MFP - Fitness site or pick-up bar?

Replies

• gia_incognito
    gia_incognito Posts: 103 Member
    I'm still on MFP and haven't been picked up yet...this place is gonna lose it's reputation!

Hey good lookin, what's cookin ;)
  • acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    acnoyes wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    The guys I know in NY always complain about the women there. But, I'm sure men and women all over the country complain. :)

Men in the South pay me no attention. All of the guys I’ve dated were from NY. I’m not complaining though. The men from New York are hard workers. At least from my experience.

It is weird. I get tons of attention when I go to NY. Those guys are more aggressive. In the south also, but they are more gentlemanly. In Cali, I think a lot of guys are spoiled and lazy. Haha.

Is that my problem then, living in CA? Guys are too polite to approach? Smh. I'll be single forever. Lol.

Guys in CA are too polite? I think you have the wrong state.

LOL! I am on one hand feeling that I should be defending my California brothers, but after some reflection I can't actually say anything that excuses some behavior I've seen amongst men (and women) where I live and work who put more value on how they think they are being seen by others than the impact they actually have on others.

I'm not sure that's restricted to California though...

😉

Defend those you know are actually polite and ignore the rest. I lived in California and can attest that most *people* (not just men) are rude as *kitten* compared to other parts of the country I have lived in. Not everyone, of course, but a lot of folks wouldn't even give you the time of day while I was living there.

Maybe it's also dependent on what part of Cali you live in?

I think there is a definite difference between NorCal and SoCal. I am a NorCal guy so I lean more toward tree hugging, meditation, and composting whereas my brethren from SoCal may be more interested in their cars, the frosted tip accents in their hair, and the newest, hippest restaurant in Hollywood...I mean, that seems to be the image California has...and where there is smoke, there might just be a little fire...
  • gia_incognito
    gia_incognito Posts: 103 Member
    The guys I know in NY always complain about the women there. But, I'm sure men and women all over the country complain. :)

Men in the South pay me no attention. All of the guys I’ve dated were from NY. I’m not complaining though. The men from New York are hard workers. At least from my experience.

It is weird. I get tons of attention when I go to NY. Those guys are more aggressive. In the south also, but they are more gentlemanly. In Cali, I think a lot of guys are spoiled and lazy. Haha.

Is that my problem then, living in CA? Guys are too polite to approach? Smh. I'll be single forever. Lol.

LOL! I am on one hand feeling that I should be defending my California brothers, but after some reflection I can't actually say anything that excuses some behavior I've seen amongst men (and women) where I live and work who put more value on how they think they are being seen by others than the impact they actually have on others.

😉

Defend those you know are actually polite and ignore the rest. I lived in California and can attest that most *people* (not just men) are rude as *kitten* compared to other parts of the country I have lived in. Not everyone, of course, but a lot of folks wouldn't even give you the time of day while I was living there.

I think there is a definite difference between NorCal and SoCal. I am a NorCal guy so I lean more toward tree hugging, meditation, and composting whereas my brethren from SoCal may be more interested in their cars, the frosted tip accents in their hair, and the newest, hippest restaurant in Hollywood...I mean, that seems to be the image California has...and where there is smoke, there might just be a little fire...

HAHAHAHA. Btw I'm a a leo :)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

😉

Ugh! Why couldn't I have lived there! I got stuck in the desert in SoCal for three years and it was definitely a more self-absorbed culture (both men and women). Either that or everyone being overly concerned with being.. you know, poor because the desert cities are mostly forgotten by Cali as a whole.

Also, ha ha.. it's California: It's always on fire.. somewhere. :lol:
  • acnoyes

😉

Taurus, here on the cusp with Gemini, the moon in waxing with Venus rising...

😜

(I'm actually pretty sure none of that is a thing, but I heard someone say something like that in a market here one day...At first I wasn't even sure it was English)
  • acnoyes

😉

Ugh! Why couldn't I have lived there! I got stuck in the desert in SoCal for three years and it was definitely a more self-absorbed culture (both men and women). Either that or everyone being overly concerned with being.. you know, poor because the desert cities are mostly forgotten by Cali as a whole.

Also, ha ha.. it's California: It's always on fire.. somewhere. :lol:

All your comments are on point! We have a desert in California??? 😂
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member

😉

Leos like attention so you got it off this site. Embrace it.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    OP, you are stunning, I mean I’m not saying it’s okay I’m just saying I see why.

Thanks doll :smiley: The funny thing is that no one talks to me or approaches me irl. *shruggie*

because its easier for someone to hide behind a avatar and a screen name and type things out rather than approach and get shot down ;)

So what? It is not the end of the world. If a man is really interested, he should approach.

