Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited February 2018
    newmeadow wrote: »
    urloved33 wrote: »
    it sounds like if a "girl' wants you to ask her out than anywhere and anytime is fine...but if she does not NO WHERE NOR AT ANY TIME is it acceptable. good luck guys.

But what if the girl is smiling and appearing to be looking at the guy? So the guy goes up to her and smiles and says hello and she calls the police on him and squirts him in the face with pepper spray because he was being inappropriate and making her feel uncomfortable. Turns out she was only smiling at her own reflection in the mirror directly behind him and he didn't know.

good point. I guess you have to measure..."is this worth the risk?"

I think this is where MGTOW steps in...

MGTOW??? means????

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited February 2018
    I think he should approach her and communicate his interest in her through a choreographed jazz routine

he could always have the front desk use the pa system - that's safe!

• PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    it sounds like if a "girl' wants you to ask her out than anywhere and anytime is fine...but if she does not NO WHERE NOR AT ANY TIME is it acceptable. good luck guys.

But what if the girl is smiling and appearing to be looking at the guy? So the guy goes up to her and smiles and says hello and she calls the police on him and squirts him in the face with pepper spray because he was being inappropriate and making her feel uncomfortable. Turns out she was only smiling at her own reflection in the mirror directly behind him and he didn't know.

Some of us have built up quite a tolerance to pepper spray.

Why doesn't this surprise me?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    dgpvzhlywz5a.gif
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Page 17 and still no cat GIFs?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    Page 17 and still no cat GIFs?

you're right, sorry; here:

giphy.gif
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,402 Member
    smile and hope she finishes her workout at the same time
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I've always liked the very subtle...

Do you know how to use that thing little lady?

While trying to deepen my voice more than naturally :lol:
  • ZQGainz
    ZQGainz Posts: 58 Member
    😎
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Smile and nod at her. Maybe use the machine next to her and start conversation. Or just man up and ask her if she wants to grab a drink at the juice bar. I like forward men so 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Maybe just make small talk and see if she is receptive
  • DeeBrown173
    DeeBrown173 Posts: 114 Member
    I would normally recommend not to but if you really want the person bad enough then just catch them between their set and make small talk
  • Teamleslie
    Teamleslie Posts: 112 Member
    Dont
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Gym is not for picking up women, if your there for that, your there for the wrong reasons
  • findingmb
    findingmb Posts: 17 Member
    Defo don't - I had a strange(ish) guy follow me round the gym recently trying to engage in chat and it was weird. I don't even know if he was trying an approach or just keen for a chat but my general rule is I don't want to talk at the gym, or meet new people, or be hit on. I just want to work out.

I can't speak for others but it can make a safe great place feel rubbish.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Best from the front or the side, stopping at a safe minimal distance of 5 ft for no more than 2 seconds before you get back to doing what you're there to do in the first place - lift and let lift.
  • Josh_From_Louisiana
    Josh_From_Louisiana Posts: 42 Member
    I would have to go with don’t!! I am certain that 99% of the women in the gym are there just for the purpose of working out. The gym is not a good place to approach women. Just workout and let them work out.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Gym is not a place to get exercise for third leg.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Certainly not during a workout! Maybe in the parking lot or on your way out. I suggest no body, technique and personal fitness related comments. Simply say Hi, how are you? Or have you tried the new weight machine? If she's interested she will engage you in conversation, maybe not at that instance, but eventually if you see her repeatedly.

She will probably also notice if you are doing this with all the ladies. Be selective and non-creepy!