JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    Monthly Challenges:

July 1: Water :star: / Walk/Move :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 2: Water :star: / Walk :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :(
    July 3: Water :( / Walk :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :(
    July 4: Water :naughty: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 5: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :naughty:
    July 6: Water :neutral: Not as much as I wanted but not bad / Walk :naughty: but to be fair, I had PT and was pretty sore / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 7: Water :star: / Walk :star: / Mindful Eating: :star: / Planning :star:
    July 8: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 9: Missed logging
    July 10: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / mindful eating / :neutral: / Planning :star:
    July 11: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful eating :naughty: / Planning :star:
    July 12: Water :star: / Walk :star: not an actual walk, but I did make conscious effort to get up from my desk and move more than normal. Less Sitting. / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 13: Water :naughty: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :naughty: / Planning :naughty:
    July 14: Water: ⭐ / Walk ⭐ / Mindful Eating ⭐ Planning :naughty:
    July 15: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 16: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 17: Water :star: / Walk / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:

I didn't get on here to make goals for today because my doctor appointment went longer than I planned and then just plain got behind at work. BUT, I did do the monthly challenges above (except walking). I really cannot do the walking right now. Spine doctor confirmed that today. She had me cancel my physical therapy appointment for tomorrow also. I am having an MRI of spine done tomorrow early in the morning. And another MRI on Thursday of my hip. Then we see what we are looking at. Could be two separate surgeries. Hoping they are wrong and it's something easily fixed with an injection or two!

So, I was thinking, since I cannot do the actual walking outside for 15 minutes (May monthly challenge), I will substitute walking with "Self Care" for now until my hip and back are better. I'll challenge myself with finding 15 minutes to do something like listen to a podcast, read, meditate, write, etc.

@Snowflake1968 HUGS to you! You've had a rough go of it and I'm glad you're here with us and that you found your way!

@Bex953172 When I write in my gratitude journal, I'm not actually thanking anyone. I'm just listing things that I'm grateful for that day. It makes makes me focus on the happy or good things in life, big and small. I can't focus on negatives if I'm thinking about what I'm grateful for. That's how I approach it anyway. It's not for everyone, I know. I'm just sharing what works for me! We are all different! :heart:

Be the change you wish to see in the world
    2018 Theme: Persistence and Determination

I hope they find out the causes quickly from your MRI's and you are able to get fixed quick!
  • Snowflake1968
    edited July 2018
    mytime6630 wrote: »

I have not had to go back on my medication, my husband and I are happier than we have been in years and I am truly happy with my life. (Except for being forced to be a salesperson) I am grateful my friend made me make a promise to her that I feel has helped me tremendously. I am also grateful that I found this group on MFP it has helped so much more than just my weight and "diet" it has helped my mental well being.

I know I wrote a novel, instead of just a little answer, but I am one that learns from others and I believe that without sharing your story how can anyone else truly understand you and where you came from. Learn from others experiences is how I have always lived and I feel that is how I best help others.

Wow - you have been through a lot! I am so so proud of how far you have come, and so happy to hear you and hubby are also much happier! This is why I love this group so much..... it is not just about losing weight and getting to a magic number. It is about changing our lives ... which you have done!

There is a saying that we are never given more than we can handle. Sometimes I want to just scream and say I can't handle anymore!! But I also believe that the more we are given ... the stronger we can become. And when we look back.... at all that we have been through ..... and we came out even stronger, having learned so much more. THis is what you have done! So proud of you, and so happy you are part of this fantastic group of people!

Thank you - I want to scream at that saying too when I'm in the thick of things and hear it, BUT look at us we have handled it and I'm sure will have the strength to handle anything else that comes our way! There was a quote or meme or something I saw one time that said, "Women are like tea bags, you never know how strong one is until you put them in hot water". This is so true!
  • Snowflake1968
    Anyway!

