Half marathon!!

rnamy23
rnamy23 Posts: 17 Member
Finished my second half marathon today! It was a beautiful, sunny day here in Missoula, Mt and really cool to run along the river of my homerown. I felt pretty strong up until mile ten, but started to lose some gas in the final three miles ☹️ I still managed to finish a whopping 19 seconds faster than my first half last year ( same marathon) Lol 😂 Definitely was hoping to be faster, but I still need to remind myself that I’m a novice runner, and it takes time to develop distance stamina and a good understanding of pace. The good news is I’m still smiling, and excited to continue my training for another half marathon in mid September. Goals definitely help keep me consistent so I wanted to be sure to have another race lined up!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Awesome!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Whoo hoo! I’d take the 19 secs!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Great job with that - hope walking normal is part of your tomorrow!

That pacing ability will indeed come with experience.
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Well done you! I bet that feels great
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Congrats!! I'm training for my first half (Raleigh, NC) in November. I'm new to distance running, but have done several 5ks and 8ks. It's a whole different type of running!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Congratulations! 19 seconds is still a PR :)

@acbraswell I logged lots of miles in the Duke Forest when I lived in Durham. It’s a great place to run if you’re local.
  • notafatmommy
    notafatmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Congratulations! Training for my 1st in December. Did you use your Apple Watch during the run and if so did last the whole race? I am worried mine will not if I also listen to music. Sorry for the random question 😀
  • rnamy23
    rnamy23 Posts: 17 Member
    Congratulations! Training for my 1st in December. Did you use your Apple Watch during the run and if so did last the whole race? I am worried mine will not if I also listen to music. Sorry for the random question 😀

I did use my Apple Watch! I had lots of battery life left at the end of my race. I didn’t listen to music on mine, however.

I absolutely love my Apple Watch for my runs!