New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited July 2018
    s23t4g620zd7.jpeg
    idk if anyone has posted about these, but I tried a bite earlier today. Not too bad actually! Really not into Special k products but this was pretty good. Not as "healthy" as other similar products, but I liked the texture. If I'm going for a dipped bar like this I typically like Pure Protein or Think Thin.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Finally got to try the sweet earth pizza. @hgycta mentioned the protein lovers was vegan but it has cheese so I think you meant vegetarian right ? I got the veggie one.

Pretty good. It was crisp and I loved all the veggies. I thought was weird to have corn but It added a nice sweetness. I did think it was a bit boring though. I ended up adding hot sauce and onion powder.it could have used more cheese. I wouldn’t consider it like a pizza, but more of a veggie flatbread.okm51b8yhfjd.jpeg

It's actually vegan cheese -- although you'd never be able to tell! I haven't had vegan cheese before the pizza, so I was actually really impressed with it!
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    Frankly, I'm terrified of the amount of fiber in a whole Quest pizza. And i KNOW i'd want to eat the whole thing.

I was terrified to learn the amount of fiber in two servings of the ThinSlimFoods Impastable Pasta was 72g, and that my total fiber consumption yesterday was 120g... but here I am... completely normal! I guess my body built up a HIGH tolerance for fiber! But Lord help me if I have as little as 10g of erythritol, I’ll be gassy all day! I really shouldn’t eat those low calorie ice cream pints, they make me smell awful, but I still do! I just make sure I only eat them at night after I’m done with all my important social interactions for the day ;p

Regarding food labeling standards and fiber: the FDA is currently reviewing all soluble fiber sources like those found in Quest products, diet ice creams (Halo Top, etc), Fiber One products, yogurts, etc. Basically any product with fiber added that wouldn't typically have fiber. They're analyzing how each source affects the body and whether or not these company's can claim it as an accurate source of fiber, which affects net carbs and the total calorie count, of course. So, for example, a Quest Pizza has approx 18g of fiber per serving and 6g net carbs as it stands. But depending on what the FDA mandates, they may not be able to count the fiber source as "true" which would really impact everything they advertise (net carbs) and would dramatically increase the advertised calorie count. Same goes for these other company's. They'd have to label the total calories based on the true carb count. There's still a lot up in the air, but this is why I track macros and don't track net carbs lol.

BUT simply put, even with the 18g of fiber, it probably won't affect you the same way 18g of fiber from, say, fruits and vegetables would.

I always thought they should do this. I find I always gain weight eating too many of the foods they count that way.

That’s a little confusing to me, I thought they used like a bomb calorimeter or something to heat up the food and determine the calories. So really they just manually calculate it based off fat, carbs-fiber, and protein? I know there’s a difference between soluble and insoluble fiber (not too sure of it though). Are you saying some of these diet products might be more calories than their labels suggest, or are they really low calorie but the fda will make them market them as being higher calories?

Personally I have never noticed any weight gain from ThinSlim Foods. Unfortunately, some of my other favorite low calorie products like Simply Scrumptous and The Dough Bar doughnuts do make me put on weight if I continue eating them long enough.

Correct — many of the products that contain these fibers contain more calories than advertised. Now, the macros are correct or else it would be illegal.

But take a Quest Bar for example:

180 calories:

-8 fat
    -20 protein
    -23 carbs (4 net carbs due to soluble fiber)

So really there are approx. 240-250 calories in a bar [(8*9)+(43*4)] = 244. But because of the 4g net carbs they can say 180. [(8*9)+(24*4)]=168.

Same goes for Halo Top. They advertise 320-360 per pint based off the net carbs, but really there are upwards of 500 in a pint. Based on the macros :smile:

The FDA is examining whether they can continue advertising these as low calorie based on net carbs due to these fibers.

But, it’s like people say. You would need to eat a lot of these products for it to make the difference count.

