Best breakfast for first day of new diet?

Replies

• FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    My go-to breakfast is half a grapefruit with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, 3 turkey sausage links, and a hard boiled egg. Out of eggs or really hungry? English muffin with 2 tablespoons peanut butter.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I eat a big b'fast generally (around 6am). 3 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, toast with avocado, small amt of dark chocolate.
    I usually eat a small sandwich around noon (bagel thin with cream cheese and deli meat) and a handful of almonds around 2pm. I'm not usually very hungry again until 5pm.
  • RockinBaker5210
    RockinBaker5210 Posts: 27 Member
    I have breakfast at 7 am. Lately, I've been having either:

1 slice of Dave's Killer 21-grain bread with a little honey and cinnamon and a fruit

OR

A fruit smoothie with almond milk, frozen banana, strawberries, some pineapple, and a handful of spinach with a slice of Dave's Killer 21-grain bread.

Both keep me satisfied until 10 am or so, and I have lunch at 11. I also drink a 33oz bottle of water throughout the morning between breakfast and lunch.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Coffee. Lots

Me too!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Love coffee with big breakfast. For me, it’s a big breakfast burrito with tons of veggies and salsa on a high fiber wrap. Keeps me full til lunch! I highly recommend volume eating (lots of veggies).
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited July 2018
    From experience, what breakfast satisfies and fills you and doesn’t leave you crashing for a day of a sucky diet?

whatever you want? I find if I eat just eggs I get hungrier way sooner and I don't know why. Most people get filled up by eggs. I never have. I like potatoes with my breakfast like shredded hashbrowns because they tend to stick with me longer.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    My three breakfast choices that I have on rotation are:

1. egg whites with cheddar
    2. bagel thin with butter, banana with chocolate PB2
    3. Smoothie - Cashew milk, PB2, banana, frozen strawberries, ice

Works for me!
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    I tend to eat a late breakfast if any at all...and it's usually pizza.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    From experience, what breakfast satisfies and fills you and doesn’t leave you crashing for a day of a sucky diet?

For me fiber with fat works. I like oatmeal made with 2% milk (adds protein) and a sprinkle of walnuts. Splenda & cinnamon for flavor. Plain oats (made with water) have no staying power for me.

For others it's protein and fat. That could be full fat Greek yogurt or eggs. I like a homemade "Egg McMuffin" on a high fiber English muffin.

It's different for everyone. Just keep trying out different things.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member

If you focus on foods that satiate you, have a moderate calorie deficit appropriate for how much you need to lose rather than an aggressive one, exercise and eat back the calories you earned from exercising, it shouldn't even feel like you're dieting.

I quickly learned that higher protein and fiber fills me up, and wheat flour-based foods and alcohol do not. When I focus on foods that satiate me, I'm only hungry right before meals.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Coffee. Lots

Ha! Sitting in the University Parkway Starbucks RIGHT NOW! What would you like? :-)
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I am pretty much a creature of habit! Since I am following Keto (because of high A1C) I eat four scrambled eggs and six slices of bacon. Pretty much every morning. Today was no exception. Now, this is going to change soon but this has been my go-to for several months. I really enjoy it...it gets in a good amount of protein and fat and did I mention that I really enjoy it? :-)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

If you focus on foods that satiate you, have a moderate calorie deficit appropriate for how much you need to lose rather than an aggressive one, exercise and eat back the calories you earned from exercising, it shouldn't even feel like you're dieting.

I quickly learned that higher protein and fiber fills me up, and wheat flour-based foods and alcohol do not. When I focus on foods that satiate me, I'm only hungry right before meals.

Alcohol for breakfast is not a good idea, I agree :oB):*

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I am pretty much a creature of habit! Since I am following Keto (because of high A1C) I eat four scrambled eggs and six slices of bacon. Pretty much every morning. Today was no exception. Now, this is going to change soon but this has been my go-to for several months. I really enjoy it...it gets in a good amount of protein and fat and did I mention that I really enjoy it? :-)

Mmmm.....Egg whites ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Eggs 🍳 🥚
  • yvonne_beavis
    yvonne_beavis Posts: 39 Member
    200grams Skyr yoghurt, a small banana and a teaspoon of honey plus another piece of fruit if I'm still hungry. That sets me up nicely.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Alcohol for breakfast is not a good idea, I agree :oB):*

Ha!

In my defense, I was responding to "sucky diet" and not "breakfast" :p
  • bostonjim23
    bostonjim23 Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2018
    Normal eat 3 soft boiled eggs in a pita or peanut butter an banana on Dave's bread
  • kshama2001
    Got this recipe in my email this morning and it looks like a great make ahead breakfast. I'd make it for dinner as well. I usually have a breakfasty dinner a few times per month.

The calorie count seems low - probably this makes less than the stated 6 servings, and with less servings, calories will be higher.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/265839/make-ahead-breakfast-bars

5506506.jpg

Use raw potatoes instead of the hash browns and this is very similar to Julia Child's Râpée Morvandelle /
    Gratin of Shredded Potatoes with Ham and Eggs and Onions

http://www.cindysrecipesandwritings.com/rapee-morvandelle-sundaysupper-cookforjulia/

rapee-morvanndelle-300x225.jpg