moment. I have 100 calories of it most afternoons with half an avocado or a hard boiled egg. Sometimes with mixed Indian pickle or peri peri.

Today I will have fewer calories than usual because, even with our walk on top, the yoga doesn’t give me enough calories. Currently I am burning 800 - 900 exercise calories a day. Today will be about 500. :(

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Any nosy people who would like to read an interview in The Guilty Mother's Club with my daughter in law, here it is :D

https://www.guiltymothersclub.co.uk/mama-interview-dr-jessamy-hibberd/

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,639 Member
    morning ladies~
    I am very tired and think I have to startings of a summer cold...Alfie was mad at me last night I had just bought him a new pet bed about 3 weeks ago,and came home to see that he had tore it to pieces ughh.. soooo I am buying a crate. A few of the ladies here said dont put him in a crate, well Im tired of him tearing stuff apart.. so in the crate he will go..
    severe weather this afternoon, so I will see when I go in how it will go.
    going to hop in the shower and get dressed,take Alfie for a walk, go walk the boys and feed my DFIL.. then drop off my application..
    will also stop by the senior center, just to say hi to Mary and see if she remembers me..
  • cityjaneLondon
    Oh NYKAREN - What a terrible thing to happen. Our worst nightmare. Sending hugs to you and your DH. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,436 Member
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    Any nosy people who would like to read an interview in The Guilty Mother's Club with my daughter in law, here it is :D

https://www.guiltymothersclub.co.uk/mama-interview-dr-jessamy-hibberd/

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

:) Great interview and great photos of the family
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,286 Member
    Happy Tuesday! Playing a bit of catch-up here.....

Mary - I join the others in WOW on the pix of you, your mom and your sis. Youthful genes for sure! Sorry to hear your daughter isn't doing well again :( Rats.

Barbara AHMOD - You simply rock at your low carbs each day. I figured I only ate 69 yesterday and I was famished this morning.

Heather
    - Good thing you lit a fire under the realtor - we assume they are keeping things running along but they push things aside. There are always enough "surprises" as possession of the new house gets closer let alone something like this. Proud of you for continuing the sort through things.

Machka
    - so glad to hear you and your DH went for that walk on the beach and that you are back on track with getting your Master's! <3

Carol
    - sorry to hear about your friend :( . I always recut my hair when I get home from the beauty shop.... :# like you said, it grows!

Michele - great job on those seahorses! You and Vince need to hang out your shingle as movers, lol. Bet Shadow will like living at your house.

NYKaren - how sad about that child drowning. Sending hugs and prayers to the family.

Allie - good luck with the Senior Center job. If I was still working, I think it would be fun and educational. Do they serve the nutrition lunches funded through the federal government? Our county as 6 or 7 centers that serve government assisted $$ meals plus is getting a thrift store open and going for a revenue source. It's been a challenge budget wise from 100% county funding to the centers now having to fund themselves for the most part.

Ok ladies, gotta run. Off to town this morning -

Have a great day!

Lanette
    Sunny and cooler SW WA State

• csofled
    :)
  • csofled

Cheri I'm gettin' tired of waiting for photos of your new digs. m0980.gif

Karen in Virginia

Funny you should mention this as I just took some pics yesterday! I'll try and post later today!

Cheri
    in a very hot TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    NYKaren Those poor parents. Losing a vibrant 4 year old child suddenly in an accident is the most shocking, awful, life altering experience. My heart goes out to them, and to you.

Carol I have a pair of thinning shears for hair. They work great for making bangs finer because you can do one cut, comb out the few cut strands, and have a look. Then go from there. Or you could just go back and she could do it in about 2 minutes for you.

Machka Each day is a fresh start for all of us, but that has an especially poignant meaning for you in your new life with your new/old husband. I am reminded of Rory (and others here), who for different reasons, have, I believe, similar truths. (((Hugs))) and hopes for positive days going forward. I admire your tenacity and resilience.

Allie 2 of our 4 dogs are crate-trained, and it is something I would definitely recommend for any dog who is amenable. Our 2 boy doggies would injure themselves badly if they were put into a crate. However, our 2 girl doggies love their crates. We leave the doors off or open unless they actually need to be crated. They periodically retreat to their crates voluntarily for naps, to get away from peer pressure, or if they do something naughty or are feeling wimpy. Mabel sleeps at least half the night in her crate, and would be absolutely bereft without it. It's her She Shed.

KJ Squeeze Joaquin for me, will ya? t61006.gif

Going to try to get busy with some sorting and tossing the next few days. If I can make some headway, it will boost my mood. We have so much accumulated stuff. We have been the repository for multiple generations and combined families, etc, and need to pare down to essentials. Besides being an onerous task, that siren Sentimentality convinces me to keep things I have no use for. Maybe my headphones & energizing music will drown her out.

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Rebecca: Good wishes for a successful surgery and easy recovery. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Lovely interview with your DDIL! :bigsmile:

KJ: Congratulations on a great vacation with DD and Joaquin. :star:

Lanette: I used to get the best haircuts ever from a barber in town. He studied with Vidal Sassoon back in the day and knew his stuff. Unfortunately, he moved away. The woman who does my hair now is a delightful person, but I have to keep an eye on what she is doing with her scissors. I have wavy hair, and it if is cut right it is easy and looks good. If not, :noway: Our local senior center has a thrift shop to help fund itself. They offer a number of services, including meals on wheels to a wide variety of elderly folks. Many pay. Those who can't afford it get the meals for free. :heart:

The county fair opens tomorrow and I hope that we can go. It will depend on the weather. If it is too hot, we'll wait for a cooler day. I like to see the 4H exhibits. It is great fun to see the kids showing their animals. I also enjoy the crafts building. I've seen so many gorgeous quilts there. they have a rodeo, but the last time we tired to enjoy it, the arena was so dry that the events produced a cloud of dust so intense, you could barely see.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Michele - Love the seahorses, there is a ceramic shop near my house within walking distance, I should look into that.

Karen - I grew up watching the evening news every night and having to listen to the local news on the radio at lunch time. I very rarely watch the news now, when my Dad was still alive he would watch my local news then call me to make sure I knew what was going on. I ended up having to send him a map of the city with my workplace, house, girls school etc all marked for him. He would then breathe easier knowing we were not near criminal activity.

Heather - really enjoyed the interview with your DIL, will you be closer to them when you move?

Allie - I have never had dogs since I was married but my in-laws have always had dogs. They had a dog once that would tear the house apart every time they left it. They started leaving a radio on for the dog and as long as that was done it never touched a thing. Just an idea, might be cheaper to try than buying a crate.

Kelly - Sounds like a busy visit with your DD and Joaquin, I bet you will really enjoy the day tomorrow and that the time will go way too fast.

Karen in Virginia - Decluttering generational stuff - I am 100% there with you. I am the youngest Granddaughter on one side of the family and the only on the other. Somehow I have ended up with boxes of ancestry information. I have all of the guest books that are at funeral homes for not only my Dad, Grandparents on both sides, but also some Great Grandparents. I have all of my Great Grandparents old photos and just piles and piles of "stuff". In 2016 we moved from a 3 bedroom townhouse with a finished basement to a 2 bedroom mobile home and I was able to get rid of probably 4 truckloads of things, I find that I still have more to get rid of but that Sentimental bug hits and I'm stuck on what to do. I think that will be my Winter project, going through everything and figuring out what to do with it.

Tracey in Edmonton