Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    I got hangry yesterday and ate pizza. So much pizza.
    Since it seems we are all struggling to get back on track this week, how about this week's challenge be something like finding non-food related ways to treat/comfort ourselves?

This is a fantastic idea. Some days it is just endless slogging through. I am my only source of validation IRL, if it weren't for the folks here at MFP, I think I would have fallen by the wayside long ago.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    MFP has helped me, too.
    Today I went to therapy. Getting mentally healthy has been the nexus for getting physically healthy. It is so helpful to have someone unbiased to talk to.
  • shutchens
    shutchens Posts: 5 Member
    Today has not been a good day so far. Things have been moving south nicely since the recommit, down 8 pounds in two weeks. Yesterday 23 has sushi, but stayed well within calories(under by about 300). This morning the scale was up 2 pounds! Now it is 11:00
    And I have not eaten or drunk a thing, out of fear. Each time I walk i to the kitchen, I remember and scale and I walk back out. I know its an unhealthy obsession, but one I havent figured how to beat yet.
  • NotAsThick
    NotAsThick Posts: 21 Member
    Love this idea!!!!

I got hangry yesterday and ate pizza. So much pizza.
    Since it seems we are all struggling to get back on track this week, how about this week's challenge be something like finding non-food related ways to treat/comfort ourselves?

This is a fantastic idea. Some days it is just endless slogging through. I am my only source of validation IRL, if it weren't for the folks here at MFP, I think I would have fallen by the wayside long ago.

• jogetsgains
    Today for the weekly challenge i went to the local park and spent some time watching the ducks
  • DebCountsAll
    shutchens wrote: »
    Today has not been a good day so far. Things have been moving south nicely since the recommit, down 8 pounds in two weeks. Yesterday 23 has sushi, but stayed well within calories(under by about 300). This morning the scale was up 2 pounds! Now it is 11:00
    And I have not eaten or drunk a thing, out of fear. Each time I walk i to the kitchen, I remember and scale and I walk back out. I know its an unhealthy obsession, but one I havent figured how to beat yet.

This is salt. Salt. That's all. I didn't realize until I took a Japanese cooking class...Sushi rice has added sugar and salt. That's right. It isn't just plain rice. Plus if you even touched the soy sauce, you are toast.

The good news is two to three days of drinking a LOT of water will rid you of this. It is discouraging while you are trying so hard to lose weight, but the long term knowledge is: when you go out for Japanese, you need three days to get rid of the salt. Shoot, that's less than half a week.

I avoid Japanese for now. Later? I can eat it and know I'll gain water weight that I can lose in three days.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    I've been saying no to a lot of things, food and non-food, lately, and it's kind of making me depressed. Saying no buying things I want, saying no to invites for fear of going over calories, saying no to food that is offered.

So, to make myself feel a little better, I'm going to go out and do a little shopping for stuff I've put off. I really want to get back into cross-stitching, I stopped doing it years ago when I started knitting, so I'm going to go get some supplies. Hubby and I played a game a few weeks ago, and I bet him that if I won, I could get $100 in Halloween decorations, so I'm going to go cash that in. I'm going to get an Iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts. Then I'm going to come home and finish a baby quilt (baby is almost 1 month already, but I never see the parents, so it's ok) and start a new cross stitch. I bought a funny pattern that looks like an old fashioned grandma cross stitch, but says "Come back with a warrant." I'm going to make some Costco marinated tri-tip for dinner and we're going to eat off that meat all weekend.

The gym can wait til tomorrow. I've had a woosh this week, so my weight is on track to maintain 1 pound a week. I thought this month was going to be a wash after the 4th and having so much water weight hang on for weeks. Keeping with the program and not giving up really works!
  • jogetsgains
    @moodybear2003 that pattern IS funny 😂😂 love it.
    Good luck with the quilt 🤗
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2018
    Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: Katrina
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 305
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 260
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 236

7/13- 7/20 focus: Stretching. Incorporate stretches into your daily routine- however that looks for your time/ability. How I did- :frowning:

7/20-7/26 personal focus- getting back on track after a stretch of 1.5 weeks of unchecked eating- yikes! How I did: pretty decent, however, I'm headed off camping again currently, and that's always difficult staying on plan. It's only 4 days, though and I have a plan for accountability upon our return. I had a decent gain in weight when I fell off the wagon, but that's currently gone again, plus a loss, so that's an encouragement!

Next focus- finding comfort in something other than food! Normally I choose prayer and creating art, and if angry, cleaning, haha.

June 8- 259.5
    June 15- 258
    June 22- 258
    June 29- 256
    July 9- 257.5
    July 13- 254
    July 20- 258.5
    July 27- 253

Weight -/+ this week: -5.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -7
    Total weight lost (this round- since Jan '18): 47.5 lbs

I will update stats by next Tuesday!
    See you guys!

