Old people probs

Replies

• striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    How about Zayre - hated that store
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Remembering my mom saving green stamps to get prizes. We'd go to a local store & "shop". I don't remember how she got the stamps, though.....
  • empresssue
    Oh, & my "fave" old person thing: losing relevancy to the younger generation. As if I haven't been around long enough to figure out how some things work. :angry:
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    "Oh yeah, I remember the original version of this song."
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    striderb wrote: »
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    I am so old I remember this store called "Sears", we would look through their Christmas catalog to circle what we wanted for Christmas.

...and for you geeks and nerds, I remember when Computer Shopper magazine required a fork lift to pick up.

@DoubleUbea
    Remembering Sears really isn't that long ago. They still have stores around. Do you remember Montgomery Ward or Woolworths?

OMG!! I remember Woolworths. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Yep - The Woolworths in my town had a soda fountain/ lunch counter
  • ecjim
    empresssue wrote: »
    Remembering my mom saving green stamps to get prizes. We'd go to a local store & "shop". I don't remember how she got the stamps, though.....

My Mom saved them too - you got them as an incentive to shop at grocery stores - the more $ you spent - the more stamps you got
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    When you turn on the TV by standing up and walking over to it then look for Gunsmoke you know your memory has left you behind!
  • empresssue
    ecjim wrote: »

My Mom saved them too - you got them as an incentive to shop at grocery stores - the more $ you spent - the more stamps you got

That's right!!! Now I remember. Thanks :)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I have broken, torn, ruptured, so much crap in my body when I don't hurt I get worried. I start wondering if I woke up dead, all sixth sense and what not.
    I've notice when I hurt something it stays hurt longer than just 5 years ago.
    Getting old is not for the faint of heart but it sure beats the option.

You're not 'that' old ... 😉
    Don't worry, I feel old as dirt some days though.
  • empresssue
    81Katz wrote: »
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I have broken, torn, ruptured, so much crap in my body when I don't hurt I get worried. I start wondering if I woke up dead, all sixth sense and what not.
    I've notice when I hurt something it stays hurt longer than just 5 years ago.
    Getting old is not for the faint of heart but it sure beats the option.

You're not 'that' old ... 😉
    Don't worry, I feel old as dirt some days though.

Some days I feel 90 days older than dirt.
  • empresssue
    epr3996 wrote: »
    When you turn on the TV by standing up and walking over to it then look for Gunsmoke you know your memory has left you behind!

I remember having to get up & walk across the room to change the channel.

I lmao when my ex-hubby lost the remote & panicked because he wouldn't be able to turn on the TV & change the channel. He's a year older than me, so I reminded him of our youth. He wasn't amused, but I was :naughty:
  • ecjim

I lmao when my ex-hubby lost the remote & panicked because he wouldn't be able to turn on the TV & change the channel. He's a year older than me, so I reminded him of our youth. He wasn't amused, but I was :naughty:

It was no big deal because we only had 3 channels
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited July 2018
    striderb wrote: »
    I am so old I remember this store called "Sears", we would look through their Christmas catalog to circle what we wanted for Christmas.

...and for you geeks and nerds, I remember when Computer Shopper magazine required a fork lift to pick up.

@DoubleUbea
    Remembering Sears really isn't that long ago. They still have stores around. Do you remember Montgomery Ward or Woolworths?

There was a Woolworths at my local mall, during the early 1990's! Montgomery Ward's a catalog/online store now, however their brick & mortar stores're prior to my time!

I remember Bradlees was equivalent to today's Target, Clover was like a combination of both Kmart {building} & Target {merchandise}, Jamesway was like Kmart, Caldor was like Walmart & Ames was a combination of both Kmart {building} & Family Dollar {prices}!

I remember laying on the floor at my grandparents’ house, paging studiously through their copies of the Sears and JC Penney catalogs to make wish lists when I was elementary school age.

Our closest Sears just finally closed last fall and Montgomery Ward was here until at least 2000, as I remember shopping there for my oldest son when he was a baby. The long-gone store I remember fondly was Venture, though. There was a KMart just across the street from it that we went to sometimes, but Venture was our go-to for most things and I remember saving change as a kid to be able to buy an icee at the dining area on the way out.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member

Yes but those channels were spaced apart so it took an effort to turn the knob to those other channels. A few clicks at least.

• ecjim

Yes but those channels were spaced apart so it took an effort to turn the knob to those other channels. A few clicks at least.

It did take some effort to turn the knob - How would you log that under exercise ?
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Hiding things in a safe place then forgetting where that place is 😬😜
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    New2ket0 wrote: »
    Hiding things in a safe place then forgetting where that place is 😬😜

I do this all the *kitten* time. It's the worst.
  • empresssue

And an antenna.
  • empresssue

It did take some effort to turn the knob - How would you log that under exercise ?

At least 20 cals per click, plus cals for walking across the room to change the channel, plus cals for adjusting the antenna. That adds up quickly. :lol:
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    New rules in mah life:
    1. Don't trust farts
    2. Don't waste erections
    3. Don't pass bathrooms
    4. Ibuprofen is part of warm-up and cool down