JFT, 7/17/18

1. Up at 630😄 Got up then went back to sleep
    2. Coffee/quiet time😊 Right between waking up and going back to sleep. Lol
    3. Yoga!!!😑 I'll say it again... Went back to sleep
    4. Work 815-515😅 Had a crappy hour and a half but the beginning was good and so was the ending
    5. Pick up library books!!!!😁 One of them I don't think I am going to read though so I think I'll return it tomorrow and get another one
    6. Get gas😥 Totally forgot ths morning and there were TORRENTIAL rain and storms on my way home
    7. Dinner(Taco turkey and rice)/Dishes!😒/😫 Took me a half an hour to get home to find my DH eating leftovers. So I just had some of that and called it a night. Lol
    8. DH time😎 Just hung out on the couch together. I read. He played video games and watched baseball
    9. Kitchen closed by 9😁 Way before. I had my last beer at like 8 and got really sick to my stomach
    10. Shower/face/teeth☺
    11. Tech off by 10:30😑10:26 atm. Going to make a quick post and sign off
    12. Lights off by 11😎 Maybe.

The morning was good. The beginning of the afternoon sucked. The evening was good. Lol. Not feeling well and super tired so going to bed. I think I am going to start a gratitude journal for when I feel stupid so that I can get out of my head and focus on the positive. I have found that when I stay busy at work doing mundane things I am less likely to feel bad about myself. I think I'll need to start doing more of that sort of thing.

JFT, 7-18-18

1. Log all food
    2. Up at 630
    3. Quiet time
    4. Yoga
    5. Weigh myself
    6. Bring clothes to change into
    7. Work 815-515(maybe leave early)
    8. D's house
    9. Home by 10
    10. Bed by 12

I hope everyone has a great night!

I think that is an excellent idea, sometimes we are our own worse enemy. It helps when we remind ourselves where we are and what we have accomplished.
  • Snowflake1968

jeschepp wrote: »
    Looooongest day ever! Something must be in the air, it looks like a few of us had a chaotic day! I did better today with balance and healthy eating, was able to get myself back on track. Definitely was jonesing for some fast food but-nope-stayed on track with meal planning.
    @Snowflake1968 I just wanted to say kudos for sharing about your mental health. I'm pretty open about my struggles with depression and anxiety, and it's really nice to know I'm not alone. Living with mental health takes a TON of strength, so I salute you :)

For today:
    House chores ✅
    Do maximum pushups able ✅-1 full, 3 modified
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    1 hour TV maximum ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups ✅
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅-much more reasonable today!
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Enjoy evening with friends in town
    Make healthy choices eating out
    Do maximum pushups able
    30 minutes exercise (not sure how feasible this will be?)
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

Thank you - the first time I was ever depressed I never realized it. It was after my youngest was born, I still don't remember much about her first couple of years. I didn't realize it until she was 4 and I was coming out the other side of it. The next time was when my Dad passed, it took a few months to realize it, but then I went and got help. When I went off the medication on my own accord I don't think I was quite as healthy as I thought I was, so when stress started building I sunk fast. My depression comes out as anger more than anything, my Boss had to ask me what was going on. I was very fortunate that he had known me and been a friend for 12 years so he was comfortable enough to sit me down and have that talk. Unfortunately, my husband was going through something as well so he wasn't as tuned in as he might have been. I also never shared with my Husband for a while, I was very quiet around home. My boss sitting me down made me know that I needed help again.

There is a lot of depression and anxiety in my family, on both sides. No one ever talked about it though. I think that is as important to know as heart disease, diabetes, etc.
  • Snowflake1968
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile: One extra yoghurt but these are tiny
    - 3 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Stop work by 7.45pm :/ 8.30!!! Will have to do fewer hours later in the week...
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book :smile:
    - Finish reading article :smile:
    - Get tested on verbs :smile:
    - French conversation with boyfriend :smiley:
    - Get speech ready :/ Didn't have time along with everything else!

Today I have a French assessment - it's what I've been doing all my French in aid of, over the last couple of months! Hopefully it will go well. It's to see whether I am good enough to do an exam course where I would end up with an internationally recognised qualification. Cross fingers!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Prepare for test
    - Get speech ready
    - Relax!

