Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Replies

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    I know I'm late to the thread for the month, but I'm here! I'm on day 4 without a drink, and looking forward to crushing the weekend. My previous m.o. was to drink vodka 4 nights a week, minimum 2 drinks per night...but I work so hard otherwise on my physical And mental health that I decided to say screw that!

Welcome! You're right on time to join. There's a lot of information compiled on the first page, if you're interested, and lots of support from everyone.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    andysport1 wrote: »
    Well day15 for me
    I can’t believe it
    Day 1, was very hard
    Days 11 & 12 were the worst days I can ever recall

Then suddenly it’s day 15 and I’m here, free of alcohol,
    I’m soooooooooooooooo pleased

Bravo Andy! So happy for you. Day 15~ Congrats on all your hard work!
  • RubyRed427
    I know I'm late to the thread for the month, but I'm here! I'm on day 4 without a drink, and looking forward to crushing the weekend. My previous m.o. was to drink vodka 4 nights a week, minimum 2 drinks per night...but I work so hard otherwise on my physical And mental health that I decided to say screw that!

Welcome to our group. Check in as much as you need. We can help or just be place to vent. Sounds like you have determination! Xo
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    @eriknj It is funny how life can be messy. You are comfortable with how much you drink and I am uncomfortable because I stopped so abruptly without much resistance (at least on this leg of my journey). I know I should be happy but I am nagged by the old saying "if something seems to be too good to be true it usually is." My goal was never to accumulate AF days but I seem to be doing it. I think I am closing in on 80.

@NovusDies That hits the target for me. I found it really easy to quit on Jan 31, and have stuck to it ever since.
    But ...

In the back of my mind, I have a fear that it's not always going to be easy. One reason why I don't try drinking on a special occasion is because I think I might go straight back to daily drinking.

Maybe it's only "easy" because of the fear. Hmmm.

When I was going through the April thread I came across your room being painted. You were originally going to have a drink after it was done and then decided not to. When I was reading that I was thinking that somehow I seem to be following along a similar path right now. I hope that means I can start running a bajillion miles soon. :)

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Happy for everyone on their progress!!!!!!!
  • RubyRed427
    Before bed, I went looking for an article about why my brain never lets me stop at one drink... this article enlightened me a little bit.

https://fit-recovery.com/top-reason-alcoholics-just-cant-stop-one-drink/

Good night, friends. Xo