JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    This is my haircut. She curled it today since it’s humid it would have curled anyway.kpkvprbv7yxi.jpeg
    s8cr5ece06hk.jpeg

Oh my word! That looks great on you and wow! you look years younger!! Your hubs is gonna be chasing you around the house!

Thank you so much. He might if it wasn't so hot LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Wed
    1. log all food :) Subway sandwiches today
    2. april challenge - water :)
    3. may challenge - 15 minute walk :/ - but did get to the gym. Tonite was with a friend .... walking around Kohls store.
    4. june challenge - mindful eating :)
    5. july challenge - plan ahead :/ Had subway instead of what I had planned (told you hubby hates pork chops!)
    6. get back on here .. be accountable :)

JFT, THus
    1. clean house - son is coming to visit on saturday
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water, mindful eating
    4. work on pc boards - need to finish these up
    5. get back on here tomorrow

What is it with men and pork chops? My husband and brother both don't like them. My brother was so bad, he didn't even want them cooked in the house. My SIL has set him straight on that one LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Faebert wrote: »
    Got home too late last night to post so quick catch up this morning...
    @slittlemeister - congratulations! Great news re your exam.
    @snowflake1968 - love the hair!! Your daughter is very talented!

Hugs and cheers to everyone else I’ve missed.

I did well yesterday managing to stay within goal despite the meal out. Got to bed too late though so struggling this morning and dreading my workout a little bit...

Recap Goals for Wednesday
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack yoga gear and outfit for meal out afterwards ✅
    - Send back dress ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅
    - July challenge (out for dinner at a restaurant that changes its menu daily so can’t prelog. Will make sensible choices and eat light through the rest of the day) ✅
    - Leavers card and donation ✅
    - Avoid leavers lunch ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Dinner then early night - late one!

Goals for Thursday
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - July challenge
    - Cards and gifts for colleagues and kids
    - leave on time to buy cat stuff
    - Go pick up the girls and drop off cat
    - Pack!
    - Early night

Thank you, you are doing so well at meeting all of your goals even when you are busy and tired. That's something to be proud of.
  • Snowflake1968
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Had a long day, so this will be short. Wishing I could comment on all the amazing stories of progress and honesty! Stayed up late catching up with old friends but it was well worth it. Laughed so hard and had a blast. Also I got a fitbit with the Prime Day deals, so I'll probably be posting about how that is working. Any tips welcome!

For tomorrow:
    Enjoy evening with friends in town ✅ ✅ ✅
    Make healthy choices eating out ✅
    Do maximum pushups able-missed
    30 minutes exercise (not sure how feasible this will be?)- we did some walking, but wasn't able to make 30
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups ✅
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz.-first day in almost two months I missed :(
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Learn about my fitbit
    Be kind to yourself, you've had low sleep!
    Do maximum pushups able
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

You managed a lot of your goals and had a fun night, what a win! As for Fitbit, I had one for almost a year and loved it. I found the challenge of it really helped me. Unfortunately, I developed an allergy to the band and couldn't wear it anymore. I am hoping to get a Leaf in the next few months. It goes on a necklace or bracelet, but it's not rubbery which is what I have the allergy to.
  • Snowflake1968
    Congrats @slittlemeister!

You do look lovely @Snowflake1968. I especially love the way she curled it in back. That's how I WISH my hair would look. I also think her first client, Jonah, looked adorable with his magenta and blue hair!

I loved it too, she is enjoying her course. After I left yesterday her whole class went to an event where they styled young mom's hair. She said it was awesome. I saw Jonah's last night in person, he is so proud of the fact that Auntie did his hair. He has plans for his next cut already LOL
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Snowflake1968 - you're glowing!

@HGSmith0920 - Hugs! I always say "you can't pick who you work with" to remind myself I just have to bare them for a few hours! You are so many things and stupid is definitely not one of them!

@PackerFanInGB - Hoping you find some answers and relief for your pain <3

@slittlemeister - Congrats!