Good luck on your exam! I am always in awe of anyone that can speak a second language.
  • Snowflake1968
    It's 7:27 in the morning here. I've been up since 7. I can't begin to tell you how much I would love to go back to sleep for another 10 minutes or so! Lol. Even if it's just to cuddle with the DH. But I know that if I do I will have a seriously hard time getting up again. So I figured I'd pop on here and post.

I cant prelog dinner tonight since I am eating over D's and have no idea what's for dinner. I will ask later in the day but this early in the morning seems a little rude. Lol. I'm going to see if I can get out of work early. If I can, I think I will do my yoga then. I really want to do it but getting up at 630 is getting harder and harder. I think maybe I need to start going to bed earlier or not spending so much time sitting on the couch when I do get up. Lol. I think I'll have to switch my schedule around. Maybe do yoga first and then quiet time...IDK. I know that I am really missing it. There's a yoga studio near my work that I would love to go to but we have different things we want to do with our money first before I can start going so I guess it's Yoga With Adriene youtube videos for now! Lol.

We had torrential downpours and severe thunderstorms as I was leaving work last night. It took me a half an hour to get home when it usually takes me about 10. The streets in downtown were so flooded that my car probably hates me now. Lol. But the weather is supposed to be gorgeous the next few days. Low to mid 80's with very little humidity. But of course Sunday, the day the DH and I were going to go to the zoo, it's supposed to storm again with high heat and humidity! So that nixes those plans. We've been talking about it for a week now! :'( I guess we'll find something different to do. Saturday is supposed to be gorgeous though. Downtown is having a summer in the streets fair/festival kind of thing. I'm helping my mom set up her booth and then spending a few hours working at my bank's booth. I'll be getting paid time off for that. Too bad I won't be able to use it for a while. LK is leaving next week so it'll be me and LM until our RVP decides to hire someone. Problem is, he hasn't even started interviews or anything. It drives us crazy how he does this! Our bank is so short-staffed it's insane. I feel like every month we lose 2 peoples!

Anyway, thank you for listening to me ramble! It's probably time for me to start getting ready. Lol

If your weather forecast is anything like ours, it will change 10 times between now and Sunday, you still might be able to make it :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap T 7/17 ~ Yay!!! Humidity has finally dropped to pleasant (dew point in low 50s) + windows once again open.
    1) Walked dog before work on beautiful morning / 3.6 mi 1:01:23 / saw cranes in fallow field & 1 bunny / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green & monitor usual = Net calories 17, sodium green (yay), fiber & protein excellent, sugar -41 (Siggi's yogurt, fruits, veggies, M&Ms (see below)) & 14c water ~ stuck w/ my prelogged food & had enough NC for 12 peanut M&Ms ~ yes, I counted them out, put the jar away & didn't eat more ~ huge NSV for me! :smiley:
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,786 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 (lost track of time at work) & 37 floors :smiley:
    4) Evening: mail niece's bday card :smiley: / boil eggs :smiley: / at least 2 to-do's (see #5 7/16 goals) ~ finally, washed dishes / took out compost bucket / hung up clean clothes / updated finiancial review doc for advisor except for info I need to look elsewhere for :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: 9:15 / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :neutral: 10:25 (walk dog W before work)

JFT W 7/18 ~ loving the lower humidity & heat & windows open ~ great day to walk dog before work
    1) Walked dog 3.27 mi 1:00:23 / stretched (a little) = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green & monitor usual
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / pace during 1hr webinar
    4) Evening: finish financial review doc after get info from hubby / city band concert 7:30 / prep veggie snack for R / 1 more to-do
    5) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog R before work)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY (Tuesday 7/17/18)
    1) Log all my food :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke :)
    5) Complete Day 11 in my new Beck Diet Solutions :)
    6) Laundry :)
    7) Go to the gym :)
    8) Complete 6 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Wednesday 7/18/18)
    1) Log all my food
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke
    5) Complete Day 12 in my new Beck Diet Solutions
    6) Go to the gym
    7) Clean the house
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    [quote="junodog1

