JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Goals for yesterday:
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal ✔
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work: close, but not quite, it was SO busy!
    No extra snacks at work ✔

Goals for today:
    Pay bills, yuck!
    Plan for packing for Iceland in August
    Water plants
    Grocery shopping
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    edited July 2018
    3 pieces of pizza and a half a piece of a $lutty brownie and I still managed to stay just under my calorie goal! It's amazing how many calories you can burn just getting up to go to the bathroom/use the copier/walk to the kitchen for coffee in my branch! Lol.

I used to work in an office that was on the fourth floor, it was the first time I lost weight. I would take the stairs instead of the elevator. The bathroom was also down a long hall. Now I have literally 20 steps to the bathroom and less than half that to the "kitchen". It's really hard getting steps in here.
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Just for today I will spend 5 minutes meditating
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    I've been MIA and not eating the best. Sorry I don't have time to catch up on this thread, but my JFT goals are:

1. Stick to my eating plan: tofu scramble with zucchini, mushroom, and onion for breakfast, whole wheat pasta with tomatoes, basil, and garlic for lunch, gardein "chicken" florentino for dinner.
    2. Drink water! At least 8 cups before leaving for work at 3 pm today.
    3. Empty dishwasher and clean the kitchen.
    4. Kitchen closed, teeth brushed, and in bed by 1 am.
  • Snowflake1968
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Marriage is continual effort, eh?!

I had a lot of role models in long term marriages growing up. I was very fortunate. I only had one friend that came from a divorced home. All of my other friends had both parents. All of my family Aunts/Uncles, Older Cousins (I am the youngest granddaugher, the oldest is 25 years older than me) had/have long marriages. They all made it look so easy! After I grew up and was included in the adult conversations I realized that it was hard, they made it look easy on the outside, but they all worked at it. They had arguments, they compromised, they cried, they just kept fighting for it.

In 2012 my eldest daughter had a vow renewal for her 1st anniversary in our hometown in NB. This was our way of letting her family from NB join in her happiness. My FIL's best friend and his wife (Don and Cathy) were invited. I remember standing next to my MIL and Cathy, my FIL and Don were sitting at a table just talking and enjoying themselves. My MIL says to Cathy, "Well Cathy look at that, they are behaving themselves. We knew they would grow up one day, who knew it would take 50 years to do it" They laughed and laughed at how much trouble the "boys" used to get into. From the stories I have heard over the years there was a lot of partying, that these women put up with. Both Don and my FIL drove truck and I'm sure there was some running around that happened. But these women stuck it out, now Don and my FIL are neighbours, there entertainment is sitting playing cards and having a drink. They hardly leave the house, I bet the women are thankful for this.

Nowadays I think too many couples give in to easy to just saying it's over. I don't think there is a "perfect" marriage where there is never an issue. It's just how much you want to fight for it.
  • Snowflake1968
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Stressssssssssssssssssssssssssssing out hardcore this morning. I was spitting venom barely after opening my eyes. I called myself out - and DH and I had a good laugh about it. But its coming back in waves. Come into work for more stress. Have to take a 2 hour tour to go pick something up that I volunteered to do earlier in the week - maybe it will be a good time to chill out. Still waiting to see the appraisal that was due in yesterday. Ate like crap last night because of a self sabotage moment skipping snack and not planning something a head of time. Alright enough belly aching! Checking in and changing my attitude. Oh also, a puppy that I'm in love with is suddenly looking for a home, and I'm weak...pray for my DH :D

JFT Friday
    1. STAY POSITIVE - YOU GET BACK WHAT YOU PUT OUT
    2. BE KIND - TO YOURSELF SO YOU CAN BE KIND TO OTHERS
    3. DONT EAT YOUR FEELINGS - FEEL YOUR FEELINGS, DONT EAT THEM
    4. Call in RX
    5. Just get through the day

JFT Thursday
    1. CALL IN RX >:)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Be kind :|
    4. Lots of water :)
    5. 10 wall push ups/bathroom trip AND get up and move once per hour...even if its just to stand :)
    6. Smart lunch choice :)
    7. Cook dinner at home >:)

Hope you day improves. The 2 hour tour, might be just the thing you need to get yourself settled.
  • Snowflake1968
    Saibasu wrote: »
    Just for today, I will be stronger than my excuses.

I love this one!
  • Snowflake1968
    I've been MIA and not eating the best. Sorry I don't have time to catch up on this thread, but my JFT goals are:

1. Stick to my eating plan: tofu scramble with zucchini, mushroom, and onion for breakfast, whole wheat pasta with tomatoes, basil, and garlic for lunch, gardein "chicken" florentino for dinner.
    2. Drink water! At least 8 cups before leaving for work at 3 pm today.
    3. Empty dishwasher and clean the kitchen.
    4. Kitchen closed, teeth brushed, and in bed by 1 am.