Busy day yesterday and didnt get around to my goals first thing in the morning! Back to it today!

JFT Tuesday Recap
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Drink 3 waters before 12 >:)
    3. Cook dinner at home :)
    4. Be kind :)
    5. 10 squats/bathroom trip :| Hmmm...need to think of ways to imrpove this or move more in other ways that I can stick to
    6. Call in RX to CVS >:)
    7. Bring home air matress :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Be kind
    6. 10 wall push ups/bathroom trip
    7. Call in RX to CVS
    8. Lunch outside
    9. Dog walk
  • Snowflake1968
    Just for Thursday:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal. :smile:
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water before having a soda. :neutral: I got my 8 glasses in, but I sneaked in a ginger lime diet coke. It was out of curiosity, as I'd never had one. It was good but I was hoping for more ginger flavor.
    3. Physical therapy morning and evening. :smile:
    4. Yoga! I have slacked on the activity since starting work. :smile:
    5. Laundry. :smile:
    6. Recycle glass. :neutral: Did not leave early enough to get this done.
    7. Duolingo French practice :smile:
    8. Review sale ads, menu plan for the week, and prelog. :) I am excited for my meals this week! I'll be making Ethiopian lentils and split peas with injera bread (purchased injera bread because I am not a wizard), noodle cabbage slaw with spicy peanut soy dressing, red pepper gazpacho, thai green curry, and blueberry pancakes.
    9. Kitchen closed, brush teeth, and in bed by 1 am. :) I'm actually typing this from my bed, lol.

Just for Friday:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal.
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water before having a soda.
    3. Physical therapy morning and evening.
    4. Recycle glass!
    5. Kitchen closed, brush teeth, and in bed by 1 am.

Do you work afternoons/evenings? I would die if I stayed up until 1 and had to be at work in the morning now. I used to do it when I was in my 20's but suffer now if I'm up past 11 LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    6am, woken up by the kids again. Really need to go to sleep earlier because I feel like I've been hit by a train.
    I forgot to fully close the girls window last night and Casey is right below it and her little legs were so cold!
    So just had her lay on me but tucked in my dressing gown with me, nice and warm now lol.

Eugh my eyes are drooping I'm so tired but it's nursery day and have to get Saskia ready. Normally I'll give them breakfast stick the telly on and have a sofa nap. But not today.

Also got physio assessment today so see how that goes. I'm so so so so so so so tired.

If we lived closer, I would just come cuddle and play with the girls so you could have a long sleep. I was so fortunate to have that when my girls were little if I needed it that I like to do it for others when I can.

Hopefully you can get a little doze in here and there and get a great sleep tonight.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Wowie zowie ~ 21 new posts since yesterday evening!

Recap W 7/18 ~ loving the lower humidity & heat & windows open ~ great day to walk dog before work
    1) Walked dog 3.27 mi 1:00:23 / stretched (a little) = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green & monitor usual = Net calories -24, sodium -400, sugar-28 (strawberry banana smoothie, popeye bread, fruit, veggies, Siggi's yogurt), fiber good, protein ok, 11c water :smiley:
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / pace during 1hr webinar = Fitbit 15,779 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 44 floors :smiley:
    4) Evening: finish financial review doc after get info from hubby :smiley: / city band concert 7:30 :smiley: sat with friends & another unexpectedly joined :smiley: / prep veggie snack for R : no need ~ didn't eat W afternoon snack / 1 more to-do :D putzy stuff
    5) Unplug 9:30 :smiley: / floss :smiley: didn't want to but did it / retainers :smiley: ditto / bed & TV off 10:15 :( 11:00 (walk dog R before work)

JFT R 7/19 Sticking w/ plan & weekend gain gone ~ yay!
    1) Walked dog before work & saw cranes again / 3.35 mi 1:00:20 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green & monitor usual
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    4) Evening: try different farmers market (will miss Sat.) / grocery shop / mail doc to advisor / prep veggie for F snack / 1-2 to-do's
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 ~ I really need more sleep! F 6:30 a.m. alarm ~ rest day = sad dog
  • Snowflake1968
    Thanks everyone for the congratulations re French assessment :smile: Feels great to get that done with.