JFT Monday
    ✅Stick to the food plan
    ✅Stay in the green for calories
    ✅Plan the net two day's meals
    ✅10K Steps
    ✅Search for shoe in Prime Day
    ✅Search for a standing desktop in Prime Day
    ✅Vacuum something (I like vacuuming) [/quote]

Did not get to the forum to post yesterday. It was the biweekly busy day at work as payroll went to bed. But my Monday turned out to not be bad based on those green checks. I did order some badly needed new shoes, a standing desk and a runner rug for the bathroom. We are hoping with a long rug we will can put off re-tiling the floor for a while. That is just not on our project chart yet, but the original tiles that are in there have broken quite a bit. I don't think they are appropriate for walking on as they are on the shower wall, but that is what the builder put in 24 years ago.

Yesterday was a pretty good day; paid 30,000 people again. People either love us or hate us. o:)>:)

This last weekend we were goat wranglers. We found three little goats wandering on our road. Had to round them up with the help of one neighbor who was kind enough to throw them in his 'backyard.' He is younger then us so was able to quickly grab the goats. He was literally throwing themselves on them and just holding on without a care for the horns. They looked a lot like this:
    mk0zht6yb0ar.jpg
    except they were mostly white and the whole horn thing!
    Anyhow the goats were detained on Saturday. We posted on the local Facebook and asked the people in the neighbor who had goats. No idea where they came from. Finally yesterday there was sign posted for missing goats and their owner was able to come pick them up. Goodbye to the cuteness.

Just For Today - HUMP DAY!
    • Stick to the foodplan
    • Stay in the green on calories
    • Plan meals thru ... Sunday?
    • 10K steps
    • Work on the shower - deep clean another section
    • Fix the shower head leak
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Tonight as I was “dancing” a senior lady came out of the lobby, waving her arms at me and joining me in my dance. She smiled the biggest smile at me and said, “ you damn well might as well enjoy it because exercising sucks.” She made my whole day!

I am off for a bit to go get my haircut. My daughter is doing the cut she wasn't able to do the day she coloured it. I'm hoping it's still long enough to put up for my exercising, so we'll have that chat :)

This is so cute! You probably made this seniors lady day also ... just watching you enjoying your excercising! And your daughter is beautiful! Great job on the little guys haircolor! This seems to be the style these days ... the camoflage look. THere is a girl that comes in the gym with lavender/pink hair ... but I have to say, it is beautiful!
    Post a picture when you get your haircut! You're a new you! And congrats on the weight loss!!!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    I passed my French assessment! :):):)

Now I just have to make sure I don't forget everything I learned / revised before my course starts in October :D
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Looooongest day ever! Something must be in the air, it looks like a few of us had a chaotic day! I did better today with balance and healthy eating, was able to get myself back on track. Definitely was jonesing for some fast food but-nope-stayed on track with meal planning.
    @Snowflake1968 I just wanted to say kudos for sharing about your mental health. I'm pretty open about my struggles with depression and anxiety, and it's really nice to know I'm not alone. Living with mental health takes a TON of strength, so I salute you :)

For today:
    House chores ✅
    Do maximum pushups able ✅-1 full, 3 modified
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    1 hour TV maximum ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups ✅
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅-much more reasonable today!
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Enjoy evening with friends in town
    Make healthy choices eating out
    Do maximum pushups able
    30 minutes exercise (not sure how feasible this will be?)
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

Thank you - the first time I was ever depressed I never realized it. It was after my youngest was born, I still don't remember much about her first couple of years. I didn't realize it until she was 4 and I was coming out the other side of it. The next time was when my Dad passed, it took a few months to realize it, but then I went and got help. When I went off the medication on my own accord I don't think I was quite as healthy as I thought I was, so when stress started building I sunk fast. My depression comes out as anger more than anything, my Boss had to ask me what was going on. I was very fortunate that he had known me and been a friend for 12 years so he was comfortable enough to sit me down and have that talk. Unfortunately, my husband was going through something as well so he wasn't as tuned in as he might have been. I also never shared with my Husband for a while, I was very quiet around home. My boss sitting me down made me know that I needed help again.

