Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @moodybear2003 what app is that?

Its the fitbit app. I have a charge 2, you can turn on workout tracking when you're getting ready to exercise. They have very few preset options. I use the generic "workout" when I'm doing something not on the list.

I also have a charge 2, and I don't see anything labeled "workout tracking." I will have to investigate further...
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Cool thanks
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    edited July 2018

I also have a charge 2, and I don't see anything labeled "workout tracking." I will have to investigate further...

When you press the button on the tracker to go through differnt modes, the workout tracking has a little figure and says run. You can tap the screen to go through the presets. Run, weights, treadmill, workout, elliptical, bike, and interval training. Then press and hold the side button once you find the one you want to track. A timer will start and you can tap through the screen to see steps, heart rate, pace, and calorie burn. Press and hold the side button again to stop the tracking. It shows up on the app under workouts. where mine says 4 out of 4 completed.
    ajgwqvdbrxt2.jpg

• tiffie_taffy
    tiffie_taffy Posts: 17 Member
    Hi. I’m restarting my fitness journey. A co-worker got me to start eating The Keto diet on Sunday july 22nd. I had just came back from my vacation where I gained even more weight and was feeling pretty low. It is usually very hard for me to start a diet plan. I go through the 7 stages of grief. Shock, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, testing, acceptance. This time I felt like the transition wasn’t as hard. I did experience the “Keto Flu” for the first 2days (I felt lethargic)... but after that I had lots of energy. It has been less than a week and I haven’t cheated once and even upped my steps to 10,000-15,000 per day (before I averaged 3000 step per day) and I have lost 13lbs! I’m so proud that I have accomplished so much to give me such a good head start!
  • _Shelly_Belly_
    _Shelly_Belly_ Posts: 16 Member
    Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: Michelle
    Height: 5’2"
    Highest Weight: 328.6
    Start Weight (June 16, 2018): 230.2
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 214

June 23 – 226.4
    June 30 – 227.4
    July 6 – 224.0
    July 14 – 222.6
    July 21 – 221.4
    July 28 – 222.2

Weight -/+ this week: +0.8
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -8.0
    Total weight lost: -106.4
  • terrichcombo
    terrichcombo Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you for starting this thread, Robin, and to all those who have posted! It's wonderful to be able to share with others on this journey! Mine started in January 2011 waking up sick and tired of being over 100 lbs overweight. I was able to lose 105 lbs. Lately I've been complacent (cocky?) and have "found" 20 of my lost pounds. I need to recommit to this journey; for me it's a life-long process, a marathon vs. a sprint....one day, one meal at a time! :)
    p.s. - I'm a 63 y.o. male.
  • jogetsgains
    I certainly didn't crush this week's challenge, but at least it has highlighted something I really need to work on.

Weekly challenge: non-food treats
    Tuesday: talked it out
    Wednesday: park
    Thursday: bath
    Friday: turned to food
    Saturday: turned to food
    Sunday: no self care
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @moodybear2003 -- thanks so much for the tutorial!! I always see those little figures for the different types of workouts, but I never knew about holding the button to start the tracker (and have been too lazy to research it). I'm going to try it the next time I go for a run. :smile:

@terrichcombo -- I also started in 2011 (March) and lost about 60 lbs which I maintained for a couple of years. Then I "found" about 20 which I've struggled to lose for a couple of years. Recommitting this summer (along with this challenge) has helped me lose about 10 of that, but I really want to get back down to where I was at my lowest weight and perhaps lose a bit more. Robin (Ellen) who started this thread chose to stop participating in the thread a while back because too much time on the computer was hindering achieving her health goals. I hope she still occasionally lurks and knows how much she's missed.

AFM-- I see the focus is not turning to food for comfort, but I modified it a bit. I'm not really an emotional eater, but I do struggle with poor choices and overindulging in social situations. Last week in MI was a great example. I could have stuck with very low calorie cocktails like vodka and seltzer, but I opted to add some calorie laden juices into the mix as well. I could have ordered the smaller kid's scoop at Sherman's dairy, but I ordered the regular scoop (which is more like 2 scoops) and I ate it all. Yesterday, I went to my niece's birthday party and then went to see Foo Fighters at Wrigley with a friend. Despite two events on one day, I was only slightly over my calorie allowance. I'm going to FF again tonight, so my goal is to do even better. :)

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

7/21 - 7/27 focus: Maintain my weight for the week while enjoying a getaway to Michigan. :)
    How I did: Meh. Only a .6 gain, and I'm hopeful that is mostly due to sodium.

7/28 - 8/3 focus: manage social eating better

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6- 194.4
    July 13-194.2
    July 20- 195.6
    July 27- 196.2
    August 3-
    August 10-
    August 17-
    August 24-
    August 31-

Weight -/+ this week: +.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -5.4
    Total weight lost: 50.8
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Hi guys!
    Here's our numbers, as promised, as of today:
    8qhznqsxlrwe.jpg

Only about half of the participants have checked in this week, but look at us go! One month left and I know we can ROCK this!

