Incidental exercise; sneaking it in. And how to track that?

2»

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    thats just your NEAT. don't get so fixated on that caloric burn, you'll become obsessed
  • maryadavies4667
    maryadavies4667 Posts: 58 Member
    Ping; I'll remember that tho yeah, I'll proly keep using the basement potteh once we get that contractor in to fix the bleeping valve.

You can't fix a toilet when it squirts you in the face like that.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Are you paying rent? You mentioned a brother taking months to fix things. I don't care if you are paying cheap rent to a family member - taking months to fix a toilet is unacceptable.

While the extra exercise is a good thing, allowing landlords to shirk responsibility because they are family is not.

Or the OP can buy the $15 in parts and not wait for someone else to do a job
  • maryadavies4667
    edited July 2018
    Packer; when said fix involves possibly ripping up the wall...Um no. That's the problem. Didn't know if you saw the "my other brother tried, but the valve's busted, and when he tried to remove the guts, the toilet squirted him in the face." We still have the $15 in stuff he bought, so once the valve's fixed we should have the whole thing fixed in 15 minutes or less.

We still have said parts to fix it up good...IF the valve would shut the potteh off! Which it won't at the moment.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Packer; when said fix involves possibly ripping up the wall...Um no. That's the problem. Didn't know if you saw the "my other brother tried, but the valve's busted, and when he tried to remove the guts, the toilet squirted him in the face." We still have the $15 in stuff he bought, so once the valve's fixed we should have the whole thing fixed in 15 minutes or less.

We still have said parts to fix it up good...IF the valve would shut the potteh off! Which it won't at the moment.

Turn the water off at the main to repair the toilet if the water valve into the toilet is broken.
    Make sure everyone else in the house knows the water is off.

Cheers, h.
  • maryadavies4667
    edited July 2018
    I'll think about asking Jon (that's the older brother) to try that if it takes too long for the other brother to call the contractor.

Tho I can understand Jon's attitude here. No one likes to try fixing a toilet when it erm, GETS you like that and you didn't expect it. I mean, it was SUPPOSED to be off, not act like there's a gremlin in there that wants to get whoever tries to repair it wet..
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member

Turn the water off at the main to repair the toilet if the water valve into the toilet is broken.

Cheers, h.

Yep turn off water. Most home toilets valve is in the tank

YouTube is your friend
  • maryadavies4667
    edited July 2018
    Again, I'll ask Jon to do that if it takes the other brother too long to do something about it. Said valve is not in the toilet actually, but near the floor, sticking out of the wall. That's why this is such a pain. There's a chance they might have to rip up that wall a bit, annoyingly enough. My sister, who has major issues, has to use that toilet (she can't go downstairs) so if it starts bothering her as bad as it's bothering me, I'll tell Jon to do that. ^^

If you didn't guess, the boys fix stuff around here; I mean to ask Jon when we get around to it to show me how it goes since I don't know how long this living arrangement will last. ^^ (Heck, Jon's also the resident computer techie; he built all the 'puters in the house but the other brother's. My gaming PC is one he built..)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Eh, it's not really trackable. Little things like that are usually considered in determining your TDEE. A lot of people (myself included) park further away, take the steps instead of an elevator or escalator, etc. but that isn't really significant enough of movements to be tracked.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    I call incidental exercise "bonus points", and don't track them. The 20 extra stairs taking the stairs instead of an escalator isn't going to burn enough calories to log as a workout, but it may compensate for a little bit of food logging errors that happen (how much mustard did I really eat with my fries and so forth).
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Packerjohn wrote: »

Cheers, h.

Yep turn off water. Most home toilets valve is in the tank

YouTube is your friend

I was gonna say, YouTube that *kitten*. There's a lot of home jobs you can do for yourself that you don't realise. My shut off valves are below and to the side of my tanks, fwiw. Righty tighty, turns off the supply to the toilet.