Bigger girls like myself?

Anyone in the 200’s on her trying to get fit, and start diets?

Replies

• cerveza17
    cerveza17 Posts: 6 Member
    Me, I am currently 208 and starting diets. Just not sure which one yet.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    As others say, this is the wrong forum for you. And as others have said, this is a lifestyle change not a diet. I've been logging six years. I'm almost 60 and this is the firsts weight loss effort I have ever made. I was never overweight, but my only regret is I didn't do it 5 years earlier before my weight crept up.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Although this is in the maintaining forum I will respond.

I started at 221 and am now down to 199 since January by eating what I enjoy but just eating less. Measuring and logging my food. Sticking to the calorie allowance given to me by MFP.

My Diary is open if you want to see what I eat.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    I'm partial to the Eat Less, Move More Diet.
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    266lb and on it's way down :)
  • 007janculler
    007janculler Posts: 9 Member
    286 and losing.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Don’t worry about getting “fit” right now, otherwise, you’ll get overwhelmed. Just start eating less and moving more. Once you’ve got the hang of weighing & logging your food, then start a workout routine that you enjoy for you with some cardio and resistance training.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Put your stats into mfp - set a realistic weight loss goal (1lb per week) and eat the number of calories mfp suggests. If you do that you will lose weight. No need to choose a 'diet' - just eat less food than you use - ie stay within the limit mfp gives you. If you want to eat more you can earn it through additional exercise - but be wary of eating all your exercise calories back unless you are certain sure of the amount you have burned (mfp exercise database is generous in the burns it gives) Read the stickie posts at the top of the forums - they are very very useful. Being patient and not in a screaming hurry is important as it will allow you to sustain new eating patterns longer and help you maintain. People who rush often crash and burn after a relatively short period as they feel deprived and give up. Dlow and steady is really good. Good Luck
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    You don't go on a diet, diet is what you eat, you are currently on a diet. What you need to do is change your diet. You are changing your diet to eat healthier and eat a better diet to fit your body type and lifestyle.
  • timeforwork
    timeforwork Posts: 114 Member
    Is this the maintaining forum? I thought it was general weight loss. Only saying as I haven't been on the mantanance one before so wouldn't of seen the post from the op.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Is this the maintaining forum? I thought it was general weight loss. Only saying as I haven't been on the mantanance one before so wouldn't of seen the post from the op.

Nope, you are definitely on the general health, fitness and diet forum - right place for your comment I believe. 😁
  • MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member

Guessing OP's post was moved and is now in the right forum.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    I started at 274, I'm now down to 209. I personally follow a Ketogenic Diet and it works for me. That said, I plan on staying Keto for the long haul, this isn't a temporary diet for me, this is a WOE.
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    I am 293 at the moment and trying to lose.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Anyone in the 200’s on her trying to get fit, and start diets?

I am huge on mindset....so, I get what you are saying. But, if I might comment on this....and, we are all different....

To me, it is "get healthy, then get fit"! Just how I see things!
  • gsnapmccool
    gsnapmccool Posts: 30 Member
    I’m 294 and walking it off. The best thing for me was realizing I don’t have to starve myself or eat things I hate— I just have to eat smaller portions of what I love and add a few healthier options. As long as I am in deficit, regardless of what I eat, I will lose. ^-^ Seriously, joining this community has saved me from feeling guilty about indulging in ice cream with my grandpa and going out with friends. Now I just walk a little extra and call that day my less-deficit day, close the book and move on to the next. Everyone here has helped me realize that there’s no perfect, single way to lose. Find out what works best for you! Go at your own pace. It’s easy to rush and get anxious, but trust in your app to help you stay on track and you will see results :3
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    I'm at 217 and currently Keto. Have tried other diets and found Keto the most sustainable for myself and something I can do for the long-term or life.