Old people probs

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    I forgot
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    You start drinking Gatorade for your hangovers, not so much for athletic performance lol.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    gn8v8s78zusd.png
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    edited July 2018
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I still listen to CD's in my car. I feel embarrassed about it though and so I scan the road to make sure no one is looking before I insert/eject those relics 🙄. Even worse, they're usually burned CD-R's. Napster mixtapes lol.

I used to makes backup copies of my CD's to keep in my car. That way, if the car was ever broken into, or the inside got too hot to warp the discs, I wasn't out the originals.

As to old people problems: I refuse to think I'm old, and keep doing events and activities people half my age do. It just takes me a bit longer to recover. ;)
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I turn 50 in 2 months, it's old age and ovaries.

You're not old! :)
  • Rocknut53
    striderb wrote: »
    I’m just going to stay quiet over here in the old people’s corner. Continue....

I'm in the corner with you and think these youngsters complain too much.
  • Rocknut53
    I'm 43 and a carry nitro pills now, like my father did

My son, 46, just a few months ago had a heart attack, while ice climbing in the back country. He's going to be fine, but with a family history of heart attacks and early death on his dad's side, it wasn't unexpected. Genetics can be a *kitten*, and you do what you have to do. Don't let it define you.
  • TurnuptheACDC
    TurnuptheACDC Posts: 318 Member
    edited July 2018
    Just wanted to take a peak into what my future may possibly look like. Kinda scared now lol
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    When eating out of your norm gives you massive stomach issues.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    Just wanted to take a peak into what my future may possibly look like. Kinda scared now lol
    None of us thought it would happen to us..... it.... WILL.... happen.... to..... you.
    One day some kid at the register will call you "Mam" (Sir), you suddenly will no longer understand why something is cool. You will say things like "When we were kids we didn't do anything THAT stupid." (You did but you didn't think it was stupid at the time.)

Then BAM! You hit your mid forties and just start talking about doctor's appointments and what foods give you less gas.

Moohahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahaaa!
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    The ma'am thing gets me. I know I have a few grays. I know I have some wrinkles. BUT, I am NOT a ma'am. My mama is (she's 88). Otherwise, yeah, aches, pains, tiredness-all part of it.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    empresssue wrote: »
    The ma'am thing gets me. I know I have a few grays. I know I have some wrinkles. BUT, I am NOT a ma'am. My mama is (she's 88). Otherwise, yeah, aches, pains, tiredness-all part of it.

You live up North - down here it's common to refer to every body as Ma'am - or Sir - just being polite
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    ecjim wrote: »
    You live up North - down here it's common to refer to every body as Ma'am - or Sir - just being polite
    I moved up to PA about 8 years ago, and I think the biggest culture shock has been women reacting negatively when I call them ma'am. I considered trying not to say it because I grew tired of explaining that it has nothing to do with age. That didn't really work, it's too ingrained lol
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    ecjim wrote: »
    empresssue wrote: »

That is very true. Realistically, I know it's a politeness thing, but still.....

Maybe I should tell them to get off my lawn :lol:
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    ... hey, when did this thread start? Damnit!
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    I remember being told to in the backyard catch that damn chicken ring its neck and bring it in for dinner!
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Are there actually any old people here?
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    Yep I'm Old!