What things are you irrational about?

Replies

• Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    teeth on silverware... I have wanted to strangle my children over this one...
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Ankle pants.

I'm pretty tall and I spent most of my youth and early adulthood in too-short pants because longer inseams for women just weren't common.

I will not wear ankle pants, I don't care how trendy they are.

I know this one and I agree.

I also don't think they look "cute" as a fashion statement. Ugh.

Oh nooooooooo

I love my "mom" jeans that come to my ankles and I have a pair of herringbone ankle-pants that I wear to work semi-regularly

My legs are too long to make them look remotely cute. :neutral:

And I got teased a lot for it when I was younger. Capris are okay.. but I'll stay with bell bottom jeans and shorts, lol.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    My husband and the scrapping of his fork on the dinner plate while eating...I have had to leave the room until he is done. He gets ticked off thinking I am just a complainer but it drives me nuts. I wish he would use plastic cutlery:)
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    teeth on silverware... I have wanted to strangle my children over this one...
    kds10 wrote: »
    My husband and the scrapping of his fork on the dinner plate while eating...I have had to leave the room until he is done. He gets ticked off thinking I am just a complainer but it drives me nuts. I wish he would use plastic cutlery:)

Both of those. Any eating noise, really.

Also, bad grammar annoys me way more than it probably should. You saw it, you didn’t seen it, etc.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Ankle pants.

I'm pretty tall and I spent most of my youth and early adulthood in too-short pants because longer inseams for women just weren't common.

Oh nooooooooo

I love my "mom" jeans that come to my ankles and I have a pair of herringbone ankle-pants that I wear to work semi-regularly

My legs are too long to make them look remotely cute. :neutral:

And I got teased a lot for it when I was younger. Capris are okay.. but I'll stay with bell bottom jeans and shorts, lol.

Ditto. On me you get ankle plus about 5" of calf. I still end up looking like I'm prepared for the floodwaters to rise.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Wet feet.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Damp dishtowels. It just feels gross.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Ankle pants.

Tall girl here too. I will roll jeans up at the cuff to make them ankle length but if they aren't rolled up I can't wear them. Too many years of wearing too short of pants traumatized me. Sleeves too, hate 3/4 length sleeves cause that's what long sleeves end up being
  • KosmosKitten
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Ankle pants.

Tall girl here too. I will roll jeans up at the cuff to make them ankle length but if they aren't rolled up I can't wear them. Too many years of wearing too short of pants traumatized me. Sleeves too, hate 3/4 length sleeves cause that's what long sleeves end up being

Pfft.. I won't roll up my jeans. I refuse to. I will let those bad boys drag the ground until I die because my mother made it a POINT to make fun of my "high water" pants, even though she refused to buy me jeans that fit.

Rebellion is real, yo.
  • AliNouveau
    Water splashing on me. Hate it
    I've an irrational fear of jumping into water.
    I can't eat sausage cause the weird hard bits make me wonder what the hell is in them
    I can forgive most grammatical errors but hate when people say "I seen" or instead of dragged say drug or when people use went instead of gone.
  • KosmosKitten
    I can't eat sausage cause the weird hard bits make me wonder what the hell is in them
    I can forgive most grammatical errors but hate when people say "I seen" or instead of dragged say drug or when people use went instead of gone.

The weird hard bits in sausage are usually bone. :grimace:

*cough* Let me axe you a question, yo.
  • AliNouveau

Thst doesn't make it any better. Why are there bones in there?

I can deal with axe. I used to know a woman who would get fustrated. That was kinda funny
  • KosmosKitten

I can deal with axe. I used to know a woman who would get fustrated. That was kinda funny

Acceptable levels of debris allowed in meat products? I dunno. I agree with you. I HATE those little boney bits. YUCK!

I dunno, "axe" always bothered me... and "seen" and a million other things. I keep my mouth shut most of the time, though.
  • AliNouveau

Acceptable levels of debris allowed in meat products? I dunno. I agree with you. I HATE those little boney bits. YUCK!

I dunno, "axe" always bothered me... and "seen" and a million other things. I keep my mouth shut most of the time, though.

I never correct people on those grammar errors. If someone said I seen something I'd reply with oh I saw that too but they never get the point....or maybe they think I'm the one who is wrong
  • KosmosKitten

I never correct people on those grammar errors. If someone said I seen something I'd reply with oh I saw that too but they never get the point....or maybe they think I'm the one who is wrong

I don't correct people. I just have an "inner cringe moment". I'm not tactless. Judgmental, sure.. tactless? No.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited July 2018
    Public pools and locker rooms. I will not step foot in either. I see woman at my mom’s water therapy class walk around the locker room barefoot *dry heaves*.

When people assume I’m my mother’s HHA. There’s a racial undertones to it. You’d think after 10 years of being her caregiver I would be used to it, but it still annoys me.

• Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Racial assumptions of any kind.
  • AliNouveau

I don't correct people. I just have an "inner cringe moment". I'm not tactless. Judgmental, sure.. tactless? No.

Surprisingly, well perhaps not, I'm quite tactless at times. Always have been one to say whatever. But with grammar stuff who cares