Garlic Diet

12346»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I know my grandparents always swore by eating raw or lightly cooked garlic when a bug was going around. I still do that out of habit mostly. I rarely get sick, but that would be correlation and N = 1:wink:

I love garlic, so any excuse! If anything, the smell of garlic makes me super hungry, so I'd say it's better at making me gain weight, not lose it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Don't Woo me until you've tried it!

Wasn't me!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member

Wasn't me!

Ya, didn't think it was you ;)
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member

Ha! The way woo's are used around here, you could have changed someone's life with your comment, and they were giving you a big fat WooHoo! :)
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    I eat 3 cloves of raw garlic if I feel a cold coming on: it kills viruses. Raw garlic is also known for stimulating hunger; I read one anecdotal incidence of weight loss with it. If you eat it in the evening and make all of your family eat it too then nobody in your home will notice the smell but pity the poor unexpected visitor :D

Along these lines, I've had excellent results with using garlic at the first signs that a yeast infection is coming on. https://midwiferytoday.com/mt-articles/garlic/

Yep, me too! Stick one clove up there overnight and itch be gone!
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    if it aided in weight loss id be skinny, i put that stuff on everyyythang
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    beauty, brains, brawn, a wicked sense of humor and you probably know eight ways to kill a man with just your pinky. I think you’re cool.

She has moved on to death by hydrogen peroxide as I can't think of another reason for it to be in a 1/2 bath.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,324 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    1472.jpg

The rule for Seagrams is never drink anything that Bruce Willis didn't sing about.

I KNOW you are not trying to invalidate vodka peeps as a valid lifestyle choice. :rage::grumble:

It might not make everyone sick 2cazde709ws3.gifbut Seagrams is so bad to me that not even garlic can fix it.

There are other Vodkas. Just saying, you don't have to give up on Vodka Peeps. You could try other alcohols too, but then you'll lose the PeepCleanse (TM) benefits.

I had to google peeps - you guys actually put marshmallows in your vodka??? What do you do to your gin?? 🤣
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    I eat 3 cloves of raw garlic if I feel a cold coming on: it kills viruses. Raw garlic is also known for stimulating hunger; I read one anecdotal incidence of weight loss with it. If you eat it in the evening and make all of your family eat it too then nobody in your home will notice the smell but pity the poor unexpected visitor :D

I knew someone that used to dose very young puppies with garlic as somewhere in the dim and distant past it had been shown to kill nematode worms! :D:D
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    My Spanish father loved garlic soup: about 4 cloves of garlic halved and toasted in a pot with olive oil. Add a couple of thin-sliced French or Italian style bread, and toast them on both sides. Add a couple of cups of water. Bring to a boil. When that happens, drop in a couple of eggs to poach. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Voila. We would add a few dribbles of lemon juice or vinegar when serving. Surprisingly mild, not oily, and very filling. Good for when you have a cold!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member

I knew someone that used to dose very young puppies with garlic as somewhere in the dim and distant past it had been shown to kill nematode worms! :D:D

I thought alliums were poisonous to dogs?
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    1472.jpg

The rule for Seagrams is never drink anything that Bruce Willis didn't sing about.

I KNOW you are not trying to invalidate vodka peeps as a valid lifestyle choice. :rage::grumble:

It might not make everyone sick 2cazde709ws3.gifbut Seagrams is so bad to me that not even garlic can fix it.

There are other Vodkas. Just saying, you don't have to give up on Vodka Peeps. You could try other alcohols too, but then you'll lose the PeepCleanse (TM) benefits.

I had to google peeps - you guys actually put marshmallows in your vodka??? What do you do to your gin?? 🤣

Toss it out? (hate gin)
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member

Supah manly. It's like Supah Bulky...

1j7je4ck9z8j.jpg

It looks like a line is forming behind you to get into the bathroom to do a mirror selfie.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Love raw garlic! Rub it on chicken, steak, use it in salad dressing, keep it at the door for the witches, hang it around my wife's neck, so no - one looks at her...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

I thought alliums were poisonous to dogs?

from what I read on many pet sites and talking to vets garlic is a no no for dogs