sw 298
    gw 150

PLEASE ADD ME!! i need friends to stay motivated
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    [
    Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Deb

July 8- 251.8. I’ve been struggling with hunger. When it goes on for days, I don’t cope well. I can handle a few hours. I also have not been pre prepping my lunches and dinners, but I got the items I need from the grocery store and will get back on the wagon.

Total weight lost: 46.8
    83125515.png

Though I'm not experiencing that at this moment, in the past if I feel ravenous I go to Olive Garden and order the endless soup bowl of minestrone. I then eat as much of it as I want until sated. It works for me.
  • thelifeilove1
    edited July 2018
    Super Summer Slimdown B)
    Name: Charlotte
    Height: 5’2"
    Highest Weight: 245
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 194.6
    Goal Weight (August 1, 2018): 185

June 11: 191.9
    June 17:
    June 24:
    July 1: 191.4
    July 10: 191.1
    July 15: 190.6

Weight -/+ this week: =-.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -4
    Total weight lost: -54

Lord, have mercy! This is going slow right now, but I'm still plugging along. I am off my fluid pill, so there could be some water retention, but going forward I'll be without it, an NSV in itself.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    @deputyderp undo threehundo!!! Whooooo! Congrats 🤗
    @thelifeilove1 congrats for getting off the water pill! What a victory ✌✌

This week's stretch challenge is going well. I stretched before I went out last night and my legs and back didn't cramp up over the course of the night 😁.
  • shutchens
    shutchens Posts: 5 Member
    Wow. You guys are all amazing. This is about my tenth time “rejoining” this thread. I am determined to make it stick this time. Today marks the one week mark of my final recommitment. The scale has gone done 4.6 of the 200 pounds I eojld love to see it go down. More importantly, I bought an air fryer this week and have cooked every breakfast and dinner for my family this week. This is huge in our household, where poor planning often leads to fast food dinners.
  • thelifeilove1
    shutchens wrote: »
    Wow. You guys are all amazing. This is about my tenth time “rejoining” this thread. I am determined to make it stick this time. Today marks the one week mark of my final recommitment. The scale has gone done 4.6 of the 200 pounds I eojld love to see it go down. More importantly, I bought an air fryer this week and have cooked every breakfast and dinner for my family this week. This is huge in our household, where poor planning often leads to fast food dinners.

I've had this struggle in the past, too. We have both mother's (mine and my husbands) living in apartments on our property. I shop and cook for all, but their differing tastes and my watching my intake so closely has made us be chronic eaters out. The past two weeks I've been trying to turn that around, and there has been a great improvment with little complaint from them. Good luck to you in keeping up your changes. Even if the scales don't support the dining in, our pocket books certainly will!
  • MomOnAMission76
    MomOnAMission76 Posts: 200 Member
    I am late to the game here but would love to join this thread. I have about 115 to lose.
  • jenniferallen33
    jenniferallen33 Posts: 8 Member
    I would like to be a new member to this thread, but I have a few questions. How do you join? How do you keep track of the thread. I keep losing it. I have about 146 to lose, which is daunting, but I'm down 15 recently, and things are going the best yet. Your thread is positive and motivating, which is what I need. I'd like to stop being a lurker, and become part of this awesome group. Thanks for the support.
  • jogetsgains

Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: jo
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 340
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 280
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 265

Stretch challenge:
    Saturday 😀
    Sunday 💩
    Monday 😀

June 1- 280
    June 29- 275
    July 16 - 269

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -11

I try to only weigh once a month but today I was feeling frisky. 😏

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited July 2018
    I would like to be a new member to this thread, but I have a few questions. How do you join? How do you keep track of the thread. I keep losing it. I have about 146 to lose, which is daunting, but I'm down 15 recently, and things are going the best yet. Your thread is positive and motivating, which is what I need. I'd like to stop being a lurker, and become part of this awesome group. Thanks for the support.

Welcome and all you have to do to join is keep commenting. :) You can add the thread to your favorites by clicking on the little star right above the page numbers and little magnifying search icon. It should turn yellow to show you've saved it.

ETA: above the numbers at the top of the page not at the bottom of the posts. :)
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Uggghhh I have relosing the pounds that I put on when I fall off the wagon. 4th of July in the middle of the week was bad for me. A 2 week period where I didn't just over eat but shoved food in my face. It's sad that I do that. I don't even enjoy what I'm eating....I'm just shoving more in.

Well back to tracking. This work week I'm going carb free again to give myself a kick in the pants.
  • shutchens
    shutchens Posts: 5 Member
    One of my biggest struggles with changing my diet is monotony. I grew up in a home that ate well, but. It healthy. My knowledge of healthy cooking is slim. Last Monday, I braced myself and tried two new foods- spinach and mushrooms. Surprisingly, I enjoyed both. So, every day for a week I had a shrimp,
    Spinach, and mushroom egg scramble for breakfast. Now, I have hit the wall. The thought of a scrambled egg makes me sick. I need inspiration. What are some of your healthy breakfast ideas that beak up the monotony. FYI- this morning I had grilled shrimp and spinach fettuccine because “breakfast foods” did not sound appealing.

