Guys married in their mid 40s.

Replies

• bpg0972
    bpg0972 Posts: 32 Member
    Blew it yesterday, ate 2 huge pieces of pizza. Back at it today.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    bpg0972 wrote: »

Back at it and don’t beat yourself up over it. I made some less than stellar choices on a weekend road trip, but I am letting it go and have been back on it.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member

Just a day brother. Log it. Learn from it. Move on.
  • bpg0972
    Thx guys. Appreciate the support and encouragement. Actually lost the 2lbs that I gained because of it.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Mid-week (or at least mid-work week) gentlemen. Let’s crush the second half of the week. 💪
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,522 Member
    edited July 2018
    Good afternoon All,

Just turned 48, married 24 years next week, 2 adult children. We are the fat family, we always talk about doing something about it so I am and I'll see who I can drag along with me.

6’ Tall (well almost)
    SW: 266
    CW: 239.4
    GW: 195

Cheers!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 944 Member
    Age 49 Married 30 years 2 kids.

5’7" Tall
    SW: 185lbs Jan 2018.
    CW: 145lbs
    GW: 145lbs
  • AwesomeOpossum74
    AwesomeOpossum74 Posts: 106 Member
    44, married with 2 kids. It's good to be a dad. I hurt myself when my first kid was only 1 (he's 16 now). During this time, I gained weight and lost my active lifestyle. Just now really working on recovery. Lost more time with my family than I'd like.

SW: 230
    CW: 200
    GW: 190

I may drop my GW to 180, depending on how I feel at 190. I mostly want to get rid of my "overhang". Once I reach goal, I'll probably start rebuilding muscle.

• bpg0972
    I hear ya brother. Familiar story, trust me. Actually did pretty well today even though we went out for lunch. Good choices and I wasn’t so bloated when I went back to work.
  • bpg0972
    CW 227.2.

Feeling pretty good about things. However, I’m headed to Red Lobster tomorrow night with the fam to celebrate a special occasion. I think I am going to pick my food out later today so I can attemp to keep within my goals and take a very long bike ride tomorrow morning.
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Married, just turned 40. I’m 6’2” and spent my 30s hovering between 210-240lbs. And they were never good lbs. Just before I turned 39 I decided that I wouldn’t live my 40s as soft as I lived my 30s. Unfortunately, chemo and steady state cardio cut me down to 153lbs. I looked sick. In the last year, I’ve put on nearly 30lbs., and look like a healthy adult male again. Good luck everyone.
    GW:190 lbs. CW:182
    GBF%:15 CBF%:18
  • bpg0972
    Yeah, the forties did me in as well. Metabolism really came to a halt around 41.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Starting at 45 things took a HUGE turn for the better. It had - for me, anyway, everything to do with choices. Choices about the food I was eating. Choices about the portion size. Choices about exercise. Things were not looking so great for me...but, again, that was because of what I had done to my body for five or six years. It can all be changed.....well, for me, anyway. Everyone is different....so YMMV. But, there is hope, fellas! Hope indeed!
  • Nama_Slay38
    Nama_Slay38 Posts: 178 Member
    Great Job dudes!! Impressive thread!!
  • bpg0972
    Stuck to my planed meal at Red Lobster and feel great about it. Surprisingly I’m not stuffed. Legs hurt from the bike ride but other than that I’m proud of myself for not deviating from my plan.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Stuck to my planed meal at Red Lobster and feel great about it. Surprisingly I’m not stuffed. Legs hurt from the bike ride but other than that I’m proud of myself for not deviating from my plan.

Small victories.....fuel the success and confidence. Keep on, keeping on!
  • cdnconnor
    cdnconnor Posts: 9 Member
    Good to see this thread. Similar story here. Father of three, professional (aka behind a computer most of the day), little spare time but need to "get back at it". Started with MFP a few years go, logged pretty regularly and saw a difference. Plateaued, stopped logging and gained some weight back. Realized that I have to track to make myself more accountable. Hoping joining the community (especially with those who are like me) will help this time.

SW: 310
    CW: 260
    GW: 220
  • bpg0972
    Another day at the office. Lunch was pretty tasty though do that helped and I lost all my Red Lobster weightvftom the weekend so that was a nice surprise this morning. So gentlemen let’s keep it rolling.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,522 Member
    Is this heat too much to exercise or am I just finding an excuse?