Old people probs

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I never had a body ache, back ache, knee pain etc. until I turned 30. All of a sudden, everything hurts. LOL. I don't feel 30 is old though. My mom warned me that it is all downhill from 30.

Don't worry - you have a couple years left
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Im pretty sure now that Im older, time is different... a week, month, year is so much faster than it used to be.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    When the cardiologist calls in the middle of your self love time.

Maybe he was concerned about your elevated heart rate.
  • fitnessgoalzzzzzz
    fitnessgoalzzzzzz Posts: 23 Member
    When you need bifocals to see anything and everything is still blurry
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Being called "lady"... "You're such a nice lady." Not a bfd at the end of the day. This probably belongs in the irrational thread..
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    When you start receiving senior discounts at various restaurants. Love the discount at Dunkin Donuts.
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    When you can’t have a giggle without a piddle :o

(Not myself personally 😜)
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    striderb wrote: »
    When you start receiving senior discounts at various restaurants. Love the discount at Dunkin Donuts.
    That isn't too big of a problem. :D
  • DoubleUbea
    edited July 2018
    When future lyrics in songs from your youth are now in the past.
    Planet P - Why Me?
    The last man to be here was never heard from again
    He won't be back this way till 2010

When future movies are now in the past.
    The future in Back To The Future is now in the past.
    '2001' was a futuristic Sci-Fi movie, HAL became operational on 12 January 1992
    The dystopian future of Nineteen Eighty-Four.

When you say movie/TV quotes...
    Me: "As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly!"
    My age group: (hahahhaha)
    Youngins: WTF??
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    When future lyrics in songs from your youth are now in the past.
    Planet P - Why Me?
    The last man to be here was never heard from again
    He won't be back this way till 2010

When future movies are now in the past.
    The future in Back To The Future is now in the past.
    '2001' was a futuristic Sci-Fi movie, HAL became operational on 12 January 1992
    The dystopian future of Nineteen Eighty-Four.

When you say movie/TV quotes...
    Me: "As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly!"
    My age group: (hahahhaha)
    Youngins: WTF??

WKRP!!!! It's on TVLand or Me TV or something now. They could watch it, too. More music & Les Nessman.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Thankfully, I don't have any aches or pains but most days I'd forget my head if it weren't attached to my shoulders.
  • DoubleUbea
    I am so old I remember this store called "Sears", we would look through their Christmas catalog to circle what we wanted for Christmas.

...and for you geeks and nerds, I remember when Computer Shopper magazine required a fork lift to pick up.
  • striderb
    I am so old I remember this store called "Sears", we would look through their Christmas catalog to circle what we wanted for Christmas.

...and for you geeks and nerds, I remember when Computer Shopper magazine required a fork lift to pick up.

@DoubleUbea
    Remembering Sears really isn't that long ago. They still have stores around. Do you remember Montgomery Ward or Woolworths?
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member

JC Penny had catalogs also & I'd get my order at Rite Aid, instead of paying shipping for home delivery!
  • Pour_Decisions

@DoubleUbea
    Remembering Sears really isn't that long ago. They still have stores around. Do you remember Montgomery Ward or Woolworths?

OMG!! I remember Woolworths. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    I have broken, torn, ruptured, so much crap in my body when I don't hurt I get worried. I start wondering if I woke up dead, all sixth sense and what not.
    I've notice when I hurt something it stays hurt longer than just 5 years ago.
    Getting old is not for the faint of heart but it sure beats the option.
  • striderb

@DoubleUbea

On a good note: Your memory is still working. :)
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    edited July 2018

@DoubleUbea

There was a Woolworths at my local mall, during the early 1990's! Montgomery Ward's a catalog/online store now, however their brick & mortar stores're prior to my time!

I remember Bradlees was equivalent to today's Target, Clover was like a combination of both Kmart {building} & Target {merchandise}, Jamesway was like Kmart, Caldor was like Walmart & Ames was a combination of both Kmart {building} & Family Dollar {prices}!
  • Pour_Decisions

@DoubleUbea

On a good note: Your memory is still working. :)

Oh yeah...I almost forgot. :smiley:
  • DoubleUbea
    Sears-> Sarcasm.

Woolworth started in my home town, and I do remember Monkey Wards. There are a lot of stores that have gone under.