Vegan low cal, high protein recipes?

SDmoose
SDmoose Posts: 1 Member
I eat quinoa, broccoli, hummus & beans WAY too often! Also frozen chik patties lol... Anyone got some healthy vegan recipes to share?

Replies

• tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    DRAXE.COM is the place to go for nutritional info.

I eat peas, bean sprouts, seeds, beans of all different colors and shapes and lentils. Artichokes and Aspargus are also pretty good protein sources.

We cook, then season and roast chickpeas to eat them as party food.
    Seasoning usually includes olive oil, salt, paprika and garlic/onion powder.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    silken tofu blended with a touch of plant milk (to get to yhe consistency you like), nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Fry onion and garlic in a pan, add sauce, add frozen peas. Serve with spaghetti. Lots on protein in the tofu and peas, nutritional yeast has added b12 and whatever the plant milk is fortified with. Carbs from the pasta - all yummy yummy yummy❤️❤️
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I ate marinated tofu all the time when I was losing weight. Here is a recipe: https://simpleveganblog.com/easy-marinated-tofu/

You can skip the maple syrup to save even more calories.

• georgieamber2
    edited July 2018
    Boiled sweet potato and carrot with a veggie stock cube until soft, transfer to a blender ((only add enough of the liquid to get the required consistency)), with 20-40g of cashews, bit of mustard (optional), tablespoon of nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Blend all until smooth. Add to pasta for a mac and cheeze type recipe BUT I have it inbetween meals for added protein on top of broccoli (any veg will do to be honest) but broccoli is high in protein. Use 20g of chashews for lower cal but again, very high protein and any less it wouldn't be as thick. x
  • georgieamber2
    Fry finely minced mushrooms for about 5 minutes then add some minced onion and garlic. Cook until the onions go translucent. Add to mashed chickpeas. If it needs more "binders" add nutritional yeast or breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper. Form patties and put in the fridge for half an hour. Fry straight from chilled until gold on both sides:). Chickpea and mushrooms burgers - very low fat and high protein, have work roasted veg, rice, quinoa, broccoli, hummus - anything!:) X
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    Not sure what "high protein" means to a vegan, but I made this last night and it was yum! https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014804-one-pot-mujadara-with-leeks-and-greens

I didn't have a leek so just used regular onion. And I decreased the oil to 1.5 T. If you are using a nonstick pan you could decrease it further.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I nearly always have pan-seared tofu, flavored seitan, and some kind of legume (usually reforbkack beans or lentils) in the fridge. The tofu and seitan make great high-protein sandwiches, and all three can be added to sauteed veggies or grain bowls for a quick and satisfying meal.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    My current easy low calorie protein is soy curl tacos. Soy curls are 100 calories and 10 grams of protein per 30 gram serving, weighed dry. Rehydrate your soy curls in warm water for about 10 minutes, drain, and marinate with your favorite salsa/spice blend (I’m using Trader Joe’s red salsa mixed with chili powder and a little water). You can then heat your soy curls in the microwave, in a good cast iron or nonstick pan, or with a little cooking spray to reduce calories from oil. You can also use TVP if you can’t find soy curls. Serve on corn tortillas with guacamole or your favorite toppings.
  • georgieamber2
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Not sure what "high protein" means to a vegan, but I made this last night and it was yum! https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014804-one-pot-mujadara-with-leeks-and-greens

I didn't have a leek so just used regular onion. And I decreased the oil to 1.5 T. If you are using a nonstick pan you could decrease it further.

High protein means the same to a vegan as a non-vegan:)) too hit levels of protein for bulking and stuff though means you may have to plan a head of time. x