Worst date you've ever been on..

ButterIsGood
ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
What's the worst date you've ever been on? Mine was about 4 years ago. This guy invited me out for lunch after class as a " thank you" lunch for tutoring him before an exam. I agreed to go. When we go there, his card got declined and I only had about 10 bucks on me but the total was around 17. So I cancelled my order and paid for his. The server came out with one plate for 2 people. It was awkward.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    But why did you pay for his and not your own?
  • FitnessNinja0205
    FitnessNinja0205 Posts: 7 Member
    My worst date is with this girl i met on facebook, we when out to a restaurant for dinner and she order salad cause she was "dieting" and nothing else and i ordered steak with fries on the side , she had the guts to reach out to take some of my fries i was like " hey stick to your side of the table!" You the one who said you wanted to eat "healthy" and she was piss she walk out of the just like that 😅
  • ButterIsGood

Because he asked if I could pay for his. And I didn't wanna be rude.
  • ButterIsGood
    My worst date is with this girl i met on facebook, we when out to a restaurant for dinner and she order salad cause she was "dieting" and nothing else and i ordered steak with fries on the side , she had the guts to reach out to take some of my fries i was like " hey stick to your side of the table!" You the one who said you wanted to eat "healthy" and she was piss she walk out of the just like that 😅

You gotta share the goddamn fries!
  • Sami488
    Sami488 Posts: 149 Member
    What's the worst date you've ever been on? Mine was about 4 years ago. This guy invited me out for lunch after class as a " thank you" lunch for tutoring him before an exam. I agreed to go. When we go there, his card got declined and I only had about 10 bucks on me but the total was around 17. So I cancelled my order and paid for his. The server came out with one plate for 2 people. It was awkward.

This is too funny though.

You should have told him you had the money for both meals, then only pay for yours, then walk out and leave him there with no money to pay for his. Haaaaa...hindsight, right?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

Because he asked if I could pay for his. And I didn't wanna be rude.

:huh: riiiiiight
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    The restaurant he had chosen (because he had a gift card for it) was closed due to a sewer leak. We had to go somewhere else, and he hadn't brought enough money so I had to pay (which was fine with me) but he got all butt-hurt that his macho "I will provide for the woman" side was thwarted. Then on the way back to the car, he stopped to pet a passing dog and it bit his hand hard enough to break the skin.

I'm not sure why but I ended up dating him for a good six months. It ended when he told me he was getting back together with his ex wife. I lost all respect for him at that point since he had told me a million stories of the awful things she had done.
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    My mother had a surprise birthday in a bar , there was a stag party and the best man was hot he was asking me on a date all night , as I went to leave he scooped me up and Wouldn’t let me down until I agreed to a date. I kissed him said ok.

He took me to a bar local to him bought me a drink and introduced me to all his friends and family, then turned his back on me and carried on talking to everyone else , I felt like an accessory so I left , went to stay at one of my brothers houses close by.
    I woke up to my brother fighting with the guy on his doorstep early hours of the morning , he had hunted me down and was begging me to marry him he even had a ring. He got 2 years in prison and came looking for me again as soon as he was released telling my family he would kill me , if he couldn’t have me no one would.
    I had to check into the police station every couple of hours until they picked him up . I changed my name and moved away.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member

You gotta share the goddamn fries!

Oh, no, you don't! :D@FitnessNinja0205, this reminds me of an old Friends episode (well, they are all old, now) -- and one of Joey's one-liners, "Joey doesn't share food!".
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    This girl asked me to go with her to a friend's party. After we got there she ate all the damn creampuffs and got involved in an awkward confrontation with the party host. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I remember this cream puffs story, lol
  • ButterIsGood
    The restaurant he had chosen (because he had a gift card for it) was closed due to a sewer leak. We had to go somewhere else, and he hadn't brought enough money so I had to pay (which was fine with me) but he got all butt-hurt that his macho "I will provide for the woman" side was thwarted. Then on the way back to the car, he stopped to pet a passing dog and it bit his hand hard enough to break the skin.

I'm not sure why but I ended up dating him for a good six months. It ended when he told me he was getting back together with his ex wife. I lost all respect for him at that point since he had told me a million stories of the awful things she had done.

Sorry to hear that. It sounded like a rebound relationship.
  • ButterIsGood
    New2ket0 wrote: »
    My mother had a surprise birthday in a bar , there was a stag party and the best man was hot he was asking me on a date all night , as I went to leave he scooped me up and Wouldn’t let me down until I agreed to a date. I kissed him said ok.

He took me to a bar local to him bought me a drink and introduced me to all his friends and family, then turned his back on me and carried on talking to everyone else , I felt like an accessory so I left , went to stay at one of my brothers houses close by.
    I woke up to my brother fighting with the guy on his doorstep early hours of the morning , he had hunted me down and was begging me to marry him he even had a ring. He got 2 years in prison and came looking for me again as soon as he was released telling my family he would kill me , if he couldn’t have me no one would.
    I had to check into the police station every couple of hours until they picked him up . I changed my name and moved away.

Wow.. That's intense. What a weirdo.
  • ButterIsGood
    I can't really think of a bad date, I've been taking myself out on dates for a while now, if I want someone to scream my name I just go to Starbucks. I did make myself drink too much Tequila once and woke up next to the toilet.

Haven't we all. 😀
  • gia_incognito
    gia_incognito Posts: 103 Member
    Went on a "date" a couple weeks ago. We had some food and drinks and saw a concert. Then went to "meet up with friends" who turned out to be all girl friends, some of which I'm pretty sure wished they were on a date with him. Kiiinda awkward.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    This girl asked me to go with her to a friend's party. After we got there she ate all the damn creampuffs and got involved in an awkward confrontation with the party host. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I just burst out laughing! That’s freaking funny.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    The worst date is when they expect you to go home with them

I really just wanted something to eat and have a conversation
  • Sami488
    Sami488 Posts: 149 Member

Umm.... so I know this is the wrong thread for this but what is the cream puffs joke? If I may...
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    The worst date is when they expect you to go home with them

I really just wanted something to eat and have a conversation

Agreed.