40’s women..looking for others/accountability

13»

Replies

• bestlife42
    bestlife42 Posts: 36 Member
    I first joined mfp when I was 42yrs old and lost 100 lbs with the support of friends on here and a lifestyle change. The past year has been a struggle for a few reasons and the scale started to go in the opposite direction. It scared me to see the scale creep up. I have about 40 lbs to lose and I am determined to achieve my goal. It is a little bit harder this time around but I am not giving up. I wish I lost the weight sooner like in my 20's or even 30's. I heard 40 is the new 30 anyway so I guess it's all good. lol :smiley:
  • melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    Well, I'm back at it. I started my journey in January of 2016 and had an amazing year. I lost 90 lbs in the first year. Then I crashed. My dad became sick, my daughter was struggling with anxiety at school and my whole year just shifted. I gave up everything I was doing and gained 50 lbs of it back! :(

My brother is getting married in less than a month and my bridesmaid dress barely fits and I'm miserable. 12 days ago, I started doing what I did last year. I'm down 8 lbs and I don't intend to stop. I was only 25 lbs from my goal weight a year ago and now I have 66 lbs more to go.

I'm trying not to get down about the fact that I let everything slide. Doing all this at 42 is so much harder than when I was younger. I was exercising more regularly last year and now I'm struggling to get back to my 10,000 steps a day!

Being on MFP helps keep me accountable as I was tracking all my food watching myself better.

So here's hoping that by this time next year I can celebrate reaching my goal weight!
  • Runningfurmom
    Runningfurmom Posts: 5 Member
    46 here. Just rejoined after taking a bit okay a huge break which resulted in me gaining 20lbs back. No not a lot but I’m not even 5’ so it’s a lot on a small frame. Would love some friends to keep me motivated. Enjoy running. Do yoga on tuesdays and martial arts style cardio on sundays. I’m active but man love food and wine and beer. None of which I plan on depriving myself of. I just keep telling myself moderation. This mid 40’s perimenapause is for the birds!
  • amanda7271
    amanda7271 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 47 and always have been off and on mfp. Well back again to log all my food. I need to lose 25 pounds that I've gained over the years. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jonalicia2503
    jonalicia2503 Posts: 23 Member
    46 here. Lost 60 pounds but been going up and down for the past 6 months, so frustrating. Want to lost another 25 but so thought. Seem to be at a stand still right now. Definitely need some motivation as well
  • MELinTexas2018
    MELinTexas2018 Posts: 23 Member
    you are more than welcome to add me. 47 and 5 years post-hyster. i got pregnant when i was 42 and lost the baby in 2nd trimester and had my hyster 3 mos later. it was he** on my body. i have gained about 80 lbs since then. ready for a change!!! <3<3<3<3
  • Nama_Slay38
    Nama_Slay38 Posts: 178 Member
    38 here! Feel free to add!
  • donna2712
    donna2712 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi, I'm 47 and 2 years post chemo for bowel cancer. For nearly 3 years I sat on my butt and wondered why I was getting bigger. But I am all clear and ready to change my life. I have realised I am a sugar addict so I have tried the whole cut it from your life thing, but that just made my binges worse as my mind was making me hoard the sugar when i was weak. So I hit 124kg (273 pounds) and decided to make a mental change. Instead of worrying about my weight, I worried more about my health and fitness.

I joined a gym 2 months ago and concentrated on making that part of my life and not stressing so much about the food or my weight, just about being able to workout without fear of passing out or having a heart attack. I am down to 120kg (264 pounds) with just he gym work and now that gym and fitness is routine it is time to concentrate on the food.

Because I binge I know I cannot buy myself "treats" when I shop, however, I allow myself to have a treat while I am out or have desert when out to dinner with friends and family. I worry about what I can control at home and not what I can't control out of my home.

I have a friend who joined the gym at the same time and we both have an apple watch and we love seeing each other's progress and workouts on the watches as it makes each of us realise if she can do it so can I.

