orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    thynes1313 wrote: »
    dmtvja98wsfk.jpg

Watkins Glen, NY

wow
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Iscah13 wrote: »
    Wilted cabbage and Pegasus- 2018- my back deck.

That's funny and interesting.
  • orangegato
    b44zah59johb.jpg
    88h0819b9fvu.jpg
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    orangegato wrote: »
    b44zah59johb.jpg
    88h0819b9fvu.jpg

Is that you? What happened?!
  • orangegato
    81Katz wrote: »

Yeah, I had surgery to place 2 artificial discs. I had herniated discs w/ numbness, weakness and pain in my arm. Failed physical therapy 3x, multiple meds, acupuncture and a prior surgery. This was done about 18 months ago. It seems to have fixed me, hopefully for good.
  • 81Katz
    orangegato wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »

Yeah, I had surgery to place 2 artificial discs. I had herniated discs w/ numbness, weakness and pain in my arm. Failed physical therapy 3x, multiple meds, acupuncture and a prior surgery. This was done about 18 months ago. It seems to have fixed me, hopefully for good.

Oh my goodness. Sounds horrible! I thought it was recent. I was thinking what the heck happened?! :blush: Ya had me worried..
  • orangegato
    466iz4gr4r2e.jpg
  • 81Katz
    Awwwww, that's sooooo cute! :love:
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    I got to visit Central State Hospital today. Very creepy and interesting.
  • orangegato
    o5lqq4ftjxo9.jpeg
  • barefootboatnik
    barefootboatnik Posts: 134 Member
    Goofing around w/an old Zenith radio (1956, I think?).. original electronics were beyond repair, so I got a little creative.

93zng0ck1jtq.png

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WLcRV7cmRr7CDrym7 for a short video. I like the end result so much that I'm 3D printing brackets & wire clips to make the whole thing permanent.
  • orangegato
    h5sy3xj5jdkv.jpeg
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    9buet5wj5gc6.jpg
    1rsj8ohq01pp.jpg
    448m9yph0b3k.jpg
    9jxib9d44gvh.jpg

Waha 2018. Somewhere in the woods
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Great thread! Took my son zip lining. That was super fun!

bc3dniwl4vv0.jpeg
    fs7cj9acd0yx.jpeg
    rsfjljzypb23.jpeg
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    These are from the shed aquarium mx0dngr02x2u.jpeg
    sdp1tqu9vqp7.jpeg
    kwi7xsy0yhjf.jpeg
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    This is a satellite gif transformation of Bucharest, Romania, between 1984 and today. Near the end of Ceaușescu's rule, because he wanted to build the People's Palace (now Palace of the Parliament which I think is still the largest building in Europe and it's pretty close to the Pentagon in scale), a massive historic neighbourhood area in the heart of the city was demolished. The lighter areas in the first few frames are all construction sites. There's a lake popping up in the N-W corner of the city, part of the river course regularization system. Another one was supposed to be built in the S, S-E (you can see the white contour of the slope), but it never got finished, and because it had natural springs at the bottom and got abandoned for like 30 years, this happened. It was recently declared protected area.

This is made with the History function of Google Earth. I like how the city cauterized its wounds. It's still a weird, contrasting, bipolar city, but it learned to move on.

phtyjjm7bp9d.gif
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    This is a satellite gif transformation of Bucharest, Romania, between 1984 and today. Near the end of Ceaușescu's rule, because he wanted to build the People's Palace (now Palace of the Parliament which I think is still the largest building in Europe and it's pretty close to the Pentagon in scale), a massive historic neighbourhood area in the heart of the city was demolished. The lighter areas in the first few frames are all construction sites. There's a lake popping up in the N-W corner of the city, part of the river course regularization system. Another one was supposed to be built in the S, S-E (you can see the white contour of the slope), but it never got finished, and because it had natural springs at the bottom and got abandoned for like 30 years, this happened. It was recently declared protected area.

This is made with the History function of Google Earth. I like how the city cauterized its wounds. It's still a weird, contrasting, bipolar city, but it learned to move on.

phtyjjm7bp9d.gif

That’s really cool!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    This is what I'm working on this A.M. In case you can't read my terrible cursive, it says "It's not for you to know, but for you to weep and wonder When the death of your civilization precedes you".

3c01rpaepydo.jpg
  • wynnetf
    wynnetf Posts: 80 Member
    anqgo9o1sij5.jpeg
    Closeup of my kids toy. I’ll just leave this here