MFP - Fitness site or pick-up bar?

Replies

• slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Crude messages do not bother me. Sometimes I’ll even entertain if I’m bored. You can’t send pics on MFP so if you agree to go to another app where you can exchange pics, it’s your own call so don’t be surprised when you do get nekkid pics. But it’s the internet, so you have a delete, unfriend, and block button. Be wise.

Can you not imbed them anymore? That's how I received a photo of a man with only a towel hanging off his junk

I got one messaged through here too, but that was before the PM function changed to only being able to send them to friends. Maybe the imbed function changed then too.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    OP, you are stunning, I mean I’m not saying it’s okay I’m just saying I see why.

Thanks doll :smiley: The funny thing is that no one talks to me or approaches me irl. *shruggie*

because its easier for someone to hide behind a avatar and a screen name and type things out rather than approach and get shot down ;)

So what? It is not the end of the world. If a man is really interested, he should approach.

I do this all the time.....the women's husbands always give me such dirty looks....but hey, let her choose right? Lol

Lol. I dont think you are serious.

But I didnt mean approach a woman who is with someone.

I am over here thinking no men want all of this because they rarely ever approach me. Some people swear they are just shy. I am thinking they are not interested.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    OP, you are stunning, I mean I’m not saying it’s okay I’m just saying I see why.

Thanks doll :smiley: The funny thing is that no one talks to me or approaches me irl. *shruggie*

because its easier for someone to hide behind a avatar and a screen name and type things out rather than approach and get shot down ;)

So what? It is not the end of the world. If a man is really interested, he should approach.

I do this all the time.....the women's husbands always give me such dirty looks....but hey, let her choose right? Lol

I am over here thinking no men want all of this because they rarely ever approach me. Some people swear they are just shy. I am thinking they are not interested.

Men in general are not good at approaching women. Either to shy or too bold.....in the middle isn't easy either because it may come off boring. I don't date so it's a non issue. :)
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member

Men in general are not good at approaching women. Either to shy or too bold.....in the middle isn't easy either because it may come off boring. I don't date so it's a non issue. :)

You’re so dateable though
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    So I recently started posting and have gotten lots of "friend" requests. With gentleman then striking up a convo that quickly transpires into flirting/sexual overtones.

Am I wrong or is this a fitness site? Anyone else experience this?

I'm happy to make friends to talk about fitness/diet but that's about it. I don't want to be mean and block anyone but seriously, it feels like a bar here!

TL;DR

Yes.
  • nooshi713

I think many men have these big egos that they don’t want shot down. Many times I’ve heard them say “oh she’s out of my league” or “I’m not her type”. I can see why men would think this of you. Just in the way you word your sentences and carry yourself, you come across as very confident, sure of yourself, which equates to intimidating for some. However it’s not really a loss for you. Would you really be interested in a man who desires you, but isn’t brave enough to tell you? My guess is probably not.

Yes you're right. I wonder how people date then if men never approach a woman. Lol
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    See, I’m a mean person, sometimes. If someone sends me unsolicited pics. I will google grandma boobs and send them back. I have also sent back pictures of other dudes junk(always bigger of course) and tell them that I “haven’t had the surgery yet. It’s so nice to meet an open minded man.” They pretty much leave me along after that. Put a little scare into them. 😂😂😂

Had a random send me junk pics on FB messenger even though we weren't friends. So I creeped his profile, found his mom and forwarded his message to her asking if she knew what kind of creep her son was?
    Sorry, not sorry.

You are my new hero, this is awesome!
  • deweese7717
    deweese7717 Posts: 43 Member
    I never ever get hit on. I must be doing something wrong here.

That just opened the flood door of regret
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member

i wouldnt know, i never approached a women in person before. all my past ex's has either approached me, or had someone tell me that they are interested

You should get out of your comfort zone. You're a hottie, be confident in that.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member

i wouldnt know, i never approached a women in person before. all my past ex's has either approached me, or had someone tell me that they are interested

that will require me going to a bar and finding skanks. no thanks xD

Whys that have to require that? Meet up groups, social events. Doesn’t have to be a bar
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

I think many men have these big egos that they don’t want shot down. Many times I’ve heard them say “oh she’s out of my league” or “I’m not her type”. I can see why men would think this of you. Just in the way you word your sentences and carry yourself, you come across as very confident, sure of yourself, which equates to intimidating for some. However it’s not really a loss for you. Would you really be interested in a man who desires you, but isn’t brave enough to tell you? My guess is probably not.

Am I the only person who thinks the notion of a "league" is a silly concept in the first place when it comes to interacting with other humans?

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member

Orrrrrr approach someone in the grocery store or someplace not at a bar.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

Am I the only person who thinks the notion of a "league" is a silly concept in the first place when it comes to interacting with other humans?

in regards to myself, I prefer the statement of: " I out-kicked my coverage. "
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

Orrrrrr approach someone in the grocery store or someplace not at a bar.

maybe i can find a hottie at wally world

..... have you tried truck stops or in-pound yards?

Bail Bond storefront parking lots are also ripe for the pickin'.
  • nooshi713

Wow. You have never approached a woman? I guess you got it like that.
  • nooshi713

I believe leagues exist, but they are not always based on looks.

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Late night entertainment, for free!

• ShellyPru84
    ShellyPru84 Posts: 56 Member
    amwbox wrote: »
    You're an attractive woman on the internet. New at this?

This made me choke on my drink!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    New2ket0 wrote: »
    I’ve found life so much easier not having my picture on my profile, you do get so much grief otherwise and I just want a quiet life :)

Exactly that :-) Oh and I put my age out too, that really helps, haha. I now have a nice group of peeps that are in it for all the right reasons.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member

You’re so dateable though

Lol!!