Anyway, I suppose this long winded me me me post was just a way of introducing myself and saying I am happy to be added as a friend and lets all try and meet our goals together :smiley:
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I’m 47! Hi!!! ***waves***. :smiley:
  • ThatFunnyFatGurl
    ThatFunnyFatGurl Posts: 18 Member
    Please add
  • busybears2005
    busybears2005 Posts: 18 Member
    Hello everyone! I’m 44 and am looking for some friends that are as well in the same boat. Need to make myself accountable to keep myself motivated. Maybe with some challenges as well. If interested, please add me.
  • rainykatie
    rainykatie Posts: 91 Member
    Hi all, I turned 40 a few months ago. I have struggled with weight throughout my adult life, but in my late 20's I lost 35 pounds, got to a healthy weight, and kept it off for over 6 years. Until I got pregnant. I ended up 20 lbs heavier after my first baby and then packed on another 20 lbs after my second baby. Now that second baby is 3 and I am ready to get back to a healthy weight! Over the last 8 months or so I have lost 20 lbs, and I'd be pretty happy with another 15 or so which will put me into a healthy BMI. I'm not trying to attain some unreasonable high school weight or anything, I am totally cool with the fact that my body has changed after my pregnancies. I'm also totally cool with carrying a small amount of extra weight if it means I can enjoy life and eat chocolate and drink wine from time to time without stressing out. Really though- I just want to be as healthy as I can be.

I seem to have reached a motivational standstill though, so I'd love some more friends on here to share in this journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend!

• natalie89104
    natalie89104 Posts: 1 Member
    Just turned 41 and legit burst into tears today when I realized the scale hasn't budged at all in 5 weeks. Hubs looked like a deer caught in the headlights. Exercising in straight up beast mode 4 to 5 times a week and logging calories but I'm sure I'm miscalculation something somewhere. And for some reason, the weight seems to be gathering around my middle?! Wtf!?
  • mmayesa
    mmayesa Posts: 1 Member
    Thought I was having a great summer - get on scale at a weigh in - doc is happy says - hey you're maintaining well but I want to be losing!!
  • barbsintx
    barbsintx Posts: 9 Member
    Hello everyone I am 49 and struggle with my weight I weigh less now than I have in over 15 years but now that I see it can be done I am so stoked to make it even better so someone please push me to the limit how can be helped I don’t know how to add friends or anything I am new to the community groups here I have been logging my food for about 15 days. But I had a binge weekend of “junk food “ this past weekend and yes I paid for it on the scale. PLEASE HELPPPPP
  • happymom24
    happymom24 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm 43 and would love to lose 40 lbs. I've started and stopped so many times but this time needs to be it! DH lost 100 lbs 5 years ago on MFP (while I was pregnant and gaining weight!), So he gets it, but it's not the same. I'd love some female friends to do this with and keep each other motivated!
  • hduke1977
    hduke1977 Posts: 7 Member
    Turning 41 this month, have about 100 pounds to lose. Realized last week that I need some support and motivation if I am going to make it work this time!

I'd love to connect with others on this journey. Please feel free to add me.
  • kstachowiak
    kstachowiak Posts: 2 Member
    I also struggle with my weight. I am 48 and want to lose 15 lbs. I am weighing my food, food prepping, working out daily with weights and doing cardio. I just feel like I shouldn't have to be doing this. Why is it I see others eat what they wants. Yes, most don't have the body I want either. I guess I wonder sometimes if I should be this strict with myself, but I am so frustrated looking the way I do. Want to buy fun sexy clothes
  • woozeymagic
    woozeymagic Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2018
    48 here - lost 35kg then 3 years ago it lol went to mud and I am right back where I started. I start each day but fall down before days end - I used to exercise but haven’t done that for over a year - I have a full home gym! Anyone wanting to be accountable with me would be fine :-) I know how to do this but would love someone to journey with me