Diet went out of the window a bit yesterday as:
    - Decided to go out for dinner to celebrate. Had pizza and wine
    - Had actually had some cake and crisps before assessment to 'make sure I was properly energised and alert'. I think this probably has to be the worst excuse ever!!! :D

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :/
    - Stick to food plan :/
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :/
    - Prepare for test :smile:
    - Get speech ready :smile:
    - Relax! :smile:

Today I will not treat my stomach like a dustbin.

It will be another big day. Big scary work deadline at 4pm that I'm totally not prepared for, then this evening I'm giving a speech to a fairly big audience. I expect it to be pretty controversial and am expecting to have lots of argument/potentially negativity in the debate following. So am a bit nervous. But it is on something I feel very strongly about, so it's worth it.

Going to be a tough day! Definitely not a day to promise no alcohol. After the speech tonight I'll need it - either for celebrating or sorrow drowning!

Looking forward to the weekend when I can rest... After that, I am going to STOP taking on so much!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3 bottles water

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Duolingo, French book
    - Be awesome!

Good luck at your speech. That is one of my biggest fears!
  • Snowflake1968
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 - you're glowing!

@HGSmith0920 - Hugs! I always say "you can't pick who you work with" to remind myself I just have to bare them for a few hours! You are so many things and stupid is definitely not one of them!

@PackerFanInGB - Hoping you find some answers and relief for your pain <3

Busy day yesterday and didnt get around to my goals first thing in the morning! Back to it today!

JFT Tuesday Recap
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Drink 3 waters before 12 >:)
    3. Cook dinner at home :)
    4. Be kind :)
    5. 10 squats/bathroom trip :| Hmmm...need to think of ways to imrpove this or move more in other ways that I can stick to
    6. Call in RX to CVS >:)
    7. Bring home air matress :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Be kind
    6. 10 wall push ups/bathroom trip
    7. Call in RX to CVS
    8. Lunch outside
    9. Dog walk

I was doing 10 somethings every hour while at work a couple months ago. I too have let that drop off, maybe I need to add that back into my goals for when I'm at my desk.

• Snowflake1968
    JFT - Wednesday July 18
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green by 150 - :) I had almost 300 left last night. I think the heat is affecting my appetite. I'm not very hungry
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Walk or Swim? - :) Walked 5.54 kms in 1:08 - it was so hot again last night and hardly a breeze. I talked to a friend while I walked.
    Get haircut - :)
    Work on Code of Conduct - :)
    Route a sales drive - :| Doing this now because I have to go out today on the road

JFT - Thursday July 19
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Walk or Swim? - I haven't been swimming except once since my lessons ended. I was planning on doing another round of lessons starting next week, but the time went too fast and I didn't register.
    Work on Code of Conduct - make some calls for regulations
    Get out and sell

It has been hot here the last few days, it's crazy weather we have had this summer, it is hot, hot, hot then cools off so much the furnace kicks in for a day then hot again.

Yesterday I just didn't know what to make for supper and it was Grandkid Wednesday. I had texted Lauryn to ask if she had any suggestions, she reminded me that she looks forward to Wednesday and Sunday so she doesn't have to make that decision LOL So I asked her to ask Jonah. Jonah suggested pizza, mini pizza or subs. We went with subs less oven time. I have learned that I feel better with less bread in my life, so I had a sandwich instead.

Michaela ate a bit, but I think the heat is getting to her she didn't seem too interested. As soon as everyone else was done, she pushed her plate away and said "ice cream, treat" We allowed it, just because it was so hot. She didn't even finish her ice cream and wanted her bath that she insists on having at my house. She played in the tub then we got out, we went outside for a little bit and came back in. She just wasn't happy.

Her and I alone decided to go for a little walk around our neighbourhood. I love walking with children, they see so much that we take for granted. She pointed out some flowers, asked "what's that" 10000 times, then she heard some birds. She asked what that was and I said just birds singing. She says "birds, sing, la la la".

