WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    Karen - I am also the family archivist. :o Huge boxes upon boxes of photos. I am making progress with my writings, but I just can't see what to do about the photos. I could winnow all mine of course, there must be many duplicates and poor ones, but it is a daunting task. :( At the moment I just want to finish the writing boxes so I am left with a manageable number. DH will be delighted. Good luck with all your stuff. Sentimentality is good, but curated sentimentality is better. :D
    There are apps where you can take photos of photos and get it sorted. Haven't tried it. Has anyone?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,794 Member
    Long day yesterday. Drove 1.5 hrs one way just to go to Walmart to stock up on bottled water and other supplies needed. Only to come home and find out we forgot two staples. Well Amazon Prime Day came in handy for that. Found out both we deals on prime day so got that and started Christmas shopping if you can believe it, on Amazon. Kindles were only about $24 each. I got 3 for gifts.

Still trying to post pics with not much luck. Could be internet, phone, or this website.

RV Rita in Panaca Nevada
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Thanks for all the compliments on the pictures of me, my sister, and my mom! My mom actually has more black hair than Gray. At 90 it is a struggle for her with dementia. At least she's happy! Thanks for the prayers and well wishes for my daughter as well. She still needs them! I actually am running into the cities to bring her in for her lab work to see how she is progressing. On Sunday when we stopped by she was so weak and frail looking. I'm stopping at the store to get her some healthy food.

Rebecca- praying for you to have a successful surgery and that your recovery is quick!

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota \ Arizona
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,794 Member
    Part of the Cathedral Gorge, our new campsite, and in one of the Moon Caves here at the park.

RV Rita in Cathedral Gorge State Park
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Rita wow! What an amazing time you must have had seeing those sights up close and personal!

Michelle I absolutely adore the sea horses!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Cheri Gorgeous.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    Cheri - You look so amazingly settled in! So glad you are happy there. Birdsong is wonderful. It is one thing we will sorely miss in Hove.

Snowflake - I love that pic of you. <3 The period feel is just perfect. Who is the girl in the photo on the wall?

Had a great visit with my friend. She is getting very impatient to heal. :o She is in ructions with the hospital over her aftercare and making complaints. Stitches out tomorrow and a new cast.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    Cheri - You look so amazingly settled in! So glad you are happy there. Birdsong is wonderful. It is one thing we will sorely miss in Hove.

Snowflake - I love that pic of you. <3 The period feel is just perfect. Who is the girl in the photo on the wall?

Had a great visit with my friend. She is getting very impatient to heal. :o She is in ructions with the hospital over her aftercare and making complaints. Stitches out tomorrow and a new cast.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

That is my Mom, it was a professional photo taken in a studio I think she was 4 or 5, so 1950 or 51. It was a black and white photo and my grandmother painted her dress with photo paints. I have that original photo in my collection of family items. My Mom was an only child so I also have her first shoes, a couple little dresses that she wore, her baby book. I have my Grandmothers "wedding dress" it is crushed velvet emerald green with a hat. My grandparents got married in Kingston Ontario while my Grandfather was there for boot camp before leaving to go overseas for World War 2. My grandmother rode on the train to go meet him and they were married by the army chaplain. I have the ticket stub from the train station and the receipt for the hotel they stayed in. This is how I understand exactly how hard it is to get rid of these sentimental items.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3B)
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Difference between a bad haircut and a good one is about 5 weeks. This last time Clyde cut my hair (2nd time) and I wanted it shorter in back so it would swing down to the front a little longer. Thursday is my next HC appointment.

Thanks to all for your comments on front load washer and dryers. I think I will probably stick with the top load; even if I have to get my stool to step on to get the clothes out of. I'd hate to think I would have water because of a loose seal.

LOL - I know how to keep a landlord out … after the 4 of us sharing an apartment were sure 'someone' was coming into our apartment when we were not there and setting a small trap (small piece of paper on top of the door - fell off when door opened, too small to notice). Kept up and so the next trap was a 'biggie'. I drew a 'graphic' full frontal picture of a nude male (no head); and we taped it to back wall of walk-in closet. Piece of cardboard with string running through the middle, and string tied to inside of door handle, beer cans stacked up in front of it. Door stuck, so this would take some effort to open. We come home from school and/or work and cans all out into our bedroom. So we pick up the cans and the drawing is 'gone'. About 30 minutes or a little more later we get a call from landlord demanding that the 4 of us come to her office. We get there and my Daddy and the Daddy (or sister) of my BFF were sitting there; and, she told us that she was evicting us. Daddy asked her why and she told him 'because I did not want to rent to them in the first place because they were all under 21 years old and now they are having wild drinking parties and orgies'. Yeah, RIGHT! To prove her point, she goes into the other room and brings back the rolled up drawing and hands it to my Daddy. Then she said, 'that proves it and I want them out now and you will have to pay the balance of the lease'! My Daddy calmly unrolls the drawing and looks at it, turns around and shows it to my BFF's Daddy (or sister), rolls it back up and says, 'this only proves that YOU have gone into their apartment WITHOUT their permission - for no reason other than to look through their belonging. They'll move; but, the lease was broken by you and if you try to hold them to it, we'll file a warrant for your arrest for breaking and entering. Never got that drawing back. Never even had the nerve to ask about it. Then, Daddy says, 'this proves nothing other than that the money I am paying for art school is certainly paying off'. Had to go live with my Mimi for the rest of the school year. When I went back, I had a roommate from HELLO-Kitty. I then left her with the apartment and found one of my own in an apartment complex on West Peachtree Street where all of the residents were 'old' - 60's and above. Landlord had no problem with me moving in. The residents were so nice and they would bring food over and want to see what I had been doing at school. They were not even embarrassed to see the nude drawing either. LOL!!!!

Taking a break from FB - I will check it once a week. Here, I will just be scanning over the posts so they don't get out of hand - daily. I might comment; or I might not.

Prayers for all of you in whatever you are going through. Y'all are my friends and I do not want to lost contact with you.

Have a great week!

Lenora
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Good morning ladies. We're going to my mother's 90th Birthday party today. 10 hours of driving to and from. We're having an open house to spread out visitors since she has a hard time with crowds. My daughter is still in need of prayers she is really doing poorly. The medication makes her feel awful.

<3

Thanks for all your support!

Mary from Minnesota \ Arizona
    Mary yes, you have my prayers. Watching our sick children, regardless of age, is so difficult. As mothers, we want to lift the mantle of pain and release their burden. With love in my heart. CJ