Booty Workout ideas!

I'm trying to build da booty! :) Any workouts that have worked for you ladies or gents? Give me some ideas! :)

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Heavy deadlifts and squats. Sprinting.

Search the forum for other opinions - it's been discussed a lot.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Squats, squats, squats
  • Nama_Slay38
    Nama_Slay38 Posts: 178 Member
    Nutrition...Nutrition.... Nutrition...

Deads, weighted lunges, split leg weighted lunges, you want to be able to have a very strong core, ( this I learned from experience) helps with building all areas.. not always about the bootay, hammies too, gotta work the hammies!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Strong Curves and eating in a surplus. Maintenance could work a bit too.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I do squats, deadlifts, and glute bridges with heavy weights when I go to the gym. Sometimes I add single leg/split leg lunges or hip thrusts.
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Bret Contreras is the man.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Thank you all for the ideas! :) I've been doing workouts that I've found online and they mostly consist of squats and lunges. I'm not eating in a surplus or maintenance bc atm I'm trying to lose a little bit more weight.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Thank you all for the ideas! :) I've been doing workouts that I've found online and they mostly consist of squats and lunges. I'm not eating in a surplus or maintenance bc atm I'm trying to lose a little bit more weight.

Glute growth in a deficit will be more about maintaining what you have vs growing it. Not to say you can't make some progress but significant growth just won't happen.
    Make sure your workouts are progressing with time. I would recommend following a program (as I mentioned Strong Curves by Bret Contreras is amazing).
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    look up strong curves... I just checked it out from the library and I didn't know this going in, but it's basically all about building a better butt lol. I know it's called "strong curves" but I didn't realize it would be so butt focused. It is a full body workout but with more focus on the lower body/glutes mainly. Google it and look at results as well, and read reviews on amazon.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Will do ladies. :) I know I may need to wait until after I lose the weight to build this butt. Lol.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Strong Curves
  • lisaq82
    lisaq82 Posts: 1 Member
    Resistance bands are great to get the glutes fired up before u start your squats , deadlifts etc..
    I usually do 3 sets of 25 fire hydrants and kickbacks then crab walks .. then Iโ€™d recommend pyramid sets on squats and deadlifts and leg press using different foot placements .. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    And if you're bored of all the usual stuff everyone else has mentioned: biking, rollerskating/blading/derby, karate (most traditional martial arts).
    I kid you not, pushing out a quick 6-10 miles on skates one session a week lifts and rounds your *kitten* in no time!
    A good spinning session or proper outdoor biking at pace (not a leisurely hug the trees effort) will also sort it out. Bonus, they are much more fun and require alot more sustained effort without feeling like you're working out and are less boring than gym work, also all 3 work your entire body the entire time so when you go to the gym you can concentrate on upper body as lower body is all catered for.

;) i might be slightly biased, i love squats but my backside has never changed shape doing them. Compare that to 3 10 mile sessions on the skates and... skating wins.

• mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Started a 30day squat challenge yesterday and my inner thighs are soooooo sore. As well as my booty. And the rest of my thighs.... and the lower abdominal region was aching when I woke up. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    Good kind of ache.

I like squats.

As long as it's not burpees....
    Burpees and I have a real hate/hate relationship. Pretty sure they hate me as much as I hate them.
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    You can also follow Brett on Insta. He posts some great info and tips. Hip thrusts are really amazing.
  • nanezl
    nanezl Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to loose fat, lost 30lbs so far, doing Les Mills body pump and being in a calorie deficit. I've lost my booty! It still has a good shape but is small. I would love to get my butt bigger and continue to loose weight. Guess that will have to wait!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Squats and hip thrusts.