I do this all the time.....the women's husbands always give me such dirty looks....but hey, let her choose right? Lol

Lol. I dont think you are serious.

But I didnt mean approach a woman who is with someone.

I am over here thinking no men want all of this because they rarely ever approach me. Some people swear they are just shy. I am thinking they are not interested.

I think many men have these big egos that they don’t want shot down. Many times I’ve heard them say “oh she’s out of my league” or “I’m not her type”. I can see why men would think this of you. Just in the way you word your sentences and carry yourself, you come across as very confident, sure of yourself, which equates to intimidating for some. However it’s not really a loss for you. Would you really be interested in a man who desires you, but isn’t brave enough to tell you? My guess is probably not.

Am I the only person who thinks the notion of a "league" is a silly concept in the first place when it comes to interacting with other humans?

in regards to myself, I prefer the statement of: " I out-kicked my coverage. "

That's what I tell people, when they can't believe I am with my wife.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I dunno, it's kinda like a salad bar. Sometimes it changes, other times it's the same, sometimes it's not always fresh, sometimes wilty lettuce.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Teamleslie wrote: »
    Yes and the time. I dont see an option to block people who are not your friends from messaging you. I think any online site is used for dating.

I have played a number of multiplayer online games as well and EVERY one of them had a general chat function that was filled with innuendo and ham fisted attempts at flirting...it's hilarious for awhile, but gets old after the first 30 minutes...

There is just a different level of "bravery" when you have nothing really at stake.

My son actually met his wife through an online games. He moved across the country to be with her. They have been together for 8 years no
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i get it a lot.
    i do not accept requests if the man only has female friends. if they start on that, they are immediately deleted.

But dudes don't send me friend requests!. . It's not my fault!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i get it a lot.
    i do not accept requests if the man only has female friends. if they start on that, they are immediately deleted.

maybe you need a more salacious profile pic
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    OP, you are stunning, I mean I’m not saying it’s okay I’m just saying I see why.

Thanks doll :smiley: The funny thing is that no one talks to me or approaches me irl. *shruggie*

because its easier for someone to hide behind a avatar and a screen name and type things out rather than approach and get shot down ;)

So what? It is not the end of the world. If a man is really interested, he should approach.

i wouldnt know, i never approached a women in person before. all my past ex's has either approached me, or had someone tell me that they are interested

You should get out of your comfort zone. You're a hottie, be confident in that.

that will require me going to a bar and finding skanks. no thanks xD

Whys that have to require that? Meet up groups, social events. Doesn’t have to be a bar

cause thats the new york thing to do

BAHAHAHA
    Try a different part of NY.....

Bars work, but up in my part of the state, it's the festivals, and ahem.... Wegman's. :D
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Haha “how you doing?” >:)

Damn I don't get messages like these :( what am i doing wrong?

Sorry hot stuff, I have been super busy. I will get back on it.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    i get it a lot.

maybe you need a more salacious profile pic

Are you saying that my expertly photo-shopped wolverine hand is driving dudes away from wanting to be my friend?
  • tinak33

I think many men have these big egos that they don’t want shot down. Many times I’ve heard them say “oh she’s out of my league” or “I’m not her type”. I can see why men would think this of you. Just in the way you word your sentences and carry yourself, you come across as very confident, sure of yourself, which equates to intimidating for some. However it’s not really a loss for you. Would you really be interested in a man who desires you, but isn’t brave enough to tell you? My guess is probably not.

Yes you're right. I wonder how people date then if men never approach a woman. Lol

You say something to them! That’s how I met my other half. He was starring me down at a bar. His friend walked past me to go to the bathroom. I grabbed his arm and said “do me a favor tell your friend to either grow a pair and come talk to me, or stop starring. He’s starting to freak me out.” He laughed his *kitten* off. Then told my now fiancé. Who did end up coming over to talk to me.

I <3 this.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

i wouldnt know, i never approached a women in person before. all my past ex's has either approached me, or had someone tell me that they are interested

You should get out of your comfort zone. You're a hottie, be confident in that.

that will require me going to a bar and finding skanks. no thanks xD

Whys that have to require that? Meet up groups, social events. Doesn’t have to be a bar

cause thats the new york thing to do

BAHAHAHA
    Try a different part of NY.....

Bars work, but up in my part of the state, it's the festivals, and ahem.... Wegman's. :D

im a city boy, anything outside of the city is either canada or jersey xD

Hahaha
    Not Canada.... close though. About 1.5 hrs away... moving to wine country though.

No pickups at the bar. Maybe the winery?
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I'm not gonna lie. I used to try to pick up women on here. I kept it strictly about fitness though.

"Hey baby... talk progressive overload to me." 🤓