I'm sorry, but I'm awful with math and still not 100% getting this. I thought it could have around 500 in a pint, but with net carbs your body only absorbs the 320-360? Is this wrong, does your body actually absorb that 500? I'm worried because I do eat A LOT of diet products! But for the most part I've been able to maintain within a general range, so maybe I'm moving more than I'm logging. I track for a sedentary lifestyle, but I'm always on my feet at work and never get a chance to sit.
    jkojjt9gt1mp.png

I NEED THIS! Their partly cloudy pint is one of my FAVORITES but I can’t get it because I wind up eating the entire thing and blowing all my calories on it!!!! Normally I don’t like ice cream novelties as much but this looks like the best ice cream bar I have ever seen.... and hopefully I’ll be able to portion control with it much better!

That looks so pretty! So, I tried two new things: Quest Bar in S'mores and Breyer's Low Cal Ice Cream in Vanilla Cupcake. I was actually disappointed in the Quest bar as it just tasted like regular old chocolate chip to me, and none of the marshmallow and graham goodness I expected. Next time I'll try Birthday Cake. I tried a little taste of my Breyer's Vanilla Cupcake and I really liked it! Nice buttercream frosting flavor and crunchy rainbow sprinkles.

Melissa: I can't find the S'mores Enlightened anywhere! And none of my local stores can order it for me :( So you weren't a fan?

I'm not Melissa, but I know the S'mores (like the Glazed Donut) has a very limited availability to certain stores only. Around me, the only store that should sell the Glazed Donut is Safeway (which my Safeway store never got it) and for the S'mores the only store that should sell it is Wegmans, which only recently begun selling it. Personally, I LOVED the S'mores Enlightened! It tasted like graham ice cream with TONS of Hershey's chocolate syrup swirled in!

I thought they were all vegan too but no contain cheese. Only the veggie is vegan. p6yboyn959aa.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    edited July 2018
    z1mmi4169uty.png
    Saw these pop up on my IG. 😶👀
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2018
    z1mmi4169uty.png
    Saw these pop up on my IG. 😶👀

I posted about these too when I saw them wondering if they are any good. Still haven’t found them.

And yes those weller snacks were crunchy. They were more like a light crunchy crispy cookie than a macaroon.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    I’ve been following this thread for the longest time, but I’ve never posted before. I get super excited to try new products and I’m always on the lookout for the things posted here.
    I love enlightened ice cream and I’ve been really wanting to try some of the new flavors. I got up the nerve to ask a store manager today and he said he’d try and order whatever flavors I want if I can give him pics of the bar codes for the flavors I want. Would anyone that has them in their freezer or sees them in a store be willing to snap a pic and post it here for me?
    Glazed Donut
    Marshmallow Peanut Butter
    Cookies and Cream (pint and/or bars)
    S’mores
    Movie Night
    Thank you!!!!

• Noreenmarie1234
    Looks like some new flavors. f1sva6dj6g12.jpeg
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Wondering about the nilla banana pudding cereal...think the calorie content is off considering how many marshmallows it has!?! Delish thought...bottom line
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    And P.S. add a spinkle or 17 of cinnamon. Drool
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    I’ve been following this thread for the longest time, but I’ve never posted before. I get super excited to try new products and I’m always on the lookout for the things posted here.
    I love enlightened ice cream and I’ve been really wanting to try some of the new flavors. I got up the nerve to ask a store manager today and he said he’d try and order whatever flavors I want if I can give him pics of the bar codes for the flavors I want. Would anyone that has them in their freezer or sees them in a store be willing to snap a pic and post it here for me?
    Glazed Donut
    S’mores
    Movie Night
    Thank you!!!!

I still haven’t found glazed donut, I’m not crazy about movie night, and I ate all the marshmallow peanut butter and s’mores pints. But here’s the cookies and cream (and chocolate peanut butter in case your store doesn’t sell it — it’s their BEST flavor)!
    gbr2vxbmzhz7.jpeg
    5ug99r6jf9xt.jpeg
    widgit808 wrote: »
    Wondering about the nilla banana pudding cereal...think the calorie content is off considering how many marshmallows it has!?! Delish thought...bottom line

I don’t think their calorie counts are off, usually cereal is fairly low even with marshmallows. That being said, very underwhelming and my family ended up throwing it outside for the birds
  • hgycta
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    Glazed Donut
    S’mores
    Movie Night
    Thank you!!!!

