Halo Ice Cream - weighing

Options
Panini911
Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
Possibly a stupid question but it's been bugging me so I'll post ;) Anyone else here buy and weigh Halo ice cream?

I starting buying Halo ice cream now and then. I put my bowl on the scale and zero it out then will scoop up a portion. But I am finding that what I am getting is MUCH less than what htey say is in the tub. At just under 500ml, there should be four portions of the 125ml they use in their food guide. So for the ones that are 100 calories for 125m there should be 4 servings total for 400 calories total.

Now I know from reading here that the actual weight can very but I am barely getting three portion in a tub via weighing.

next time I will dump the entire thing and weigh it. But is it normal for the stats tobe THAT off or am I making some really stupid error in my weighing?

Replies

• jillymurdoch
    jillymurdoch Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don’t have an answer, but I just going through this yesterday with my Goodnorth tub! *following*
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    ml is a volume not a a weight
  • Panini911
    Options
    ok so I am vastly under-logging.

so then I would need to take the entire thing out and weight it, then divide that in four? to be strict on logging correct info?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I can tell you (from much experience) that the cardboard tub Halo Top comes in very consistently weighs 17-18g (with the top and foil seal removed). So whatever the gross weight is, subtract 17-18g and that's the net weight of the ice cream itself (in grams, not ml).

I've found Halo Top to sometimes run a bit low on net contents, but never a whole full serving short. My question is, where does Halo Top measure their servings in ml? I have three tubs (different flavors) in my freezer right now, and the serving sizes on the nutritional labels are listed as 64g, 68g and 70g for the three different flavors.
  • Panini911
    edited July 2018
    Options
    i don’t have nutritional info by gram on my tub.only ml. i could go online i assume to see!

well good thing i ran a lot this weekend...lol!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I can tell you (from much experience) that the cardboard tub Halo Top comes in very consistently weighs 17-18g (with the top and foil seal removed). So whatever the gross weight is, subtract 17-18g and that's the net weight of the ice cream itself (in grams, not ml).

Thank you for this. I've recently started keeping tabs on how much is left in the container since I basically just used to let it thaw for a while, eat the empty part out of the container, and then stick it back in the freezer without weighing since I eat so little at a time. But I'm trying to polish off some containers that have expired recently so I've been divying up the weight of a whole container over the course of a week. This gives me like 10 more calories to play with. :p