Thanks!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @shutchens -- I find that consistency helps me eat healthy, but like you, I sometimes get tired of the same meals over and over. My typical breakfast is a couple of egg whites and a serving of leftover meat from last night's dinner b/c I eat better throughout the day if I start with protein. However, when I need a change (i.e. carbs!), I make myself Kodiak protein pancakes. I also like to keep a bowl of hard boiled eggs in the fridge, and some mornings I'll cut up a couple of those in a salad instead of the egg whites. Also, there are some good "noodle" substitutes made from chick peas or soybeans that I keep around if I'm craving pasta. Not that I never eat real pasta, but I try to avoid "white" foods when possible. :)

@trinati2001 -- Been there as well, but you can do this! Low carb always helps me get back on track as well.

AFM--I had a couple of days this weekend that I didn't even log properly because I was just busy. I know I was over goal on Saturday, but Sunday I barely ate anything (mostly due to being a wee bit hungover LOL). As of Monday, I was back to logging and I also went to the gym for the first time in a month. I did make sure to stretch after my workout, but I haven't been the best at this week's focus. Will try to do better going forward.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

7/14 - 7/20 focus: Stretching. Incorporate stretches into your daily routine- however that looks for your time/ability. How I did- :smiley: or :neutral: or :frowning:

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6- 194.4
    July 13-194.2
    July 20-
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week: -.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -7.4
    Total weight lost: 52.8
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Super Summer Slimdown B)
    Name: Trisha
    Height: 5’4"
    Highest Weight: 235
    Start Weight (July 6, 2018): 232
    Goal Weight (August 1, 2018): 225

July 6: 232
    July 13: 230.5
    July 20:
    July 27: Holidays
    Aug 1:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -1.5
    Total weight lost: -4.5
  • jogetsgains
    edited July 2018
    shutchens wrote: »
    What are some of your healthy breakfast ideas that beak up the monotony.

Thanks!

I just finished off some keto muffins. coconut flour and chia seeds for the body and I used a little fruit as the sweetener. There are lots of youtube videos for various low carb, yet real food, baked goods. If you aren't much for cooking, search chia seed puddings.
  • jogetsgains

Stretch challenge:
    Saturday 😀
    Sunday 💩
    Monday 😀
    Tuesday 😀

• jogetsgains

Stretch challenge:
    Saturday 😀
    Sunday 💩
    Monday 😀
    Tuesday 😀

Wednesday😀
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Just checking in. It’s been a while. Almost at my goal weight. Windsurfing as much as possible. Walking miles and miles and enjoying life.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @pneschich -- good to hear from you and glad to know you are still making progress toward your goal!

AFM--Hi everyone! I've had a strange week. Monday and Tuesday were very typical days for me food-wise, and I was just slightly over calorie goal each day. However, Tuesday night I was having trouble falling asleep due to a gnawing hunger. My stomach was growling as if I hadn't eaten in days. I ignored it, and when I awoke Wednesday morning, I was ravenous. I ate a very large salad, with not 1, but 2 hard boiled eggs before going to work for a couple of hours of planning with a colleague. While at work, I drank a 100 calorie coffee beverage, but I was so hungry when I left there to go to a friend's house, that I stopped at starbuck's to pick up a breakfast sandwich. This weird feeling of hunger continued throughout the day no matter what I ate. By the end of the day I had eaten almost 400 calories above my allowance (so basically maintenance). By bedtime, I was no longer hungry, but felt slightly light-headed and nauseous.

I slept well and felt great this morning. I'm about 300 calories over goal due to lunch out with some friends, but otherwise, back to normal. Not really sure what was going on yesterday. :confused:

--
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

7/14 - 7/20 focus: Stretching. Incorporate stretches into your daily routine- however that looks for your time/ability. How I did- :smiley: or :neutral: or :frowning:

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6- 194.4
    July 13-194.2
    July 20-
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week: -.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -7.4
    Total weight lost: 52.8
  • deputyderp
    deputyderp Posts: 10 Member
    Name: Dallas
    Height: 6'0"
    Highest Weight: 353 (Feb 2017)
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 313.3
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 287

7/14 - 7/20 challenge focus: Stretching--how I did: :frowning:
    I had family issues going on this week and did not focus on my health much at all.

June 8- 312.8
    June 15- 306.6
    June 22-305.9
    June 29-300.3
    July 07-301.7
    July 13-297.1
    July 20-293.0

Weight -/+ this week: -4.1
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -19.8
    Total weight lost: 60