Being "Transformed" by the renewing of your mind (Focusing) success stories please

124»

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    I absolutely agree with you!

I had a co-worker that described it like this… he said his mind was like a magnifying glass. And what he thought about became bigger. If he thought about the problem…. then the problem became bigger. If he focused on the solution… then the solution became bigger.

The same thing is re-iterated in "The Secret." Whatever you think about… you bring about. If you think about debt… even if it's getting out of it… all the universe hears is DEBT. And that's what you find in your life is more and and more debt. But if you think about money or affluence. Then that's what you'll find in your life.

Personally, I find that my body will 100% obey what my mind tells it. If I start out going for a run and I find myself thinking "I can't do this," my body responds with "You're right. You can't." And it gives out on me. I'm done for in less than a mile. But if I start telling myself "I can and I will." Then my body responds with "Okay. Let's go." And it goes. And it keeps going. I was doing the Couch to 5k program and I was l looking at what my intervals looked like for that particular days run. And I started to freak the heck out. I was never going to be able to do this one! I was getting ready to bag it altogether. But I stepped back for a minute and started to think logically about it. I had a nice little conversation with myself… reminding myself that tons of people had followed the exact same program and they were able to do it. Why did I think I was so special? And I reminded myself that every day had been hard up to this point… but I'd still managed to do it. So, I took a deep a breath and decided to go run that morning. And I'm in the middle of one of the running intervals, and I'm feeling it. And I'm wondering if I can keep going. So, I reminded myself of everything I had had to tell myself in my earlier mental conversation. I pulled out all my positive thinking mantras that I had seen on Pinterest. And I kept going. I finished the interval and I finished the workout. And I realized that morning that my body really would 100% obey my mind. It was an emotional moment for me. I actually teared up. And I started realizing how much trouble I could have saved myself in my life if I would have learned that a long time ago!

Oh BOY, I appreciate this post soooooo much---you've blessed me (and undoubtedly many other who will read this) tremendously with what you've shared here...THANK YOU so much for posting!!!!!!!! <3o:)<3

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    kasaz wrote: »
    One of the things I've been doing this time around is incorporating tips from the Beck Diet Solution. I give myself "credit" for every success. These include following my food plan and staying within my calories, daily exercise, etc. A few of her other ideas that have helped include "No Choice". Instead of waffling back and forth, thinking should I have it, should I not. I just tell myself, "No Choice", I'll follow my plan. This doesn't mean I can't have a treat sometimes, but I don't want to do battle with myself every time I see something I might like. She also suggests writing down the reasons you want to lose weight on individual cards and reading thru them each day. It's a good reminder. Easy things, but sometimes the easy things are best.

I also love the Beck Diet Solution, and it has helped me overcome a lot of my emotional eating. Highly recommend it.

On the exercise side, I never could commit until I did C25K. The feeling of accomplishment in being able to do a measurable amount each time was a great feeling. I also find the changes in the mirror help reinforce what I am doing and make me want to keep at it. Even if you don't like charts, graphs, and numbers, setting a big goal and little goals along the way can give you a great sense of satisfaction. I love checking off another accomplishment from my list!

Ya know, I "think" someone gave me that Beck Diet Solution book, I skimmed over it--but will check it out. Also, I appreciate you mentioning C25K too. I gave that a half hearted try a couple of years ago, but will revisit that too. THANK YOU so much for posting! <3

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    This is the best thread. Thank you everyone.
    What I have been doing is saying thank you to my body. It is how I practice mindfulness.

aygf2thun42k.jpg

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NH_1970 wrote: »
    There was a poster on here that talked about mini goals, so I did that. I have 8 lbs to go to my mini goal is reached. I'm a previous 'all or nothing' kind of thinker but that really really hasn't worked for me so the mini goals do, so I'm practicing patience and acceptance and turtling it along LOL and my God helps my head space/thinking out. So upping my water intake has helped me feel good. Eating well and trying to stick to whole foods or as whole as I can get foods has helped. Walking has helped me. Lifting weights-light ones for now, and tai chi. I've lost 25 lbs in total so far.
    Mostly the if I fall off I get back up dust myself off and just do it instead of punishing myself through guilt or shame, I'm a human bean we are a messy lot and that's okay, I am just not going to give up this time.

<3<3o:)<3<3 LOVE this post, everything you've said and especially

"I'm a previous 'all or nothing' kind of thinker but that really really hasn't worked for me so the mini goals do, so I'm practicing patience and acceptance and turtling it along LOL and my God helps my head space/thinking out."

Thank you so much for posting this, it's VERY helpful and encouraging!

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    TracyV125 wrote: »
    For the first time in my life I felt determined. I discovered that going for a long walk with my favorite music was therapeutic. Once I was losing the weight I had more energy. I started asking my 12 year old son to go on adventures with me. We found new places to go walking/hiking and I realized that I fell in love with the outdoors. I downloaded the C25K app and taught myself to run. Never in my life did I think I'd love going for a run.

Believe in yourself. Set a goal and don't let anyone or anything bring you down. Tell yourself you can and you will accomplish your goal.

Thank you so much for this! <3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    RodaRose wrote: »
    This is the best thread. Thank you everyone.
    What I have been doing is saying thank you to my body. It is how I practice mindfulness.

aygf2thun42k.jpg

What a tremendous post----just EXCELLENT!!!! Thank you <3<3o:)<3<3

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited July 2018
    I was looking thru my HUGE number of posts, since starting here 6+ years ago :# and wanted to "resuscitate" this old thread from 3+ years ago, because it was so encouraging to/for back then and means so much more to me today. Re-reading this old thread is so very helpful to me and getting me re-acquainted with some good-ole fashioned "focus" I kinda forgot about this and how refreshing it is to reconsider and add this into my mix of CHANGE in my life since restarting my mission of getting healthier and looking/feeling so much better-YAY. Also to get more replies (bumping).

Today, o:) I'm 54lbs down o:) and though 54lbs down might not sound like a HUGE accomplishment for me it SUPER is. When I joined 6+ years ago, my goal was to lose 50lbs and I'm thrilled with the changes happening in my life and seeing and FEELING these unwanted/excess pounds/ounces/inches decrease from off/outta my body. I literally "feel" myself getting slimmer and trimmer and again, it "feels/looks so GOOD. WOW, when I started this post, I was obese. Today, I'm overweight and just 12 (or so) pounds from being the "high-side" of so-called normal weight---THAT'S AMAZING AND UTTERLY DELIGHTFUL for/to me. My new goal is to get down to 153-154lbs. ) I'll re-evaluate my goals once I reach 153lbs to see if I'll strive for 130-140lbs or stay in the 150's. I'm 165.8lbs today, uhhh WOW!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!