Newbie, Doing IF, TIU girl and Using Macros

Options
ajmann87
ajmann87 Posts: 7 Member
Hi! My name is AJ. Just wanted to introduce myself! I have been doing intermittent fasting for a month now, I've always counted my macros and I've been using Tone It Up for workouts for years!

My weight is 150 (I've lose 6 lbs since may), I'm 5'7, 30 years old and my goal weight is somewhere around 130.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week! Remember, slow and steady wins the race.

I am on insta if anyone wants to connect: @balancing_in_sneakers

Replies

• jcello65
    jcello65 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi AJ! I have very similar starting and goal weights -though I'm a couple of years older and a few inches shorter :) I've lost almost 7lbs since March and want to be somewhere in the 120's. I finally realized that slow and steady is the only way I'm going to get anywhere.
  • Mali_o
    Mali_o Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started my IF on Monday, so far so good. I like it. I just hope I stick with it. I have till December to get to my goal weight. Good luck ladies.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started at literally the same weight and age as you! Just....7 inches shorter. :smirk:

I'm down to 131 and shooting for 120-125. I also count my macros. I have not tried IF, but my husband has. I have read research that says women are less likely to be successful. I find eating smaller, more frequent meals is the ticket for me.
  • CrystalConsults
    CrystalConsults Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Ladies. I just started IF at beginning of July. I'd cut way back on processed foods about a month before that and found it surprisingly easy because no driving hunger to Eat. Right. Now.
    I broke my foot in May and had surgery in June, told husband my goal is don't gain weight!
    Funny thing is, I've dropped 10 lbs since breaking foot and not being able to work out! What?!
    I credit a lower carb diet and IF. I mostly IF for 16:8, but have for the last week been doing every other day just eating dinner.
    I'm totally tracking calories: under 1460 a day according to MFP #'s. I track macros too, for the last week.
    I'm 57, 5' 5". Starting weight in May 143 pounds, yesterday which was July 14, 133 pounds. Losing fat according to my scale which measures that. :smile:
    I'm a HUGE fan of IF! Dr. Jason Fung has the best YouTubes I've seen on the benefits of IF, in case you'd like to check him out.
    I don't plan to every go beyond 24 hours without food, because, it's just not for me.
    Just wanted to say to all of you, keep up the good work, and this IF thing totally works!
    By the way, do friend me if you like! Would love to support you! Cheers! :smiley:
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Hi AJ - I'm also AJ lol. And 5'7" a tad over 150, with a goal around 130ish LOL!

I'm giving IF a try. Not following a strict plan, but something that works for me. While I know counting calories works, the reality is, as soon as my schedule gets a little crazy, and I end up on the road weekend after weekend, it all goes out the window, and so does my weight loss :(

So, IF was sounding like something I could manage that would work a little better with my natural preferences (never have been a breakfast eater, always enjoyed a nice dinner) and my racing life.

New to it, so have no progress to report persay, but so far it's feeling FAR more do-able with my current lifestyle than traditional calorie counting.

Best of luck on your journey!