Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    I love looking at old pictures..even when I don't know who they are.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    I like the post and link about NEAT. I think some of us do that naturally. I always try to park far from a store. I also try to do planks through out the day. I never knew there was a name for that type of activity. Thanks for sharing the link @NewLIFEstyle4ME and @Orphia
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME I like how you walk to the grocery store. I think our brain needs that type of experience. I once heard Deepak Chopra speak about vibrations and how all the electronics/tv/phone/car/machinery produce so many hidden vibrations that we need to get away from that as much as we can.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME I like how you walk to the grocery store. I think our brain needs that type of experience. I once heard Deepak Chopra speak about vibrations and how all the electronics/tv/phone/car/machinery produce so many hidden vibrations that we need to get away from that as much as we can.

Thank you so much Julie for posting this <3o:)<3
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    @snoo61 Sorry to hear that - hopefully you can get replacements that you like even better than the old ones.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    @snoo61 Sorry to hear that - hopefully you can get replacements that you like even better than the old ones.

Thanks, I have to laugh because that was my first thought about the stove. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited July 2018
    I have been enjoying this thread from the start--thanks OP-- and finally have one to add, with a bit of mortification and a chuckle. I have done the deep debulk and donation of multiple truck loads of stuff in the past but apparently always skipped one area. Today I decided to clean out the two shelves in the bathroom that are designated for things like bandaids, extra razor blades, soap, cold medicines and so on. And I put on my granny glasses (apparently for the first time) and found to my embarrassment I had multiple expired items, meds, visine, etc. But the worst one was the Calamine lotion. It expired in 1994!!!!! This bottle of calamine predated the birth of 3 of 4 of my grown children!!!!

My absolute pleasure and THANK YOU ever so much for contributing to this thread! Way to go winner AND I so can relate to skipping places (for me it was the multitudes of chipped and excess mugs I've "collected" over the years). AND I haven't yet tackled my garage. It's not "necessarily" messy nor has a lot of excess "stuff" in it--but I've got stuff in there that's just collecting dust and is totally unnecesary AND hasn't been dusted/swept/mopped/decluttered in an embarrassingly LONG TIME--your post has inspired me to tackle that immediately if not sooner=tomorrow--FOR SURE) The expired stuff in the medicine cabinet and pantry is sooooo the norm--it's amazing how we can just hold on to "stuff" thinking we "may" need it one day. Like the 1+ year old dressings, condiments, and stuff in the fridge/pantry or cupboards. Girl....that's soooo funny, Calamine lotion from 1994 (older than your grown children) it's real and it's so GOOD to let it go (at last).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!