Dkay OMAD progress

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    <3
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Happy you are recovering. <3 I know I gained quite a bit of water weight post-surgery due to inflammation, so be mindful of that when you step on the scale!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    That is a great reminder @brittdee88 I did end up weighing over the weekend and was at 176 which is a bit less than when I went on vacation. I have had to up my beef intake because my energy has been so low and the dr. requested I up my red meat intake. While I like all things red meat, eating it every day is a bit much, and I am sure it has hampered my weight loss, but now, I need to focus on energy. Work frowns on napping :) LOL.....
    Hoping to get back on track this week, although I have to start PT Wednesday ----not looking forward to that at all.

Happy Monday!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    /hugs
  • Brendalea69
    I hope PT isnt too painful <3
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I hope PT goes well!
    Echoing Rob with hugs!
  • KatsNewYear
    KatsNewYear Posts: 47 Member
    Wishing you best on your PT.
  • dkayingram
    Hi OMAD friends,

I survived my first week of PT, go back tomorrow for another torture session :) right now I am at once a week because I am still in a sling for a couple of more weeks, after that it will get more intense (sadly). I am just ready for this to be over with. I have pretty much stuck with OMAD with an occasional 2MAD days here and there, those are mostly when I end up working from home, somehow I am more tempted being home than at work.
    I am going to buckle back down now though and try to shed these last pounds. My weight is still at 176 and my goal is 150 so I am ready for these 26 pounds to be gone once and for all. My starting weight early last year before committing to OMAD was 215 so I have come a long way - but all I can see now is that I still have a ways to go.

• ericalillykristene
    ericalillykristene Posts: 26 Member
    Adding fellow Omad friends as I’m new 72 hours :)
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Welcome Erica, glad to have you here
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Wow..215 down to 176!!! Congrats! You are amazing! I just started OMAD, on Week 3 now..weight is going down slowly but am loving OMAD-ing.
  • dkayingram
    @jadepearl glad you joined the group! 6lbs in 3 weeks is great! Keep it up - you will totally get there - trust the process and don't fret if you have a mishap - just keep going. If you read the blogs here, we all have had starts/stops throughout our journeys!
  • jadepearl
    Thank you dkayingram for your encouragement! :) I am thankful to have found this group and I do read the blogs and loving it. Have a wonderful day :)
  • Brendalea69
    I hope you're healing well o:)
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Glad your back !
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    I hope you're healing well o:)

Same.

• dkayingram
    Hey OMADers,

Hope everyone is well. I have been surviving PT. The best news is the sling comes off tomorrow and I am so excited to finally be able to have two arms again! I still have a couple of months of PT but I can deal with that.

I will weigh in on Saturday - I haven't been motivated to do it recently but I have stayed focused so hopefully by the end of the week some good results will show up.

• jadepearl
    That's great news! :) Good luck with your weigh-in. I am weighing in on Sat too. Take care!
  • dkayingram
    Hi everyone,
    My eating has been all over the place due to life! I haven't weighed in a few weeks and if I am being honest with everyone, I am really scared to step on the scales to see how much damage I have done. It is a combo of too much food, not always following OMAD and multiple other excuses that I can find.
    Bottom line, is that I am going to join with @tlblanks1 for the next 100 days ending on my birthday 11-23. I don't really have a set goal for this 100 days, but it would be nice to drop 20 from wherever I am starting at.
    I promise to have the courage to weigh on Saturday and will post next week.

The struggle is real!
  • Brendalea69
    Yes the struggle is real <3