3. Don't pass bathrooms
    4. Ibuprofen is part of warm-up and cool down

NEVER pass a flushie.
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    kcs76 wrote: »
    New2ket0 wrote: »
    Hiding things in a safe place then forgetting where that place is 😬😜

I do this all the *kitten* time. It's the worst.

Haha me too! yea you don’t have to be old for this one 😂
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    I still go to step on the clutch while driving!
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    epr3996 wrote: »
    And for the switch on the floor for the high beams? I miss THAT distinctive sound.

• epr3996
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    And for the switch on the floor for the high beams? I miss THAT distinctive sound.

I also miss that and the Kill switch! I really thought no one else knew where it was except me!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    When every conversation with longterm work contacts quickly becomes "When can you go [retire]?" because they know you've been working for a gazillion years.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Restaurants are always so dark. And the print on the menus is so small. I usually end up whipping out my phone to shine the light and magnify the type.
  • Josh_From_Louisiana
    Josh_From_Louisiana Posts: 42 Member
    My right knee hurts now and again. Old knee injury when I was younger lets me know to slow down now. The problem is I am only 33.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    When they talk about some famous person, singer, or actor, who got married , divorced, OD'd , or died, and I never heard of him or her, or the TV show or movie they did , or heard any of their music or know the name of their band. That's OK because I wouldn't like the music anyway
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    When I go into 'young people' trendy stores and have no idea who's singing the song or what the song is playing or I think to myself that this sht music is too loud.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    When I go into 'young people' trendy stores and have no idea who's singing the song or what the song is playing or I think to myself that this sht music is too loud.

If they were playing ZZ Top then the volume would be fine
  • DoubleUbea
    The most popular artist of today's youth seems to be a group named "autotuned"
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »

Before I knew it existed, I thought my dad was magically turning on the high beams.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    My 1st car, a ‘79 chevette, only had am jams.
  • DoubleUbea
    edited July 2018
  • epr3996
    When you get up at a restaurant and it takes you 2 minutes to start moving and 25 steps to straighten up!
  • Joe_58
    Joe_58 Posts: 13 Member
    It all started at about 35 years of age. I wondered what was wrong. Why do I feel pain? Why is it reoccurring? I panicked and thought there was something definitely wrong with me. As the years went by, I realized that this mysterious pain in various places in my body wasn't going to go away. After much money spent, and many doctor visits, I realized that all I needed to do was accept this horrible condition called getting old. You know you are getting older when you go to bed feeling great and wake up with a painful injury from sleeping. Ha! Now I just ignore the pain and accept
    it as normal. GETTING OLD IS NOT FOR SISSIES!!!!
  • DoubleUbea
    edited July 2018
    GETTING OLD IS NOT FOR SISSIES!!!!
    True, and youth is wasted on the young.

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Do any of you get random aches or ailments and blame it on getting old?

I woke up with a pain in my side and I'm convinced it's pancreatitis or liver failure.
    Yep, this is how I'm going out.
    Old people probs.

What exactly are you calling "old". There's an MFP group called "The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)". If you're still inside that range, please don't call yourself old.

But yes, I do get some aches and pains, and don't have the strength and endurance of a teenager or twenty-something year old anymore.

Also, lots of illnesses these days seem no longer age-specific. Young people suffering from ailments that previously appeared to be only in the very old.