Hope things settle for you soon. Posting your goals is a great step!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Saibasu wrote: »
    Just for today, I will be stronger than my excuses.

I love this goal! I will have to remember it today ... just how strong we really can be if we want something bad enough.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Thursday July 26
    2L of Water - :( No, I missed it by 500ml.
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ Didn't make 150 but still in the green by 56
    Outside 15 Minutes - :/ I think I was close to 15 minutes.
    Swim - :)
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Friday July 27
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Swim
    Write in Journal

As you know I have been out making cold calls and trying to get some business, I have really stepped out of my comfort zone to do this and was hopeful that I would get some business for the company for my efforts. We have been asked now for about 6 quotes in the last month, this is about 5 more than we had in the first 6 months I have been at the company. This is positive, and I'm quite proud of this. My problem is the VP keeps bidding too high. We were told last week when we didn't get one that we were "several dollars more than the other companies". We had bid $26.00/hour. Yesterday we had another quote request and he bid $34.00/hour! This is about 12.00 more an hour than most of the other companies here in the area. I asked him about it and he told me "Get some business where we can give quotes and we'll look at the rates". I am so discouraged today, I don't even want to try anymore. How am I to get business when I know we are so much higher than the other companies. I don't understand his thinking at all.

On a positive note, the young lady that is starting the business got her Incorporation Certificate yesterday, she can now start applying for grants and loans to get up and running. Hopefully soon I'll be working for her full time. My only concern is that part of my "salary" with this job is a company vehicle, that includes all gas, maintenance, insurance, etc. I need to purchase another car now and don't have the money for it. I'm sure it will work out, it's just a niggling worry.

I'm so glad it's Friday. My swim lessons are from 9-10pm so by the time I get home, showered, hair dried it's a late night. Tomorrow I'll be able to sleep in. Then I just have to get through 3 more next week. I will be missing the last lesson as we are going out of town.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    I like this

- FEEL YOUR FEELINGS, DONT EAT THEM

JFT - I will feel my feelings and not eat them.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Just a friendly reminder for all of us, lol! Peace and joy for your weekend!
    d7g0h2gegc3k.png
  • Snowflake1968
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Just a friendly reminder for all of us, lol! Peace and joy for your weekend!
    d7g0h2gegc3k.png

LOL that's awesome! I was thinking about fries yesterday and refrained. So far this week I've done well. I've resisted lasagna (although to be honest I asked Kaitlyn if she wanted Olive Garden yesterday and she declined). We went to Denny's and I thought about a burger and fries and refrained. I'm learning I think.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    JFT - I will logon tonight from home when I have time to give an update and 'talk' with friends.
  • Snowflake1968
    edited July 2018
    I decided to splurge a little and bought tickets to the only Nascar sanctioned race that comes to our area as a surprise for my hubby tomorrow night. He loves Nascar and has watched it for years. This is the Pinty series so not the big drivers that are in the States, but he will enjoy it. I will enjoy it because he will be enjoying himself. The food choices will suck, but I will stay away from the beverages. It's about a 40 minute drive from our house so I will be the driver. I'll try to sneak in a couple healthy snacks :) I can't wait to get home and show him now!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    I decided to splurge a little and bought tickets to the only Nascar sanctioned race that comes to our area as a surprise for my hubby tomorrow night. He loves Nascar and has watched it for years. This is the Pinty series so not the big drivers that are in the States, but he will enjoy it. I will enjoy it because he will be enjoying himself. The food choices will suck, but I will stay away from the beverages. It's about a 40 minute drive from our house so I will be the driver. I'll try to sneak in a couple healthy snacks :) I can't wait to get home and show him now!

Awww! He will love it! That's a very thoughtful thing to do---and a fun date night!
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Friday July 27
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :( 108
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Swim - :)
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT- Saturday July 28
    2L of Water
    Eat in Maintenance

Checking in tonight because tomorrow is going to be a very full day. Hubby wants to build a picnic table in the morning. The gates open for the race day at 12 and probably won’t end until around 11 tomorrow night.

As soon as I got home tonight I had to turn back around and go into the city. I was starving and we ended up getting McDonalds. I still ended up in the green at least, but I’m a little peckish tonight.

Saw Kaitlyn tonight, she is bruised and her hand is turning all wonderful shades of blue and purple but she feels good. She leaves bright and early in the morning for Vegas. Part of her course is going to an award show? For hairdressers. There is a red carpet formal event she is trying to figure out if she can cover the bruising. It’s her first trip out of country and she is quite excited.

I’ll check in on Sunday, have a great day tomorrow.