I had another hard time with food over camping this past weekend but my accountability partner DID remember to check in and I DID immediately get back to plan Monday morning. I find myself irritated that I'm still floating up and down in the 250's, when I really wanted to be almost to 240 at this point. BUT, I am trying to keep in mind what I'm always telling others- that this is a JOURNEY to learn how to eat for the rest. of. my. life. (which will include camping!) and that the downward trend is what's important overall. So, onward.

@skinnyjeanzbound Sherrrrrrmmmaaannnn's, MMMMMMMMmmmmm! Anytime we're down near South Haven (and have an hour to spare waiting in line...haha) we have to drop by, get our GIGANTIC cones and bring home a tub for the freezer. Baby size really is all you need, haha.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @katrina-- Thanks for the update on our numbers!! I was also hoping to be further along toward my goal at this point, but at least I'm lower than at the start of the summer. We went to Sherman's on a Wednesday at around noon and there was NO LINE!!! First time for everything, I guess.

AFM--second Foo Fighter's concert last night was awesome, and I ended up under my allowance by over a thousand calories because I ate a turkey burger at my mom's before going and only drank 2 light beers on the party bus from the train to the venue. Drank water the rest of the night, and between the dancing and the walking, I was way under. I was too tired to eat when I got home, so I woke up famished. I made up for some of that deficit today--about 500 calories over--but still a deficit overall, so I'm happy.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

7/28 - 8/3 focus: manage social eating better

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6- 194.4
    July 13-194.2
    July 20- 195.6
    July 27- 196.2
    August 3-
    August 10-
    August 17-
    August 24-
    August 31-

Weight -/+ this week: +.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -5.4
    Total weight lost: 50.8
  • jogetsgains

Name: jo
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 340
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 280
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 265

June 1- 280
    June 29- 275
    August 1- 275

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -11

• KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Just checking in. Back from one month road trip. Very off track but determined to get back on. At least I didn't gain

katrena
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5’5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 294.0
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 275

June 8- 292
    June 15- 291.6
    June 23- 290.8
    June 30- 290.2
    July 6 - 289.0
    July 13 - 289.5
    July 20 - 288.2
    July 27 - 286.0
    August 2- 284.8

Weight -/+ this week: -1.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -9.2
    Total weight lost: 23.2

I didn't really focus on anything this week. I really overate last Saturday, so I'm glad to see a nice loss. We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant, and I ate more than my share of chips and queso, then I had chicken Flautas and ate almost all the beans and rice that came with it. I was so full, I thought I was going to die. But i had salads with lo-cal dressing (Bolthouse farms Ceaser! Only 45 cals) and some protein each day for lunch, so I'm feeling I made up for the yummy restaurant food.
  • KATRENAJ
    Started the AIP Protocal diet Tuesday. Very strict and supposed to help autoimmune disorders. On phase 1 and eating too many carbs though they are all fruit and veggie. Will later move to phase 3 and most carbs will go Have noticed I'm walking better, sugar is better and pain is some improved,. Still no energy, but I don't think I am eating enough meat and protein. Spent most of the day shopping and cooking, so I have some meals prepared.

katrena
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    edited August 2018

Name: Katrina
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 305
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 260
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 236

7/27-8/3 Focus: finding comfort in something other than food. How i did- :smiley: I really enjoy creating art- drawing, esp and I filled several sketch pages this week in the evenings, mindlessly doodling instead of mindlessly eating. I also love music, singing and dancing and when I had an evening free of husband and kids, spent it cleaning, dancing and singing.

Next week's focus: water intake!

June 8- 259.5
    June 15- 258
    June 22- 258
    June 29- 256
    July 9- 257.5
    July 13- 254
    July 20- 258.5
    July 27- 253
    Aug. 3- 252
    Aug. 10-
    Aug. 17-
    Aug 24-
    Final weigh in! Aug. 31-

Weight -/+ this week: -1
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -8
    Total weight lost (this round- since Jan '18): 48.5 lbs

7qm4x1wy95fl.jpg
  • jogetsgains
    Pretty
  • hduke1977
    hduke1977 Posts: 7 Member
    All of your check-ins are inspiring!
    I'm new to the community forums and looking to comment with others for some support. Had a pretty miserable night (thankful for my husband for caring for me through my meltdown). Have been doing well with exercise and diet until I got a little lax last year then had a knee injury for several months and gained all the weight back. I'm starting again, not only still strengthening my knee again but with eating better. I've had good weeks so far, but the last few days I feel like I've been dragging myself through this, until my meltdown tonight.

So I realized I need some support and found the community section and this thread.

Thanks
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Hello everyone!
    I am currently in Alaska and will be driving back home. I will not have a scale and won't have internet most of the time. I'll get my weight updated when I am back home.
  • KATRENAJ
    More cooking today. Had a delicious supper but not losing weight. Am feeling better though. will need to cut carbs quite a bit to lose weight even though this is healthy eating and i a not eating gluten or dairy