After they left I changed and put my shoes on for my walk, I then sat on the couch for about 40 minutes before I got up the gumption to go. I really had to push myself to do it last night, but as usual I'm glad I persevered.

Weight was up a little bit today compared to yesterday, I'm sure it was the handful of chips I had with supper last night. I also think the heat has me retaining water, my rings are a bit tight.

Tomorrow is our big fair kick off - I am debating taking the morning off and taking the Grands to the parade. Lauryn has to work so she can't take them. I haven't seen the parade in years so it might be fun. If I don't check in in the morning you'll know I went LOL
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY (Wednesday 7/18/18)
    1) Log all my food :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke :)
    5) Complete Day 12 in my new Beck Diet Solutions :/
    6) Go to the gym :)
    7) Clean the house :)

JFT (Thursday 7/19/18)
    1) Log all my food
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke
    5) Go to the gym
    6) Complete 3 orders from my shop
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Just for Thursday:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal. :smile:
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water before having a soda. :neutral: I got my 8 glasses in, but I sneaked in a ginger lime diet coke. It was out of curiosity, as I'd never had one. It was good but I was hoping for more ginger flavor.
    3. Physical therapy morning and evening. :smile:
    4. Yoga! I have slacked on the activity since starting work. :smile:
    5. Laundry. :smile:
    6. Recycle glass. :neutral: Did not leave early enough to get this done.
    7. Duolingo French practice :smile:
    8. Review sale ads, menu plan for the week, and prelog. :) I am excited for my meals this week! I'll be making Ethiopian lentils and split peas with injera bread (purchased injera bread because I am not a wizard), noodle cabbage slaw with spicy peanut soy dressing, red pepper gazpacho, thai green curry, and blueberry pancakes.
    9. Kitchen closed, brush teeth, and in bed by 1 am. :) I'm actually typing this from my bed, lol.

Just for Friday:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal.
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water before having a soda.
    3. Physical therapy morning and evening.
    4. Recycle glass!
    5. Kitchen closed, brush teeth, and in bed by 1 am.

Do you work afternoons/evenings? I would die if I stayed up until 1 and had to be at work in the morning now. I used to do it when I was in my 20's but suffer now if I'm up past 11 LOL

I do right now! Training is from 5 to 10:30 pm. Then I will be mostly working afternoons and early evenings, I think, but I put open availability and someone is always in the office so it could be any time.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Just For Today - HUMP DAY!
    ✅ Stick to the foodplan
    ✅ Stay in the green on calories
    ✅ Plan meals thru ... Sunday? only thru today - but it's planned!
    ✅ 10K steps
    ❌ Work on the shower - deep clean another section
    ❌ Fix the shower head leak

Well my JFT task list went to heck but it did not feel like a bad day as it was full. I went to work early as my early shift co-manager is on vacation for 2 1/2 weeks in Cambodia (her home country,) left work about 1830 and on the way home I talked with my son and my mom. Usually the drive home is my decompression time, and yesterday was very busy at work so when I got home I went upstairs to be quiet for about a half hour. Came down and had to do the barn chores, then fix dinner (according to plan.) We ate and watched a Soprano episode, cleaned up, got out tomorrows food to thaw, then I needed a long walk to get my step count up and by the time I got back it was late and time to get ready to go through the pre-bed routine: walk the dog; check/treat the horses; give the cat snacks; put stuff away. Some days just sneak by you. Of course down here in the south we are notorious for doing everything slow. It is the 6 months of hot, languid summer days.

I read some posts and remember how it was with children. I almost feel bad about posting that I went and did something quiet for 30 minutes. That was almost never a thing in the old days. @Bex953172 I am so happy for you - that you are able to stay home and raise your children. That was never an option as I am the primary breadwinner.

@Snowflake1968 - Great look! She did a nice. But she had such a great place to start.

@slittlemeister - Félicitations!

and @PackerFanInGB - Such good work studying and passing those exams! Awesome!

