JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ Round 47

Replies

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,410 Member
    This morning I bought a protein bar called 'protein blast' it has about 20 grams of protein in it. I usually don't buy or eat protein bars and I wasn't sure if it's something to eat in one day (maybe cut into 2) or if I should cut it in half and eat one half today and another half tom. It seems like a lot for a 28 year old female, maybe something more for a male body then a female body. If anyone could maybe give me some suggestions on protein bars that are more suitable for women or is this normal in a protein bars? ...also if it is ok to eat the whole thing in one day.
  • denswrex
    denswrex Posts: 243 Member
    jaccimc63 wrote: »
    Female, 54, 5 ft. 6in.

OSW: 186 (March 2018)

End R40: 171 (-3)
    End R41: 170.5 (-.5)
    End R42: 168 (-2.5)
    End R43: 165 (-3)
    End R44: 163.5 (-1.5)
    End R45: 163 (-.5)
    End R46: 160 (-3)

Day/Weight/Comment
    7/17 - 159.5 - Nice start to the round. We've got out of town family coming in to stay with us tomorrow for 10 days. I hope I'm able to at least maintain this weight.
    7/18 - 160 - I guess I'm going to hang around here for a while.
    7/19 - 159.5 - Family came in, we had pizza and drinks, and I went a little over on my weight loss calories. I'm actually surprised this number is not higher. I'll take it.
    7/20 - 160 - Here's the number I was expecting yesterday.
    7/21 - 158.5 - I was not expecting this after last night! We had Chinese take out and drinks. I stayed pretty close to weight loss calories, but I thought the sodium would send my weight up. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
    7/22 - 158.5 - It's nice to see this number again.
    7/23 - 158.5 - I was a little hungover yesterday and barely had any steps for the day. I stuck to my weight loss calories though. If I can finish this round at this weight I'll be happy.
    7/24 - 159 - I was really good yesterday. No drinks, plenty of water, I guess the weekend caught up with me.
    7/25
    7/26

Still 2/3 more days til the round's done, you got this! We are almost mirroring!
  • denswrex
    denswrex Posts: 243 Member
    This morning I bought a protein bar called 'protein blast' it has about 20 grams of protein in it. I usually don't buy or eat protein bars and I wasn't sure if it's something to eat in one day (maybe cut into 2) or if I should cut it in half and eat one half today and another half tom. It seems like a lot for a 28 year old female, maybe something more for a male body then a female body. If anyone could maybe give me some suggestions on protein bars that are more suitable for women or is this normal in a protein bars? ...also if it is ok to eat the whole thing in one day.

I have a love/hate with protein bars, there are some good tasting ones out there that trigger my wanting another. I am sure there are opinions both ways as far as how much protein they have, but most bars I get have 14-20 grams. The yummy ones I eat a whole one, could not restrain to half, and honestly the only reason I eat them is because they taste like a treat. If I am just looking to boost my protein without a "craving" for something chewy/sweet/crunchy I usually choose siggi's yogurt (15g) or some scrambled egg whites or leftover grilled chicken breast.

To answer your question though, in my opinion it's ok to eat the whole thing, but based on my experience be cautious if you like them because for me they are a trigger food. This is a topic I'd love to hear the group's input on also...