plantar fasciitis and sketchers

2»

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I have several pairs of gowalks, comfortable for about a month and then the memory foam compresses

I've bought from office in 75% off sales but wouldn't pay full price with how fast they wear

Yea I love the gowalks when I first get them but as you said they wear so fast! We have a huge Sketchers store across the street and I beeline to the clearance rack,can still find some decent looking ones for $25 to $30 defo NOT worth the $60 full price tho
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Another vote for Vionics (not cheap) and Hoka One (REALLY not cheap) - these brands are the best for PF. Also, a shot to the heel.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    I have PF and got Hoka’s but didn’t like them. I do love the ASICS gel Kayanos tho. I get them in white and black and patterns. They’re the most cushioned running shoe around and were a life saver. I wait till I find them online on sale. I also have the Protalus inserts and buy them only when on sale. I can jog again, do work out classes, etc. To me, having pain free feet is priceless.
  • jlsmith4439
    jlsmith4439 Posts: 53 Member
    Thanks guys !
    Vionics has a sale on so might have to bite the bullet and order some online there no store in a 50 mike radius 😂. I don’t mind spending some money if my feet feel better . Thank you for all the info I’m glade I asked now before getting random shoes .💕
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    I bought some Pro II insoles for most of my shoes rather than buying new shoes, you can get them on Amazon (around £4-6 per pair) either as full insoles or as the heel pads with the arch support (with both normal or narrow fit), I think they are currently on offer on Groupon too, but that might just be on the Irish version. Within 3 months of using them I had a 2nd gait scan and had corrected my over-pronation and arches are much better too.

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks guys !
    Vionics has a sale on so might have to bite the bullet and order some online there no store in a 50 mike radius 😂. I don’t mind spending some money if my feet feel better . Thank you for all the info I’m glade I asked now before getting random shoes .💕

They have a 30 day money back guarantee, even if you've worn them. You can't go wrong to try them.
    https://www.vionicshoes.com/30-day-guarantee
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,515 Member
    If you have not already seen a podiatrist, I highly recommend it. I was able to get custom orthotics for my shoes which helped tremendously. Once I lost some weight, my Plantar Fasciitis actually got better so I no longer need to wear them. I used the orthotics in my regular shoes, and then in the summer wore Merrel sandals. I also did frequent foam rolling on my feet when the pain was bad that helped a lot.
  • Debster634
    Debster634 Posts: 53 Member
    I had plantar fasciitis last summer and I was recommended to get Birkenstocks. I always thought they were ugly and clunky but they really do help your feet.Make sure you buy the real ones and not the cheap knock-offs. I have a pair for inside the house and one for outside. Stretching my calf muscles by putting my feet flat on the ottoman also helped. I don't have this problem this summer, so it will go away.
  • ollieoop1015
    ollieoop1015 Posts: 5 Member
    Be careful. The sketchers I bought caused my planter fasciitid
  • tremmax
    tremmax Posts: 9 Member
    I had PF as well, and wearing Birkenstocks helped enormously. I tried acupuncture and has electro shock wave therapy, which didn’t help much. Wearing Birkenstock from the moment I woke up until I went bed was the best thing I did. I also got custom made orthotics for my running shoes as running caused the problem.
  • ollieoop1015
    ollieoop1015 Posts: 5 Member
    Sorry fasciitis
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    I find Birkenstocks and fit flops very helpful. Also, put a bottle of water in the freezer then roll it under your heel while watching TV (or reading, sewing, whatever!) very helpful. I had it a few summers ago from too much walking in very flat trainers/shoes and not enough at slight heel height (which is where fitflops help) but id did clear up after shoe changes and the ice rolling.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    I wear many brands - I have liked skechers but they do tend to compress - solution - get inserts. then you can wear what you want ;-)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Skechers always feel stiff and heavy to me, outside of the minimalist walking/casual slip on style ones. They are not an orthopedic shoe and have no special characteristics to help PF. I suspect that what alleviates your symptoms is going to be personal to you.
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    As a runner who recovered fro PF I will recommend getting a pair of superfeet insoles. They work with any athletic shoes you have
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Ditto. Orthotics
  • Carm6053
    Carm6053 Posts: 1 Member
    I bought the hoka One sneakers and they really are amazing for my plantar fasciitis! 😀