Just For Today - Thursday
    • Stick to the foodplan
    • Stay in the green on calories
    • Plan next days meal
    • 10K steps
    • Prep for meeting with foundation repair company
    • Contact Congressman's office about missing tax refund
  • nickssweetheart
    edited July 2018
    allangirl wrote: »
    I will not eat a candy bar from the junk drawer at work. I will choose my snap peas or water.

Yum! Snap peas are delicious!! Great planning!!

My new workplace is so generous, it makes me really, really glad I'm a vegan. In a week and a half, we've had free candy every day, cake one day, and free chips and hot dogs for national hot dog day. All that food would probably be on my waistline right now if I could eat any of it!
  • junodog1
    allangirl wrote: »
    I will not eat a candy bar from the junk drawer at work. I will choose my snap peas or water.
    That's right!! You got this. Those snap peas are delicious and just a little sweet.
  • nickssweetheart
    JFT - Wednesday July 18
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green by 150 - :) I had almost 300 left last night. I think the heat is affecting my appetite. I'm not very hungry
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Walk or Swim? - :) Walked 5.54 kms in 1:08 - it was so hot again last night and hardly a breeze. I talked to a friend while I walked.
    Get haircut - :)
    Work on Code of Conduct - :)
    Route a sales drive - :| Doing this now because I have to go out today on the road

JFT - Thursday July 19
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Walk or Swim? - I haven't been swimming except once since my lessons ended. I was planning on doing another round of lessons starting next week, but the time went too fast and I didn't register.
    Work on Code of Conduct - make some calls for regulations
    Get out and sell

It has been hot here the last few days, it's crazy weather we have had this summer, it is hot, hot, hot then cools off so much the furnace kicks in for a day then hot again.

Yesterday I just didn't know what to make for supper and it was Grandkid Wednesday. I had texted Lauryn to ask if she had any suggestions, she reminded me that she looks forward to Wednesday and Sunday so she doesn't have to make that decision LOL So I asked her to ask Jonah. Jonah suggested pizza, mini pizza or subs. We went with subs less oven time. I have learned that I feel better with less bread in my life, so I had a sandwich instead.

Michaela ate a bit, but I think the heat is getting to her she didn't seem too interested. As soon as everyone else was done, she pushed her plate away and said "ice cream, treat" We allowed it, just because it was so hot. She didn't even finish her ice cream and wanted her bath that she insists on having at my house. She played in the tub then we got out, we went outside for a little bit and came back in. She just wasn't happy.

Her and I alone decided to go for a little walk around our neighbourhood. I love walking with children, they see so much that we take for granted. She pointed out some flowers, asked "what's that" 10000 times, then she heard some birds. She asked what that was and I said just birds singing. She says "birds, sing, la la la".

After they left I changed and put my shoes on for my walk, I then sat on the couch for about 40 minutes before I got up the gumption to go. I really had to push myself to do it last night, but as usual I'm glad I persevered.

Weight was up a little bit today compared to yesterday, I'm sure it was the handful of chips I had with supper last night. I also think the heat has me retaining water, my rings are a bit tight.

Tomorrow is our big fair kick off - I am debating taking the morning off and taking the Grands to the parade. Lauryn has to work so she can't take them. I haven't seen the parade in years so it might be fun. If I don't check in in the morning you'll know I went LOL

Just wanted to say, I don't always comment, but I love your grandkid stories. And of course the right answer is to go to the parade! ;)
  • junodog1
    edited July 2018
    1) Walked dog before work & saw cranes again

Oh! What kind of cranes do you see? We are a winter spot for Sandhill cranes. We also have a few year round residents. That is one of the things I love about living out in the country.
    7bjql1eqnt30.jpg

In central Florida we also have some whooping cranes in the winter, but I have not seen them yet. It's on my to-do list to find them one winter. We also have these big wood storks that live here year round. When they are way up in the sky in flight they try to make me think they are whooping cranes.
    6tk5gmt2uy0a.jpg