I actually had it in my camera roll still from requesting it at another store — nevermind! Here’s red velvet, too, also another FANTASTIC must try!
    curcjbqxxmu6.jpeg
    nz89s6cy5oel.jpeg
    s3div3k85n8k.jpeg
    isp70dk5cl3o.jpeg

• thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member

These are the best low calorie wraps ever! They are HUGE! They are the biggest I've found for the calorie amount of 80. 10inch wrap only 80 calories with 7-8g protein. My favorites are the rye, pumpernickel, sourdough and everything bagel in that order.
    omrt4b9p2snm.png
    o44cn1l39qc1.png04ybz077am6q.png

I have been buying these for about a year. I am sad when I go to get them and they are out since I have only found them at wegmans... I can even make quesadillas with them!
  • thynes1313
    edited July 2018
    I finally found sweet earth pizza! I saw everyones thoughts on the veggie and protein options
    so I chose the Truffle Lovers since I love mushrooms and spinach. I have to say I was pretty impressed! Super yummy! My only thing was even after baking it an extra 4 minutes the outside of the crust was nice and crisp but the bottom in the center stayed soft. Would NOT keep me from getting it again though! this is 3/4 of the pizza and I was full after 2 pieces. My 10 year old loved it as well! Pricey but I definitely seeing me using this option for my pizza craving.

1fsuab5k38ps.jpg
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    I tried the Archer Farms (Target brand) high protein ice cream in Chocolate Pecan Pie. It was delicious! I have some trouble with lactose, and this didn't bother me at all (unlike Halo, which my system doesn't tolerate AT ALL.) It didn't taste as artificial as Enlightened, and the texture was as close to real ice cream as you can reasonably expect from a product like this.

I usually consider pints to be 2 servings, so I was ok eating half the container for 185 calories. I don't eat ice cream every day, so this was a nice treat for me, despite the slightly higher price tag! Definitely worth a trip to Target.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    bakerly-crunchy-chocolate-crepes-320x400.jpg

I found these yummies at Tops over the weekend in the bakery section. I'd never seen them before so I'm not sure how new they are but for 150 calories, they were totally satisfying. It was like a crushed up Ferrero Rocher inside.
  • hgycta
    thynes1313 wrote: »
    I finally found sweet earth pizza! I saw everyones thoughts on the veggie and protein options
    so I chose the Truffle Lovers since I love mushrooms and spinach. I have to say I was pretty impressed! Super yummy! My only thing was even after baking it an extra 4 minutes the outside of the crust was nice and crisp but the bottom in the center stayed soft. Would NOT keep me from getting it again though! this is 3/4 of the pizza and I was full after 2 pieces. My 10 year old loved it as well! Pricey but I definitely seeing me using this option for my pizza craving.

1fsuab5k38ps.jpg

Where did you find this??? I can only find the veggie or protein lover’s!!!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member

1fsuab5k38ps.jpg

Is it weird I really wanted the truffle even though I HATE MUSHROOMS BUT i love truffle oil
  • pancakerunner
    I don't know if you know MALK nut milks, but they're dropping something new in a couple days
  • pancakerunner
    Happy National Cheesecake Day!!! :)
  • thynes1313
    edited July 2018

1fsuab5k38ps.jpg

Target (with the other frozen pizzas)! They had those 3 of the 4 although the locator shows nothing. I have been stalking that place since I got my coupon lol! My walmarts and Wegman's don't carry many of their products. If you like the combo keep looking!! It was good enough that I went and got 2 more to stash incase.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    So excited to see Dunkin donuts had opened near me..... All the nopes, it's terrible

With you,,I'm just not a fan :'(