There is a lot of depression and anxiety in my family, on both sides. No one ever talked about it though. I think that is as important to know as heart disease, diabetes, etc.

I never had it before kids either.
    It started when I was pregnant with my first. I put it down to hormones but leaving it untreated left me extremely poorly when she was born.

Weirdly enough I don't remember much of her early years either. Even some pictures I have to look at just to remember what she looked like as a baby!

At first was very zoned out, always in bed, like the lights are on but no ones home kind of thing lol. Caused a lot of arguments. My brain just switched off to protect itself and I just didn't even respond.
    Nowadays it manifests in anger, fed up of feeling this way and it just annoys me lol
    I'm. Definitely in a much better place than I was and deal with it much better :)

I agree, mental health should deffo be discussed in families x
  • Snowflake1968
    This is my haircut. She curled it today since it’s humid it would have curled anyway.kpkvprbv7yxi.jpeg
    s8cr5ece06hk.jpeg
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    This is my haircut. She curled it today since it’s humid it would have curled anyway.kpkvprbv7yxi.jpeg
    s8cr5ece06hk.jpeg

Oooo it's lovely! I love the colour
    It's almost like my natural colour!

When I got my hair done the other day he told me not to dye my hair because everyone's asking for my colour...
    I have 2 boxes of black in my drawer and now I don't know what to do 😂
  • Snowflake1968
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    s8cr5ece06hk.jpeg

Oooo it's lovely! I love the colour
    It's almost like my natural colour!

When I got my hair done the other day he told me not to dye my hair because everyone's asking for my colour...
    I have 2 boxes of black in my drawer and now I don't know what to do 😂

Thanks @Bex953172 she coloured it two weeks ago, but this is the closest it's been to my natural colour in around 30 years. I am quite enjoying it.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    s8cr5ece06hk.jpeg

Oh my word! That looks great on you and wow! you look years younger!! Your hubs is gonna be chasing you around the house!

• toaljasa
    edited July 2018
    Today is I am Wonderful Wednesday! I know this is late so we will extend into Thursday if we need to do so.

We all have imperfections. We all make mistakes. We all have areas that we should work on. And for many of us it appears we need to work on closing the doors to our minds when negative arrows are shot in it...either from our own thinking or from others.

Here's what I want to encourage us to do. When you hear or think a negative about yourself get rid of it. But don't leave a void---replace it with the truth. EX: I am so stupid. No! I am NOT! I have been born with a brain that works well. I can carry on two conversations. I can work numbers. I can create. I write well. I am a good conversationalist.

I am never going to lose weight. Stop! Get rid of it! Instead, I am making progress toward my goal. Just for today, I am going to be tenacious. I am gaining good health!

Got it??!! Let's get rid of this stinkin' kind of thinkin'! We are our own bully. We tear ourselves down. We let other people tear us down. You are wonderfully made!

So scroll down and find the last I am Wonderful post. Add your name to the list. Put down an attribute that makes you wonderful, unique, that makes you, you! Be sure to put your name beside it.

This is just like the last one we did :smiley:
    NOTE: I went back and found the first lovely list. If you participated in that one find your name and add to it! If you are starting up then add to the bottom of the list!

• toaljasa
    edited July 2018
    I am Wonderfully Made!
    0cmaz2mbkj6x.png

The JFT Lovely List

Toaljasa: I am good at teaching.
    I am a good organizer.
    Bex953172: I am good at making people laugh :)
    AJB 1014: I am good at listening
    Snowflake68: I am incredibly patient with others.
    Faebert: I am good at making cakes 🍰
    HGSmith0920: I am a great lover of people
    nickssweetheart: I am a very good writer.
    monstersweetsbyallison: I can be a full time stay at home mom and help my husband run our farms at the same time.
    jeschepp: I am good at seeing the potential in others, including myself
    mytime6630 -I love to sew and give hand sewn items to those less fortunate - mostly chemo hats and quilts.