lstrat115 wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    If I like a man enough to cultivate a friendship, I also make a point of getting to know his woman. If he’s that cool, she usually is too.

Regarding crushes, mfp and otherwise, There’s something about the annoying way I express myself that seems to inhibit the kind of friendship that leads to crushes.

Just do what I do: Friendzone them immediately. :laugh:

Damn! :D:D

Hey now... It eliminates any kind of confusion of "Are they flirting with me, or are they always this nice to people?" ;)

I wonder if people would be floored knowing that single people of the opposite sex can sit and enjoy a meal together and talk for hours without hitting up the hotel next door ;)

Ah yes.....over simplistic logic. You vote for Trump? ;)

Not over simplistic at all. We all have different experiences in life. My experiences show me that men can be amazing friends. It's too bad that other people have experienced other things with members of the opposite sex.

I agree. What I mean is, yes of course people understand that some people of the opposite sex can spend time together without having sex......just like it's as easy to believe some people cant. To think it's far reaching to think more will experience romantic or sexual feelings than not, would be ignoring more than just ones anecdotal experience.

This may differ depending on a million different things: age, where you were raised, how you were raised, where you live, what you do for a living, your own personality, your own morals, etc. Maybe the people I know (including myself) set the stage in a way that the other person knows not to make an attempt.
    You all can do and believe whatever you want. I am going to be friends with whoever I want. If a man makes an unwanted advance I will let you all say "I told you so". :tongue:

Totally missing my point from what I wrote on the first page. Unspoken feelings are still feelings. Most men are capable of being friends with women.....you don't have to hit on a woman, if you know it's not what they want, but still doesn't change what would happen if they said they did.

How do you know they are there if they are unspoken?

You don't. That's why you think it's possible to just be friends. A lot of men won't act on their feelings unless the woman makes it clear they should. I say men and women can be friends, just know the majority of them will sleep with you if you wanted.....

Well hell... I haven't had sex in a while. Who's game?

Haha i actually do agree with @bojack5 on this one. Theres always exceptions but i bet if you initiated with any of your guy friends 9 times out of 10 they woud.

9 times out of 10 a stranger on the side of the road would have sex with a willing woman too.

...... can you provide directions to this willing sex woman road?
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    From what I see it appears that mfp crushes are good as long as the person with the crush is being crushed back by the right people and being given enough public attention and also as long as the people giving the crushee the possibly personal and public attention are also not giving other people too much public attention. Although when that happens it oftentimes leads to public attention of the private attentions between all parties and much public drama which should not be entertaining to the masses because some parties may or may not be single, and we all know it, but let’s face it, we still get our popcorn and watch the drama unfold.

<3:#
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    From what I see it appears that mfp crushes are good as long as the person with the crush is being crushed back by the right people and being given enough public attention and also as long as the people giving the crushee the possibly personal and public attention are also not giving other people too much public attention. Although when that happens it oftentimes leads to public attention of the private attentions between all parties and much public drama which should not be entertaining to the masses because some parties may or may not be single, and we all know it, but let’s face it, we still get our popcorn and watch the drama unfold.

Oh you must have been here before. 🤣
  • Just_Mel_

:D to be fair you only have to be here about 2 days to catch on to some of this

30 minutes in Fun and Games
  • covetthycarbs
    covetthycarbs Posts: 300 Member

More like 25 minutes
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited July 2018

More like 25 minutes

Chit chat has been fun...I’m heading to fun and games!!!! ✌️

Joking!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited July 2018
    In my personal experience, men and women cannot have a CLOSE platonic relationship. I've personally lost every single one of my good guy friends because they have wanted more, where I did not, they were all single btw. I would not maintain a super close friendship with a married man where we are spending time alone together if his wife was not present... there are lines of respect I would not cross... tee hee. I still find MOST women difficult to befriend, with their jealous, catty, judgy, gossipy attitudes... I just don't get that from most guys. I have met a few wonderful ladies this past year, however they are married with children and have busy lives and do more "couple things" with other couples... As a single woman, I just don't fit into that. Im totally cool with having friends to hang out with casually.

