first timer

Due to some medical probs, I need to lose weight. Used to be on Weight Watchers and it worked for me when i was young but I can't get back into it. I lost about 13 pounds just counting calories but seem to have plateaued already. A friend on Facebook mentioned this site and figured 'what harm can it do?' I'm hoping for weight loss before my next doctor's visit in October. I'm 58 years old and have one very bad knee and one replacement. I do have a stationary bike but it's very painful using it, so exercise isn't working for me. I'd appreciate words of wisdom, encouragement, and any suggestions you can give to help me along. Thanks!

Replies

• snazzycee
    snazzycee Posts: 61 Member
    First welcome to the site and I too have knee problem. But the one thing i have notice that helps is walking and elliptical is very good for knee problem. Add me if you like.
  • Welcome! I would recommend walking everyday. Start out slow and increase how long you walk. Try to do this everyday. Before you know it you will feel better and lose weight. It has taken me 3 years to lose 75 pounds. I find that if you exercise everyday even if it is for only 10 minutes it will make you feel better. Hope this helps. Remember to take one day at a time.