510 lbs -> 187 lbs - my 323 lb weight-loss-story

felixg1109
felixg1109 Posts: 172 MFP Moderator
Hi everybody,

since i cought myself using the international forum more often i would like to use this topic as my introduction.

My name is Felix, i'm 31, from Remscheid, Germany and moderator in the german section of this (great) forum. (English is not my native language - so please excuse my mistakes)

In February 2015 i reached my maximum weight of 231kg (510 lbs). I was an binge-eater and have been "fat" all my life. Even in the first years of school i was the biggest guy around. When i started studying my eating disorder went stronger and stronger, until it was basically everything i had in my life. With the start of march 2015 i changed my life and fought my way out of the eating disorder.

Within about two years of dieting and doing sports i lost 323 lbs. I did most of it by myself, since my old doctor was not supportive at all (got a new one now). I changed my way of eating, got "sober" of my binge-attacks and started doing sports when i reached the physical ability to do so.

Since last year i am getting rid of the big amount of loose skin and had a 360° bodylift in september 2017 and an upper-bodylift in march 2018. Last thing to do are the thighs - and at the beginning of this week i submitted an application to my insurance, hoping that they will cover the costs.

With my weight, my whole life changed - i changed from a very intoverted person into liking social activities, i like doing sports and love to hike and travel.

Here are some before-and-after-pics
2015:
f21mfxs.png
f3czerx.jpg
f4yfe87.png

2018:
001frd7v.jpg
00296cv2.jpg
00316ifu.jpg

Replies

• kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    wow you look amazing! congratulations on changing your life!
  • SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Congratulation on your success! It’s hard to change they way you have been for most of your life, and it takes incredible determination and strength to follow through on your goals. I commend you for going above and beyond to heal yourself. Best wishes!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss and many happy and healthy years ahead!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Most excellent transformation Felix! You are so inspirational to others!

Congratulations on changing your life and your future!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Amazing job Felix - especially to get so far on your own and to not be supported by your doctor - shame on him/her!
    You are an inspiration and now look so relaxed and confident (and handsome). Congratulations - and your English is excellent!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited July 2018
    No movie hero can come close to the SUPER HERO you truly are--WOW, what a first class winner and all time SUPER champion you truly are. Thanks so much for posting---you ROCK, period.
  • randielizabethwatts
    randielizabethwatts Posts: 51 Member
    Incredible!
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Wow, you look like a different person! (And in some ways, I imagine, you actually are).

Sharp suit you’re wearing, too :)
  • glorian13vazquez498
    glorian13vazquez498 Posts: 29 Member
    Woooow awesome job. 👍👍😊
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Wow, what an incredible transformation!!! Wear it with pride.... congratulations!!!
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    You are an inspiration— congrats on your tremendous success!!!
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    What a fantastic transformation, Felix! Congratulations on changing -- and saving -- your life!!
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Looking sharp in that suit. Well done!
  • corkygates
    corkygates Posts: 221 Member
    Congrats! Rock star!🌟👏🏼
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    An amazing and inspiring success story.. well done ☺
  • JJYoyo
    JJYoyo Posts: 14 Member
    That is an amazing change. Congratulations!
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    What an inspiring success story. All the best for the future Félix B)
  • JoJo197939
    JoJo197939 Posts: 5 Member
    Just started my journey in April and this has shown me that it can be done. Thank you xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!