P.S.- Deb is on point when she discusses sodium. Part of my weight "gain" on my off week was from my 9 year old's choice for birthday dinner- sushi. :smile:
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    Thursday: truth: I need to “practice what I preach” so to speak..I had several bad days of immense over eating (think double+ the daily cals) and I begin to beat myself up over it.
    I notice where the “slip ups” are ( surprise surprise! Fast food!) and I know when I’m at my daily limit it’s healthier to stop for the day but I still agree to fast food. And it’s not that I’m having the fast food that’s the error- I have been learning to incorporate less-healthy items into my day..as long as it’s within my daily cals, it’s open season! But I’m going over my daily cals..by a lot..many days in a row. And I don’t exercise enough to counterbalance that much extra food. I also hate cardio (there! I said it!)
    Sigh. Just wanted to get this truth off my chest- when I need to remember to be kind and compassionate with myself (and I can do better each next opportunity I have) I forget that and revert to old, harmful, judgmental ways too..
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm back from my little trip to Michigan. We had a blast, and yes, I probably ate too much, bit was pretty active walking and in the water, so I hope the scale isn't too unkind tomorrow. Probably have some water weight that will hang on for a few days, so I won't be upset if the scale is up a bit for my Friday weigh-in and will consider my "true" weight to be whatever is on the scale on Sunday.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

7/21 - 7/27 focus: Maintain my weight for the week while enjoying a getaway to Michigan. :)

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6- 194.4
    July 13-194.2
    July 20- 195.6
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week: +1.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -6
    Total weight lost: 51.4
  • DebCountsAll
    Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Deb
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: This round: 295 (January 16, 2018)
    Start Weight (June 2, 2018): 255.6
    Goal Weight (June 30, 2018): 247.6
    Actual Weight (June 30, 2018): 248.8
    Goal Weight (July 31, 2018): 240.8

June 8- 253.4
    June 15- 253.8
    June 23- 252.4
    June 30- 248.8
    July 8- 251.8. I’ve been struggling with hunger. When it goes on for days, I don’t cope well. I can handle a few hours. I also have not been pre prepping my lunches and dinners, but I got the items I need from the grocery store and will get back on the wagon.
    July 13- 248.2. I don’t think I will make my July goal. I’m torn between feeling desperate to make sure I make it, and being zen about the fact that I have a lot of weight to lose and just being happy about losing at any pace. I see posts all the time from people who lost 100 pounds in a year and for some reason I am fixated on that as a goal…and I am not on pace to manage that. Why oh why am I getting so down on myself when I’m actually doing WELL to lose AT ALL?
    July 22 – 248.8. Too much salt, and humid weather (for here). I am logging everything and am under calories, using my scale as well.
    July 27 – 245.4. Finally. (I remembered to post on Friday for once haha)
    July 31-

Weight -/+ this week: -3.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -10.2
    Total weight lost: 49.6
    83125515.png
  • jogetsgains
    rosileem wrote: »
    Thursday: truth: I need to “practice what I preach” so to speak..I had several bad days of immense over eating (think double+ the daily cals) and I begin to beat myself up over it.
    I notice where the “slip ups” are ( surprise surprise! Fast food!) and I know when I’m at my daily limit it’s healthier to stop for the day but I still agree to fast food. And it’s not that I’m having the fast food that’s the error- I have been learning to incorporate less-healthy items into my day..as long as it’s within my daily cals, it’s open season! But I’m going over my daily cals..by a lot..many days in a row. And I don’t exercise enough to counterbalance that much extra food. I also hate cardio (there! I said it!)
    Sigh. Just wanted to get this truth off my chest- when I need to remember to be kind and compassionate with myself (and I can do better each next opportunity I have) I forget that and revert to old, harmful, judgmental ways too..

I think being honest with yourself is a great first step to change. A week into using MFP I ate something over maintenance calories and I thought about not logging it. Then I thought -- who am I really lying to?? I logged it and moved on and it felt so good! No more hiding and sneaking food, especially since no one is watching.

Keep battling, you will find some balance and get those calories back in check 🤗
  • jogetsgains
    Yesterday's non-food comfort was an epic bath 🛀
  • moodybear2003
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5’5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 294.0
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 275

7/20-7/27 focus - I really didn't focus on much, but I did listen to the aches in my back and took a rest day yesterday. Having a nice whoosh after a lot of bad weigh ins for the last 2 weeks.

June 8- 292
    June 15- 291.6
    June 23- 290.8
    June 30- 290.2
    July 6 - 289.0
    July 13 - 289.5
    July 20 - 288.2
    July 27 - 286.0

Weight -/+ this week: -2.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -8
    Total weight lost: 22

• rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member

I think being honest with yourself is a great first step to change. A week into using MFP I ate something over maintenance calories and I thought about not logging it. Then I thought -- who am I really lying to?? I logged it and moved on and it felt so good! No more hiding and sneaking food, especially since no one is watching.

Keep battling, you will find some balance and get those calories back in check 🤗

Exactly! I log everything even if that final daily cals number makes me cringe or deeply sigh lol!! And that too- I don’t want to hide and sneak food and feel shame around it. I acknowledge every time I go over because I’d rather say hello friend, this is what you are (a time of indulgence or over eating or family dinner) and move on.

Thanks! 🙌❤️
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Just an interesting note.
    Jillian Michaels diet plan is no limit on green veggies.
    Stock up on lettuce, celery, cucumbers, etc.
    Binge on those and you get full and actually feel great from all the phyto nutrients.
    Tomatoes are pretty low cal too and filling your belly with this veggie-food really maxes out around 100 cals.
    Just chewing that much helps too ;)
  • moodybear2003
    9lp4molyszv7.jpg

I have a good thing going on my workouts! I love seeing the data on everything
  • jogetsgains
    @moodybear2003 what app is that?

• moodybear2003
    @moodybear2003 what app is that?

Its the fitbit app. I have a charge 2, you can turn on workout tracking when you're getting ready to exercise. They have very few preset options. I use the generic "workout" when I'm doing something not on the list.