Pics of bulks/cuts from start to now because my four year MFP anniversary is today!

Keladelphia
Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
Finding MFP truly changed my life. I am still so grateful every single day for the support from MFP friends and for the information I have received here. Today marks 4 years (1460 days) of logging in consecutively and I like to celebrate each year on this site with an updated success story in hopes that maybe someone who is at any stage I've experienced in these last four years can see that it is possible to not just loose weight initially but continue to live a healthy lifestyle . Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle is something I will always need to be vigilant about and being here continues to keep me on track. Happy 4 year anniversary to me!

These two images are at the start of my weight loss (235lbs) and last month or so.

6oegn7qmu75m.jpg
zs4tr1z316i0.jpg

These Pictures are from my bulk cut cycles with the first image on the left being at the start of my weight loss and the last on the right being yesterday, i'm just starting to cut again and sitting at 148.5. I compete in Olympic weightlifting which is why the cuts are to 138lbs

p8d3uaacfwrn.jpg
0927v4zxc22s.jpg
da0fqhhnykn6.jpg
9pg2w1gmnxcc.jpg
g49ag60qz85c.jpg
ab1821nduts3.jpg

Replies

• bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Amazing dedication!
    Do you ever have trouble mentally bulking because your journey started at a high weight?

From an aesthetic point of view which weight/BF% do you prefer to be at?

Well done :)
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Wow! Fantastic work!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    That is incredible overall. You show much discipline in transitioning from cut <-> bulk pics; far too many people go overboard in bulking incorrectly/excessively.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I love seeing your photos. You are such an inspiration on here!
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Thanks for the update--I love seeing people who are successful for the long term! You are one of the ladies that inspired me started me on weight lifting. At one year into this project I love seeing where this can go with a few more years.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    you are my hero
  • sujey32
    sujey32 Posts: 1 Member
    Wow! Congratulations on your amazing dedication and work! I’m currently at 165 mostly fat :( and I’m new to the community. I have been doing treadmill, running, and elliptical. 2 miles a day.
    Should I focus on weights or just try to lose all my fat first?
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Excellent results B) currently on a cut but look forward to the day where I can just run small bulk/cut cycles, I plan to keep it within a 10lb range and you’re pictures show just how much difference a lean bulk can make. Fantastic!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Tic78 wrote: »
    Excellent results B) currently on a cut but look forward to the day where I can just run small bulk/cut cycles, I plan to keep it within a 10lb range and you’re pictures show just how much difference a lean bulk can make. Fantastic!

I definitely achieved the greatest muscle gain from the initial 20 pound bulk but I was surprised what a difference even the small slow ten-ish pound bulks made.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Oh my God. I am totally in love.
    Amazing dedication - absolutely, hands-on incredible.

How much of a surplus are you usually eating during your bulks? You still looked incredibly lean at the end of the 155 lb cycle.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    Oh my God. I am totally in love.
    Amazing dedication - absolutely, hands-on incredible.

How much of a surplus are you usually eating during your bulks? You still looked incredibly lean at the end of the 155 lb cycle.

Haha Thank you! I didn’t track meticulously during bulks because I have to track meticulously during cuts and consider it my break time but I ate an average surplus of 2200 calories a week. 250 calories extra two days a week on heavy training days (a big cup of Icecream) and 850 extra on Saturdays and Sundays. I gained about .5-.75 a week.

Thanks for the insight! That's definitely a „mentally manageable” surplus :smile: I'm working up the courage to lean bulk - you're a great inspiration.
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Ugh. You inspire me but also make me feel a little bad about myself, because you're that good and I'm a suck *kitten*.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Wow! Folks, that is what consistency can do for you. And, from how it sounds, perfect example of 'trust the process'. Amazing work - in both cuts and bulks! I know how much of a challenge it can be to eat and eat and then eat a little bit more. Becomes a true 'chore'! Great idea about not tracking while you bulk because that is so taxing to you during the cut. Anyway, MUCH RESPECT, lady! Amazing work....awesome dedication...well done!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    As always, your progress is absolutely amazing and inspirational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!