MFP - Fitness site or pick-up bar?

Replies

• acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    acnoyes wrote: »
    The guys I know in NY always complain about the women there. But, I'm sure men and women all over the country complain. :)

Men in the South pay me no attention. All of the guys I’ve dated were from NY. I’m not complaining though. The men from New York are hard workers. At least from my experience.

It is weird. I get tons of attention when I go to NY. Those guys are more aggressive. In the south also, but they are more gentlemanly. In Cali, I think a lot of guys are spoiled and lazy. Haha.

I just woke up from my nap and saw this. My morning was full...running around trying to find the perfect half cap half chai with soy froth leaving room for some cinnamon and cream. Any idea how hard that is to find? How are we lazy? :open_mouth:

:D:D:D

Well obviously not all men are this way. It has just been my experience that guys from different parts of the country tend to act a bit different when it comes to dating.

I was kidding, of course, but I do tend to agree with you that some stereotypes hold true regionally.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I was kidding, of course, but I do tend to agree with you that some stereotypes hold true regionally.

I figured you were. :)

• gia_incognito
    gia_incognito Posts: 103 Member
    The guys I know in NY always complain about the women there. But, I'm sure men and women all over the country complain. :)

Men in the South pay me no attention. All of the guys I’ve dated were from NY. I’m not complaining though. The men from New York are hard workers. At least from my experience.

It is weird. I get tons of attention when I go to NY. Those guys are more aggressive. In the south also, but they are more gentlemanly. In Cali, I think a lot of guys are spoiled and lazy. Haha.

Is that my problem then, living in CA? Guys are too polite to approach? Smh. I'll be single forever. Lol.
  • nooshi713

Is that my problem then, living in CA? Guys are too polite to approach? Smh. I'll be single forever. Lol.

I don't know what their problem is. Lol. Good luck. You're beautiful btw.
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member

Guys in CA are too polite? I think you have the wrong state.
  • acnoyes

LOL! I am on one hand feeling that I should be defending my California brothers, but after some reflection I can't actually say anything that excuses some behavior I've seen amongst men (and women) where I live and work who put more value on how they think they are being seen by others than the impact they actually have on others.

I'm not sure that's restricted to California though...

😉
  • nooshi713

LOL! I am on one hand feeling that I should be defending my California brothers, but after some reflection I can't actually say anything that excuses some behavior I've seen amongst men (and women) where I live and work who put more value on how they think they are being seen by others than the impact they actually have on others.

😉

If you know you dont fit these negative stereotypes then you should just feel good. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    So I recently started posting and have gotten lots of "friend" requests. With gentleman then striking up a convo that quickly transpires into flirting/sexual overtones.

Am I wrong or is this a fitness site? Anyone else experience this?

I'm happy to make friends to talk about fitness/diet but that's about it. I don't want to be mean and block anyone but seriously, it feels like a bar here!

It's the internet...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

it's not, but to be honest... it's a more prevalent attitude in California.

( I know, I've lived in the Midwest, the Deep South, California and the Great American Southwest.)

California ...... it's different.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

😉

Defend those you know are actually polite and ignore the rest. I lived in California and can attest that most *people* (not just men) are rude as *kitten* compared to other parts of the country I have lived in. Not everyone, of course, but a lot of folks wouldn't even give you the time of day while I was living there.

Maybe it's also dependent on what part of Cali you live in?
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    People hit on people in weird types of places irl so why wudn't they hit on people online? People treat the internet as an extension of real life. So i'm not shocked when it happens. Also, people become bolder online than they wud irl.
  • gia_incognito
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    So I recently started posting and have gotten lots of "friend" requests. With gentleman then striking up a convo that quickly transpires into flirting/sexual overtones.

Am I wrong or is this a fitness site? Anyone else experience this?

I'm happy to make friends to talk about fitness/diet but that's about it. I don't want to be mean and block anyone but seriously, it feels like a bar here!

Hi Gia,

I checked out your MFP profile and then tried to find you on FB, IG and SC. I think we could be good friends.

How you do-in'?

SC? You found my soundcloud? Wow you dug deep lol.
  • gia_incognito
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    People hit on people in weird types of places irl so why wudn't they hit on people online? People treat the internet as an extension of real life. So i'm not shocked when it happens. Also, people become bolder online than they wud irl.

Now dudes are trying to get my # on the Fitbit app. *eye roll* People will use any excuse.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member

Now dudes are trying to get my # on the Fitbit app. *eye roll* People will use any excuse.

They sure wiil. Maybe try posting a hideous profile pic & see if that helps to keep the dudes at bay.
  • kroe4
    kroe4 Posts: 111 Member
    edited July 2018
    Just start your posts with ..150 lbs to loose, seems to work for me keeping creepers away. Maybe I'll have this problem closer to goal. :D:D:D:D

Aw, yeah. And my profile picture was Sherman Clump for a while, so that probably helped.
  • acnoyes
    Motorsheen wrote: »

it's not, but to be honest... it's a more prevalent attitude in California.

( I know, I've lived in the Midwest, the Deep South, California and the Great American Southwest.)

California ...... it's different.

Yes...yes it is...lol!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i get it a lot.
    i do not accept requests if the man only has female friends. if they start on that, they are immediately deleted.