Goal! 63 Pounds Lost (with pictures!)

2»

Replies

• cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Great job, and thank you for taking the time to share what worked for you in such a non-judgmental way.
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    I love your story!! What a great job and such dedication!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Thank you for providing this level of detail about your journey. "The idea of losing weight while not feeling hungry was really revolutionary" particularly resonated with me. You look lovely - all the best as you move forward and I hope you share your wisdom with us again.
    902140 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing your story!
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    This was a great read! Really well-written and full of practical advice. Thank you for sharing! And congratulations on your success! You should definitely be proud. :smile:
  • Adelemlvc
    Adelemlvc Posts: 27 Member
    Thank You for sharing your journey . For someone like me who is just beginning to try and figure out how I'm going to change my eating habbits for the better ,this kind of information from someone who has had success like you have is great and also very inspiring so thanks and a HUGE well done. You look great but I bet you feel even better on the inside :D
  • Adelemlvc
    Adelemlvc Posts: 27 Member
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Thank you - this is one of the best posts I have ever read.

I agree :D
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    You are such an inspiration to us all. Thank you for sharing your best tips. Keep up the great focus.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    <3<3<3
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,301 Member
    Thank you for sharing, I've found several of these in my life also, like this is no diet, but a way of eating I can always do. I do have a tip for you that has worked well for me. I get most of my exercise walking my dogs & if you keep walking in place (or running, or doing squats) while they're at a stop smelling etc, it really adds to your steps & calorie burn. congratulations
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    First off - Congratlations! An inspirational story. Secondly thank you for giving us such a well written and considered account of such a practical and sensible approach to weight loss. I am thinking of budgeting calories over a longer period as I get closer to goal - glad to hear it works for you. Good luck in maintenance, although with the lessons you have learned I'm sure luck won't come into it.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    An awesome story of success- thanks for sharing! Many of the things you’ve described, I either do or am working on too, so it’s nice to have some reinforcement that I’m making positive changes by reading someone else’s success story!

You look great!!!
  • corkygates
    corkygates Posts: 221 Member
    Thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration and look fantastic! 🍾
  • wonderwomancbr007
    wonderwomancbr007 Posts: 3 Member

Thank you!

You ROCK!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Great story, amazing results congratulations
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    That's fantastic!
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Incredibly useful and inspiring post thank you. Parts of this I identify so much with especially that feeling of weight = self worth. I'm early in my journey (have lost 58lbs, which is a little under halfway of what I would like - aiming for a normal/ near normal BMI).

I've discovered I don't mind running and set goals each month (achievable ones like go running three times this week rather than ones a little outside of my control ie. run a mile in x amount of time). I've gone from like yourself running 30-60 intervals to running 20-25mins and speeding this up. Next aim is to do our local 5k (no matter what the time is - just to finish it).

Feeling like you can allow yourself a treat is hard. I think over-restricting is a big reason I have repeatedly fluctuated up and down by 3 stone. Eating regularly works for me (I used to just have coffee all day and eat all evening). I'm working on increasing my protein content. This balance is definitely a work in progress.

Thank you again for sharing your journey and top tips!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!