As far as MFP crushes go... Whatcha up to for the next 6 weeks? :p

Is my 6 weeks up already?!

Also, I agree with this. I don't think it's possible (under most circumstances) to maintain a platonic friendship without, in some way, wanting more. You may never ever give in to those desires, or even let on that they exist, but typically the attraction is there.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    If I like a man enough to cultivate a friendship, I also make a point of getting to know his woman. If he’s that cool, she usually is too.

Regarding crushes, mfp and otherwise, There’s something about the annoying way I express myself that seems to inhibit the kind of friendship that leads to crushes.

Hey now... It eliminates any kind of confusion of "Are they flirting with me, or are they always this nice to people?" ;)

I wonder if people would be floored knowing that single people of the opposite sex can sit and enjoy a meal together and talk for hours without hitting up the hotel next door ;)

Not over simplistic at all. We all have different experiences in life. My experiences show me that men can be amazing friends. It's too bad that other people have experienced other things with members of the opposite sex.

I agree. What I mean is, yes of course people understand that some people of the opposite sex can spend time together without having sex......just like it's as easy to believe some people cant. To think it's far reaching to think more will experience romantic or sexual feelings than not, would be ignoring more than just ones anecdotal experience.

This may differ depending on a million different things: age, where you were raised, how you were raised, where you live, what you do for a living, your own personality, your own morals, etc. Maybe the people I know (including myself) set the stage in a way that the other person knows not to make an attempt.
    You all can do and believe whatever you want. I am going to be friends with whoever I want. If a man makes an unwanted advance I will let you all say "I told you so". :tongue:

Totally missing my point from what I wrote on the first page. Unspoken feelings are still feelings. Most men are capable of being friends with women.....you don't have to hit on a woman, if you know it's not what they want, but still doesn't change what would happen if they said they did.

You don't. That's why you think it's possible to just be friends. A lot of men won't act on their feelings unless the woman makes it clear they should. I say men and women can be friends, just know the majority of them will sleep with you if you wanted.....

Haha i actually do agree with @bojack5 on this one. Theres always exceptions but i bet if you initiated with any of your guy friends 9 times out of 10 they woud.

9 times out of 10 a stranger on the side of the road would have sex with a willing woman too.

I'll send you my coordinates

@Istrat115

I'll be running red lights in your honor.
  • Just_Mel_

More like 25 minutes

Chit chat has been fun...I’m heading to fun and games!!!! ✌️

Joking!

You'll get ALL the crushes and blind dates there! Don't forget to fill that penicillin script beforehand! 😉
  • In my personal experience, men and women cannot have a CLOSE platonic relationship. I've personally lost every single one of my good guy friends because they have wanted more, where I did not, they were all single btw. I would not maintain a super close friendship with a married man where we are spending time alone together if his wife was not present... there are lines of respect I would not cross... tee hee. I still find MOST women difficult to befriend, with their jealous, catty, judgy, gossipy attitudes... I just don't get that from most guys. I have met a few wonderful ladies this past year, however they are married with children and have busy lives and do more "couple things" with other couples... As a single woman, I just don't fit into that. Im totally cool with having friends to hang out with casually.

As far as MFP crushes go... Whatcha up to for the next 6 weeks? :p

Is my 6 weeks up already?!

Also, I agree with this. I don't think it's possible (under most circumstances) to maintain a platonic friendship without, in some way, wanting more. You may never ever give in to those desires, or even let on that they exist, but typically the attraction is there.

Your 6 weeks was up years ago... very few get a second round... besides, you havent send me nudes in weeks! I ain't gonna beg you know ;)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Hiiii 😘
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

Hiiii 😘

Hahaha.... I knew I could count on you.

<3
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Does it count if I crush on myself?
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Does it count if I crush on myself?

Sure does
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member