taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm old too (sorry, was napping)

So, 2 & you, @LaDispute57
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    ecjim wrote: »
    empresssue wrote: »
    The ma'am thing gets me. I know I have a few grays. I know I have some wrinkles. BUT, I am NOT a ma'am. My mama is (she's 88). Otherwise, yeah, aches, pains, tiredness-all part of it.

You live up North - down here it's common to refer to every body as Ma'am - or Sir - just being polite

Yep. I call my 10 year old daughter ma'am. It's not a bad thing.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    This might have been mentioned before, but I am old and I repeat stuff.

Nose and ear hair. Seriously.... WHY?
  • taco_inspector
    edited July 2018
    DoubleUbea wrote: »

As a tactile reminder to keep your damned old fingers out of those orifices -- Don't nobody wanna see you picking those things (or wherever else you've got hair); that's why those hairs are coarse to begin with!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I never had a body ache, back ache, knee pain etc. until I turned 30. All of a sudden, everything hurts. LOL. I don't feel 30 is old though. My mom warned me that it is all downhill from 30.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Planning events and activities around how much sleep you will still be able to get.
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    When you get that first AARP card in the mail and you say no way I'm way to young then you see you get a movie ticket discount!
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Are there actually any old people here?

I suppose that depends on your definition of old.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    epr3996 wrote: »
    When you get that first AARP card in the mail and you say no way I'm way to young then you see you get a movie ticket discount!

:joy:

I get life insurance quotes in the mail all the time now. :smiley:
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    I've been a member of AARP for a number of years.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Junk mail for senior living housing. FIFTY-FIVE YEARS AND OLDER?!! That is so far.... oh no it isn't that far away.
  • epr3996
    When you get a Pension report saying if you retire now you will get $$$ and you forget to ever start saving enough for retirement!
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Sami488 wrote: »
    What do people consider old? Is there a certain age where you are then old or still young and ages where you are teetering between the two?

Dating 50ish something is considered 'robbing the cradle', that's old.
  • epr3996
    Swearing at your computer because your password is wrong and blaming the computer! That's Old people problems!
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Are there actually any old people here?

I resemble that remark! Mid sixties
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member

As a tactile reminder to keep your damned old fingers out of those orifices -- Don't nobody wanna see you picking those things (or wherever else you've got hair); that's why those hairs are coarse to begin with!

Yeah, but the dried up boogers get caught in the nose hair & blowing doesn't force them out.
  • taco_inspector

Yeah, but the dried up boogers get caught in the nose hair & blowing doesn't force them out.
    Sounds like you could use a "trim and mow" lesson from @TattooedDolphinGirl78 (just sayin')
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member

Sounds like you could use a "trim and mow" lesson from @TattooedDolphinGirl78 (just sayin')

You got her good with that one, I see. Nicely done : ;)
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    epr3996 wrote: »

:joy:

I get life insurance quotes in the mail all the time now. :smiley:

I get the mail about paying for my funeral - along with discounts